Personal choice for smoke: grinder or breakup by hand?

I've had my 3" Mendo Mulcher brand grander for almost 10 years...

It'll fit over an 8th ground up and does a fantastic job.
I stopped buying name brand ones after i had the SLX "non stick ceramic coated" yada yada hooplah. Thing was like 70(?) dollars i think and lasted maybe 4 months before the coating was gone and i had to throw it away.

Look at this thing😅🤣
100.99, on sale from 200.99 wtf 😳 https://vivosun.com/-p1490622031971...S7aLjFot6DLya8yFwe5dytocTQSzW423LNsjZmJ11C0fQ

Ill keep buying the $5-9 dollar acrylic ones from the gad station for that price holy hell

I stopped buying name brand ones after i had the SLX "non stick ceramic coated" yada yada hooplah. Thing was like 70(?) dollars i think and lasted maybe 4 months before the coating was gone and i had to throw it away.

Look at this thing😅🤣
100.99, on sale from 200.99 wtf 😳 https://vivosun.com/-p1490622031971...S7aLjFot6DLya8yFwe5dytocTQSzW423LNsjZmJ11C0fQ

Ill keep buying the $5-9 dollar acrylic ones from the gad station for that price holy hell
That's a pretty sexy grinder though 🤣

When I bought the mendo mulcher, it was the only American made brand that rivaled space case quality. I had a space case for years prior. I'm using a spiderfarmer one now because it was cheap when I bought my light. Those three grinders are the only ones i've used since like 2008.

I used scissors until grinders appeared on the market, grinders more are convenient to use, depending on the design of them.
_20210110_164054.JPG
I got 0.6g of hash from it. (No I didn’t smoke it 😬)

They clean up like new, that reallyis the same grinder.
20240204_132922.jpg
A spray of alcohol and left overnight in a bag.

I used scissors until grinders appeared on the market, grinders more are convenient to use, depending on the design of them.
View attachment 43314
I got 0.6g of hash from it. (No I didn’t smoke it 😬)

They clean up like new, that reallyis the same grinder.
View attachment 43315
A spray of alcohol and left overnight in a bag.
Im worried to try this with my mewest one until i have an extra.
My newest one isnt acrylic, its compressed hemp so im worried it will just dissolve in iso lmao.

Last edited:
This is wild.. you can do anything with these plants

Yeah its wild for sure.
But its like 3 months old maybe and i already busted a tooth out of it.
But i paid 9 bucks for it at the smoke shop so ill prolly just get a new one when this one gets too gunked up

I have never used a grinder in my life LOL 25 years smoking never once. I just never used a grinder cuz I live in Ohio and until recently that was the only way you can get seeds. I've come across some real gems over the years but now that it has become recreational. I can get feminized seeds that take most of the guesswork out of Males and females. And nothing worse than putting a month and a half into a plant and finding out it's a male🤮. So I will indeed be purchasing a grinder here soon!!

Most of my friends use coffee grinders. I used to be a hand on smoker and like to break everything up by hand and had several grinders along the years that usually get gunked up and stop working correctly but recently got a grinder that’s been really great and the funny part is I talked shit on them for 3 years every time I saw them at the dispensary because they’re 3 times more expensive than the average grinder. Well one day I decided to get one and see what all the fuss was about and it’s just a really high quality piece of equipment. I get a much fluffier grind from this grinder and I find the taste is noticably better in my vaporizer. IMG_1641.jpegIMG_1640.jpeg

If it’s sticky, grinder, if it’s dry enough to break apart by rolling it between my fingers and not turn to dust, I do that as it’s easier/faster than playing with a grinder.

I bought a Flower Mill grinder over 1.5 years ago. It's unique in how it grinds up the bud. No gummed up sticky teeth to clean. It's more like a cheese grater.

My buddy uses his grinder so much he has a garlic powder container filled with kief.

I also have another grinder that is full stainless steel made on a CNC machine. It's so heavy though.

But like I said in my previous post, I use my hands if the bud is easy to pull pieces off of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom