I'll start at 1.5 EC perhaps
Temps will be in the 80s F~
RH will be 60-75~
The pH will be 5.5-6.0
CO2 - ambient

JRCROPTECH Flower 0-21-26
15-0-0 calnit

For now

I would not lower the PPFD because you strip the ladies but I honestly can’t say if that is correct it’s just the way I roll. They are ramped up to the max PPFD by FLIP and that doesn’t change unless there is an issue with the grow or until a few days before CHOP to enhance the purple color strains. I drop around 100PPFD per day for the last 3 days. So from over 1000 to around 700.

most growers definitely have different opinions about when to switch from veg to flower nutes. I personally switch on day one however I definitely can’t say it is the best way.

CONFUCIUS ONCE TOLD ME RUNS UNDER UNDER YOUR BELT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL LEARN AS WELL AS THAT IF YOU ASK 100 GROWERS THE SAME QUESTION YOU WILL PROBABLY GET WELL OVER 70 DIFFERENT ANSWERS!

Peace

I would not lower the PPFD because you strip the ladies but I honestly can’t say if that is correct it’s just the way I roll. They are ramped up to the max PPFD by FLIP and that doesn’t change unless there is an issue with the grow or until a few days before CHOP to enhance the purple color strains. I drop around 100PPFD per day for the last 3 days. So from over 1000 to around 700.

most growers definitely have different opinions about when to switch from veg to flower nutes. I personally switch on day one however I definitely can’t say it is the best way.

CONFUCIUS ONCE TOLD ME RUNS UNDER UNDER YOUR BELT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL LEARN AS WELL AS THAT IF YOU ASK 100 GROWERS THE SAME QUESTION YOU WILL PROBABLY GET WELL OVER 70 DIFFERENT ANSWERS!

Peace
The logic is they just lost alot of leafs and still want to slam high PPFD on them? It's a stressor as well after stripping - again Im not the leader in this industry.

And ok cool I'll basically switch to flower nutes then soon

The PPFD goes back up of course after a few days

Yup, and here's another run to learn from.

I don't have flower DOWN, or the best practices to do for which week of flower.

Learning process.

Last edited:
Hell.. even when I'm playing with my daughter and I accidently hit one of mom's posters. She always gets upset and says "DON'T HIT THE POSTERS"

Then I think to myself "like I fuckin' meant to" and proceed to intentionally hit the posters with my next few throws. 🤣

The logic is they just lost alot of leafs and still want to slam high PPFD on them? It's a stressor as well after stripping - again Im not the leader in this industry.

And ok cool I'll basically switch to flower nutes then soon

The PPFD goes back up of course after a few days
unless, stripping a plant, then putting it into flower space and keeping the PPFD the same since DLI/hours of light then drops to 12 from 18

CROP-STEERING

Crop steering is the practice of manipulating the growing environment to achieve a desired outcome, such as increased yield, improved quality, or earlier maturity.

Crop steering can be used to steer plants through different growth stages, such as vegetative growth and generative growth.
Dry back refers to the period of time between irrigation events when the substrate (growing medium) begins to dry out. Fast dry backs and slower dry backs can be used to steer plant growth in different ways.

• Fast dry backs can encourage root growth and promote generative growth. Fast dry backs can also be used to increase the sugar content of fruits and vegetables.
  • Slower dry backs can help to maintain leaf growth and vegetative growth. Slower dry backs can also be used to reduce the risk of plant stress.
The choice of whether to use fast dry backs or slower dry backs will depend on the specific crop being grown and the desired outcome.
Here are some examples of how crop steering can be used to achieve different outcomes:

• To increase yield: A grower might use fast dry backs during the generative stage to encourage root growth and promote fruit development.
  • To improve quality: A grower might use slower dry backs during the vegetative stage to maintain leaf growth and produce larger, more flavorful fruits and vegetables.
  • To achieve earlier maturity: A grower might use fast dry backs during the generative stage to encourage fruit ripening.

Generative growth and vegetative growth are two distinct phases of plant development.

Generative growth is the development of flowers, fruits, and seeds. It is the reproductive phase of plant development. During generative growth, plants allocate their resources towards producing offspring.

Vegetative growth is the growth of leaves, stems, and roots. It is the non-reproductive phase of plant development. During vegetative growth, plants allocate their resources towards growing larger and stronger.
The two phases of plant growth are not mutually exclusive. Plants can be in both vegetative and generative growth at the same time. However, there is a trade-off between the two. Plants cannot allocate all of their resources to both vegetative growth and generative growth at the same time.

Factors that influence the switch from vegetative growth to generative growth include:

• Age: Most plants will eventually switch to generative growth as they mature.
  • Day length: Many plants switch to generative growth in response to changes in day length. For example, short-day plants flower in response to short days, while long-day plants flower in response to long days.
  • Temperature: Some plants switch to generative growth in response to changes in temperature. For example, some plants flower in response to cooler temperatures.
  • Stress: Environmental stresses, such as drought, heat, and salinity, can also trigger generative growth.
Generative growth is important for plant reproduction and ensures the survival of the species. However, it is important to note that vegetative growth is also important. Vegetative growth allows plants to grow larger and stronger, which makes them more competitive and more resistant to stress.

Here are some examples of vegetative growth:

• New leaves emerging from a branch
  • A root system expanding
  • A stem thickening
Here are some examples of generative growth:
  • Flowers blooming
  • Fruit developing
  • Seeds forming

Differences between vegetative growth and generative growth:

CharacteristicVegetative growthGenerative growth
Primary goalGrowthReproduction
Parts of the plant affectedLeaves, stems, and rootsFlowers, fruits, and seeds
Factors that influenceAge, day length, temperature, and stressAge, day length, temperature, and stress

is there some proprietary information missing?

all you gotta do is*

fast dry backs = vegetative

slow dry backs = generative

besides the obvious given; of manipulating the environment.
ec.

ph.
ppfd.
co2.
rh/temp.
air flow.
substrate.

osmotic/matric potential(s).
possibly missing a variable currently not at the top of my head

1697081115363.png
1697081145839.png
1697081051723.png

back and fourth between these 2 ^
probably go with 1.8 E.C, as i was doing 2.3g 15-0-0, or does the N need to be dropped even more? > sense im going to "Transition" ill leave the N there in attempt to stave off any Yellowing Tops during the "Transition"

i just do not have the third column
, 1697081239153.png

alright, about to go mix up the solution and water em, ill try to get to stripping them tonight, may or may not.

- may do this - every night go up .1 till 6.1 or 6.0 then back down to 5.5 rinse & repeat every night

Attempting "Fast-Drybacks" for the first week of Flower, then i should have the drip system to play around with to take care of the DRYBACKS.

As I have stated many times I’m not the guru and that’s a fact jack!

However I was taught to only lollypop at flip then strip them after stretch is finished. They definitely get some abuse in Veg but they stop producing roots after stretch which to me means FLOWER time! I try not to allow a leaf with a petiole on the ladies after I strip them.

Again many ways to skin a cat and this is just the way I was taught to do it.

Peace

View attachment 25238
View attachment 25239
View attachment 25237

back and fourth between these 2 ^
probably go with 1.8 E.C, as i was doing 2.3g 15-0-0, or does the N need to be dropped even more? > sense im going to "Transition" ill leave the N there in attempt to stave off any Yellowing Tops during the "Transition"

i just do not have the third column
, View attachment 25240

alright, about to go mix up the solution and water em, ill try to get to stripping them tonight, may or may not.

- may do this - every night go up .1 till 6.1 or 6.0 then back down to 5.5 rinse & repeat every night

Attempting "Fast-Drybacks" for the first week of Flower, then i should have the drip system to play around with to take care of the DRYBACKS.
Go 1.5 until you can get EVERYTHING balanced and then do Observatory experiments!

Go 1.5 until you can get EVERYTHING balanced and then do Observatory experiments!
1697081756957.png
just happens theres not a 1.5 or i would lol

gotta fudge with em to get 1.5 just right

i could do 3.2grams 0-21-26 and
1.7g 15-0-0 for around 1.5 ec +/- my 120PPM~ Tap.

As I have stated many times I’m not the guru and that’s a fact jack!
no worries man
However I was taught to only lollypop at flip then strip them after stretch is finished. They definitely get some abuse in Veg but they stop producing roots after stretch which to me means FLOWER time! I try not to allow a leaf with a petiole on the ladies after I strip them.
i dont think you were taught wrong at all, im curious if its the same for the "schwazzing" TEQ. (Technique) or fucking "TeK" , fuck.
Again many ways to skin a cat and this is just the way I was taught to do it.
gotta remind my gf that about her cats too, lol.

its mixed @
3.1g 0-21-26
1.6g CalNit 15-0-0
5.7 ph

+Tap 120ppm~ E.C Reads 1.4

1 Gallon

View attachment 25245
just happens theres not a 1.5 or i would lol

gotta fudge with em to get 1.5 just right

i could do 3.2grams 0-21-26 and
1.7g 15-0-0 for around 1.5 ec +/- my 120PPM~ Tap.
weird because there is on their veg schedule??? However let’s make it simple add 1.4 columns and 1.8 columns and divide by 2 and you will be at 1.6

I seriously didn’t send you Ca chloride? Good thing you said something I will add to the box that for the third time I plan to ship tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom