Nursery pots

GoodShit97

G$
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get 2 and 3 gallon nursery pots cheaper than $1.50?
Amazon wants like 40 dollars for 20 i dont think theyre worth that, and i dont wanna go to the nursery and buy them for a dollar fifty

Amazon wants like 40 dollars for 20 i dont think theyre worth that, and i dont wanna go to the nursery and buy them for a dollar fifty
Are you looking for plastic pots or cloth pots? If you need cloth pots these guys are really cheap.

Plastic like these ones View attachment 33912
But it may come to those cheap 5 and 6 cent fabric ones and buy bunches of em and toss when done.
Not a bad idea but I would save the soil and reuse. Are there any nurseries in your area? If they don't give you some you could ask them to order it from their supplier and see if it's cheaper since they buy in bulk.

Not a bad idea but I would save the soil and reuse. Are there any nurseries in your area? If they don't give you some you could ask them to order it from their supplier and see if it's cheaper since they buy in bulk.
Im gonna stop in next week and see what theyve got.
If anything ill just have to buy them at a buck fitty.
Im just trying to buy 10 or 20 of each.

Just thought of this but you know who would have them to give away? Gardeners and landscapers. After they plant out a spot they got a bunch of empty pots. Might want to hit up a few that you know and see if they can hook you up.
Fuck yeah dude!! My cousin is a landscaper i bet hes got loads of em!!
Thanks dude!

Im gonna stop in next week and see what theyve got.
If anything ill just have to buy them at a buck fitty.
Im just trying to buy 10 or 20 of each.
Thatā€™s like a trip to McDonaldā€™s bro, probably find the buck fifty in your couch.
hahaha. I know times are tough.
I save pots from landscaping, but make sure you triple wash them out

Thatā€™s like a trip to McDonaldā€™s bro, probably find the buck fifty in your couch.
hahaha. I know times are tough.
I save pots from landscaping, but make sure you triple wash them out
I know man, im just cheap and figured there might have been some back door website that had them for 15-20 cents a pop.
The nursery i go to gets 1.50 a pop. So itll be like 60 bucks for 40 of em.

Plastic like these ones View attachment 33912
But it may come to those cheap 5 and 6 cent fabric ones and buy bunches of em and toss when done.

I have a source but it's local and the pots are new/never used. I'm actually making a trip there to check out blow molded C2000s at around $1.75/each. I can ask about their shipping or come up wuth something. I'll take pics and ask questions.
You're right, Amazon is a price gouging sumbitch on these.
Paint buckets from Home Depot, lowes, and wal mart are also an option on my radar

I have a source but it's local and the pots are new/never used. I'm actually making a trip there to check out blow molded C2000s at around $1.75/each. I can ask about their shipping or come up wuth something. I'll take pics and ask questions.
You're right, Amazon is a price gouging sumbitch on these.
Paint buckets from Home Depot, lowes, and wal mart are also an option on my radar
So i guess a buck fifty isnt bad since thats what my nursery has and theyre new as well. I guess I just didnt realize they just run about $2 a pot.

So i guess a buck fifty isnt bad since thats what my nursery has and theyre new as well. I guess I just didnt realize they just run about $2 a pot.

The right time and place they can be had for free but I don't trust that garden center so paying under $2 probably saves money compared to what nasties a commercial operation used pot might bring in and could cost in the end. But yep, that's about the going rate at the retail level.

I used old 3 gal ice cream buckets for 20+ years, stores that sell ice cream cones go through a lot of them, We used to sell them for 50 cents each, Drill / burn a bunch of holes in them they are good for years. I went to fabric for a while but I'm back in plastic with Auto Pots now.

I was pretty far off on price from the last time I bought some.
I just picked up twenty five 5 gallon C2000s for $2.60 each. $65 for a stack of plastic.šŸ¤•

Still better than Amazon and their $8.33 per pot price point but damn. Would like to see that below $2/pot.
It was a productive trip though. Found out Texas MMJ laws have been worded with loopholes and now the hydroshop is selling seeds. They had Ethos among others in stock but I didn't ask about price. Just did some catching up with pals I hadn't seen in a long time since they moved away but have moved back with the law change.

Yeah they were so poorly priced here i ended up just going with 3 gallon fabric bags instead. Saved like 40 dollars, which is crazy to me.

I get the two gallon buckets I use for my Binky Buckets for free dumpster diving at our local grocery store. They go through a bunch of them and they are super useful for a lot of purposes, and they have a handle and lids, I think most of them had frosting for their donuts and stuff like that, food grade for sure. If you found something like that, of course you would need to make holes in the bottom for drainage but free is a good price.

The freebie route for me is gonna take time.
Ideally I want to use 3 gallon buckets. Have 8 so far but need 24. My source on them will probably get me maybe 6-8 more by this time next year.
Can buy in a 10 pack for about $32 but I'm right back in the same price range as the C2000s on that.

I also have a bit of OCD when it comes to containers. It's a tick really. If I use 8 buckets and 16 C2000s the mismatch will bug the fuck out of me so it's gotta be all buckets or all c2000s. My buckets are both black and white and even that will fuck with my head especially if they're uneven numbers like 5 black and 19 white. 12 black and 12 white would be tolerable though. Barely but tolerable. I'm just weird about my containers and very picky about them. šŸ¤Ŗ

The freebie route for me is gonna take time.
Ideally I want to use 3 gallon buckets. Have 8 so far but need 24. My source on them will probably get me maybe 6-8 more by this time next year.
Can buy in a 10 pack for about $32 but I'm right back in the same price range as the C2000s on that.

I also have a bit of OCD when it comes to containers. It's a tick really. If I use 8 buckets and 16 C2000s the mismatch will bug the fuck out of me so it's gotta be all buckets or all c2000s. My buckets are both black and white and even that will fuck with my head especially if they're uneven numbers like 5 black and 19 white. 12 black and 12 white would be tolerable though. Barely but tolerable. I'm just weird about my containers and very picky about them. šŸ¤Ŗ
My tents would drive you bat shit bonkers then dude šŸ¤£

I have all different kinds of pots in them lol.
Id prefer to run just 1 specific type but thatll never happen until i have an actual dedicated room.

My tents would drive you bat shit bonkers then dude šŸ¤£

I have all different kinds of pots in them lol.
Id prefer to run just 1 specific type but thatll never happen until i have an actual dedicated room.

I'm even worse about my lights. If they're not evenly spaced and matched up I get all twitchy. If I had two different brands of lights I'd probably burn the room down.
When I had the huge bar light on one side and two small panels on the other I got so wigged out the day I was set to plant seedlings it got the better of me and I had to redo it so the bar light was centered and the small panels bookended it.
I'm even getting a little twitchy about having both ACI and Vivosun fans. Good thing is they both look alike and are black or that shit would bug the crap out of me too. Having OCD over things like that sucks Bro. I just can't let it go either.

I'm even worse about my lights. If they're not evenly spaced and matched up I get all twitchy. If I had two different brands of lights I'd probably burn the room down.
When I had the huge bar light on one side and two small panels on the other I got so wigged out the day I was set to plant seedlings it got the better of me and I had to redo it so the bar light was centered and the small panels bookended it.
I'm even getting a little twitchy about having both ACI and Vivosun fans. Good thing is they both look alike and are black or that shit would bug the crap out of me too. Having OCD over things like that sucks Bro. I just can't let it go either.
I totally get it bro, OCD is ass. I had some minor ocd but when i met my wife, her ocd was sooo bad it actually helped me grow out of my ocd tendencies because hers was that bad, still is too but has gotten better.

If things arent exactly where they were when she gets home from work i get an earfull, but its whatever, i don't fret.
She' ll learn to live with it like i did, or she wont and ill learn to live with the quirks lmao.

I get pretty tight about symmetry and matching things up.
I would have to say many times what I deem necessary may be a little more just looks better.
I want my ducks in a row and it would be nice if they were all the same color~!
Never had different pots, lights or anything in the room.

Had an ex GF with some pretty serious OCD. I asked her why she couldn't just say to herself it's ok. Things are fine the way they are. She said imagine a skipping record that keeps telling you it's wrong and you can't stop it until its right in your head.

Had an ex GF with some pretty serious OCD. I asked her why she couldn't just say to herself it's ok. Things are fine the way they are. She said imagine a skipping record that keeps telling you it's wrong and you can't stop it until its right in your head.
Thats how my wife explained it to me too, living the way i do, i couldn't do it man. I could barely deal with my tiny bit of ocd shit lol.

Thats how my wife explained it to me too, living the way i do, i couldn't do it man. I could barely deal with my tiny bit of ocd shit lol.
I looked into OCD and one of the things that I found is Niacin and/or Vitamin B3 supplements help. I gave it to my exGF and she said it did take the edge off. Didn't cure it by any means but it did take off the edge enough to make it tolerable.

I get pretty tight about symmetry and matching things up.
I would have to say many times what I deem necessary may be a little more just looks better.
I want my ducks in a row and it would be nice if they were all the same color~!
Never had different pots, lights or anything in the room.

Your grow space and organizational skills for me is like watching a zen therapy video. Cool Beans space is calming as well.
The nutso thing is my room is total chaos but I suppose organized chaos.
But light, containers, and mismatched trays trigger me bad.
And the mess of wires... holy crap that shit is like a never ending nightmare but has also helped some because there's just no way around it. Grow pot indoors, there will be lots of cords. My cord situation and OCD is like trying to cure the fear of heights by jumping out of an airplane. Something's gotta give šŸ™ƒ

Back
Top Bottom