Is it safe to have leds

i wouldn't let any part of the heat sink (pretty much the entire body of the light) touch anything flammable. The risk of accidental ignition might be small but it's not marginal enough to say you won't have a problem.

can led lights touch tents and carbon filters? A higher end one mars hydro fce4800
My ViparSpectra KS3000 is like 35"x35" so when my fan kicks on, you can see the light outline on the walls of the tent.
At 100% power i can rest my face om the frame of the light and its barely warm so i dont worry about it.

Yea mine barely get warm too, theyā€™re about 2 years old now ! I have the fire extinguisher balls now. But Iā€™m just curious šŸ§ what yā€™allā€™s opinions were

I have more of a concern with all of our electric cables providing power to lights,heater,dehue,fans ect. run through fabric ports. As an ex electrician this to me is a fire hazard. We never run cables through under or around fabric. With bigger and bigger led lights loading up the current I see it as only a matter of time before something happens. I'd like to see a dedicated electrical port made with fire resistant materials in all tents before we lose anyone.

I have more of a concern with all of our electric cables providing power to lights,heater,dehue,fans ect. run through fabric ports. As an ex electrician this to me is a fire hazard. We never run cables through under or around fabric. With bigger and bigger led lights loading up the current I see it as only a matter of time before something happens. I'd like to see a dedicated electrical port made with fire resistant materials in all tents before we lose anyone.
Oh I definitely feel the same. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m investing in my safety now, after 2 years šŸ‘€

I'd like to see a dedicated electrical port made with fire resistant materials in all tents before we lose anyone.
I'd like to see a power center inside a junction box of sorts so that, if there is a fire, the oxygen in the box will be quickly consumed putting out the fire or, at the very least, keeping it at bay. It would also be nice if it was made to mount on tent poles.

I may DIY a power center inside a weather tight box. This should accomplish what I just described.

I'd like the power center to have 6 regular plugs stacked with grounds on the bottom and a wide plug at the end to accomodate a plug in timer that is also stacked with ground pin on the bottom. A couple of fast charge USB outlets would be nice too. Cable inlets with rubber skirts on the box to minimize air leaks.

I'd like to see a power center inside a junction box of sorts so that, if there is a fire, the oxygen in the box will be quickly consumed putting out the fire or, at the very least, keeping it at bay. It would also be nice if it was made to mount on tent poles.

I may DIY a power center inside a weather tight box. This should accomplish what I just described.

I'd like the power center to have 6 regular plugs stacked with grounds on the bottom and a wide plug at the end to accomodate a plug in timer that is also stacked with ground pin on the bottom. A couple of fast charge USB outlets would be nice too. Cable inlets with rubber skirts on the box to minimize air leaks.
Do you know why they put receptacles with the ground on top in hospitals? Because if a plug pulls out from the wall it can expose the 2 metal prongs on top and it makes shorts and exposure to conductors possible. If the plug pulls out with the ground on top you're just exposed to the ground. If something metal was to slip between the 2 prongs on top you'd get a short...on the ground pin...nothing.....

Do you know why they put receptacles with the ground on top in hospitals? Because if a plug pulls out from the wall it can expose the 2 metal prongs on top and it makes shorts and exposure to conductors possible. If the plug pulls out with the ground on top you're just exposed to the ground. If something metal was to slip between the 2 prongs on top you'd get a short...on the ground pin...nothing.....
Yes I'm aware of that.

Back
Top Bottom