Hydro to dirt transplant ? On BudBuilders.org

Moshmen

Dirty soil guy
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Hey it’s Mosh I’m back on my feet I’m in well so everyone I owe a shirt or seeds if other will go out this Tuesday and it’s quite the list, I apologize to everyone first! I’ve been down and out for about a month but I got you !

Now question for you hydro guys - I got a cut or rather a mother that a dispo grow cut clones out of, anyways it’s in net pot with nice roots - I’m sorry I forgot the pics ! I’m used to my room being in my house. Anyhow I’m going to ale a couple more clones then I’d like to get it in the dirt outside ? Has anyone done this ? It’s animal face from seed junky’s original cut so I really like to save her if I can

It’s sitting in The garage in small pan in a net pot full of. Lay balls

Hey it’s Mosh I’m back on my feet I’m in well so everyone I owe a shirt or seeds if other will go out this Tuesday and it’s quite the list, I apologize to everyone first! I’ve been down and out for about a month but I got you !

Now question for you hydro guys - I got a cut or rather a mother that a dispo grow cut clones out of, anyways it’s in net pot with nice roots - I’m sorry I forgot the pics ! I’m used to my room being in my house. Anyhow I’m going to ale a couple more clones then I’d like to get it in the dirt outside ? Has anyone done this ? It’s animal face from seed junky’s original cut so I really like to save her if I can

It’s sitting in The garage in small pan in a net pot full of. Lay balls

sure man, you can put them in soil. if the roots are ridiculous length you can trim them first. but i've cloned in an areo cloner and went to soil from there. even on the ones i forgot about and were full grown plants in the cloner. in fact i just harvested two plants that i did it with, not only that but both hydro plants went in the same pot of soil together!!!!!!! :D

Yea one thing I've found that helps is taking soil you'll be using and dusting the roots with it first but yea...I've done it and I didn't even dust it when I did...this was back prior to me ever being online and I was dumb but yea I stuck it in the dirt and away it went...now when I pull shit out the aero cloner if I even use it I dust the roots....some dust with myco...Im kinda over myco though I feel that shit is kinda a placebo....not necessary

Yea one thing I've found that helps is taking soil you'll be using and dusting the roots with it first but yea...I've done it and I didn't even dust it when I did...this was back prior to me ever being online and I was dumb but yea I stuck it in the dirt and away it went...now when I pull shit out the aero cloner if I even use it I dust the roots....some dust with myco...Im kinda over myco though I feel that shit is kinda a placebo....not necessary

years ago i used to always dip the roots in Jellyfish (same as your dusting..) i kinda felt the same way, is it really doing anything. if you're transplanting to a living soil i think the dusting is just a double task.

What's that like animal cookies x face off og?

I remember that face off og fondly some pure gas

I’ve read/heard you can go from anything to soil but once in soil you can’t go hydro or others. 🤷‍♂️

A few times I’ve taken store bought hydro plants like lettuce and planted them at home. It works. But that’s as far as I’ve experimented.

I’ve cut many branches and tossed them in a coffee can of water only to have them root a week or so later with no additional effort. If I keep any they go straight into a red cup. Sometimes with the hormone powder but not often.

Clone in hydro and grow in soil has always been my philosophy 😋

More often than not mycos products are indeed bunk. There's only a few I trust...Great White, King Crab which is liquid, and Myco+ as an alternative with less performance than GW.
You'll know when they work because about 12-24 hours after applying plants will take off in aggressive growth and start praying to the light as they gobble up food. If they don't do that and just kinda trod their way thru the days with unnoticeable results then I consider the product bunk.
I always water these products in either along with plant food, a molasses supplement, or by themselves.

Another microherd that does well for us is trichoderma which is added to many mycos products but is also naturally occurring in coco.
Trichoderma is pretty much like having a waste management system in your root zone as it will help process food and eat away at any nasties that could cause issues like root rot. This is probably the #1 reason why I like to have coco in my soil blends

I’ve only tried two or three of the mycos products. All free samples I was given when buying crap at the grow stores.

I can’t comment on their success as I have nothing to really compare to. Didn’t seem to hurt, might have helped. Each free sample usually covers half a dozen plants or more.

Great White I’ve seen and read about but it’s $$$.

Back
Top Bottom