Light schedules

elusive

Dank Daredevil
Reaction score
I’m trying to keep my utility bill as low as possible this winter so I was thinking of adjusting light schedules a bit as long as it won’t negatively affect the grow in any impactful way.

Seems like the sweet spot for photos is 18/6 in veg and 12/12 in flower.

Is 16/8 and 10/14 reasonable? Will it reduce my yield by a significant amount?

For autos it seems 18/6 or 24/0 is the most common - any wiggle room there or no?

I grew outdoors for several years with good/great success.
Never had 15 hours light even on the longest day.
You could add 1 hour and 15 minutes if you counted first light before sunrise and last light after sunset, but they sure don't add much usable light IMO.
Still never more than 16 hours on a perfect day only getting less everyday.
Something to think about?
Would not be fair to compare the Sun to any man made light fixtures

Let alone the outdoor env and any one(s) indoor ENV.

I grew outdoors for several years with good/great success.
Never had 15 hours light even on the longest day.
You could add 1 hour and 15 minutes if you counted first light before sunrise and last light after sunset, but they sure don't add much usable light IMO.
Still never more than 16 hours on a perfect day only getting less everyday.
Something to think about?
Yes but the peak hours of the day are higher light than we provide in a grow room. Light outdoors varies in intensity minute by minute and it only receives peak light for about 4 hrs.

Indoors if we gave the same light intensity over our say 18 hrs they plants would literally die.

Its all about DLI if you give a plant the same number of photons over 14 hrs or 20 hrs it is the same as long as the intensity used does not exceed the plant’s photosynthetic rates

I want to try this for veg 6/2 * 3 cycles/24hr = 18/6 but haven't yet. Kinda like old genius what's his name who took naps instead of traditional sleeping.

Anyone ever done the 6/2? I read about it somewhere years ago

Back
Top Bottom