questions about cloning this go around

budsofmadison

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
when i go to top my photos this go around if i wait till the top is long enough could i clone what i top ? and what all would i need ?
would i need a separate tent for the clones or could i leave them in the tent with there mothers ?
i know i would need some root hormone, but what's the cheapest thing to media to grow them in
also if i take clones as soon as they root could i flip them along with there mothers
sorry for my bad english it's only my first language

There are two many things that go into that for a simple answer. Plants rarely get root bound as many think. I have seen large plants grown in 1 gallon pots of coco. It is all a matter of what your skill set is and the time you want to put into the grow. The 1 gallon grow I knew about I want to say ended up with 12 or 14 waterings a day.
If it was mine it was infact 14x a day and some buds as big as 2 litre bottles

when i go to top my photos this go around if i wait till the top is long enough could i clone what i top ? and what all would i need ?
would i need a separate tent for the clones or could i leave them in the tent with there mothers ?
i know i would need some root hormone, but what's the cheapest thing to media to grow them in
also if i take clones as soon as they root could i flip them along with there mothers
I've used different methods and found a c solo cup and baggie works as well as anything.
img_20230416_233856688-jpg.476

Ideally topping and cloning are not the same. For clones I like to take 6" or 7" of stem. When I top I literally take about 1" to 1 1/2" of top growth and I time it based on when I can get 3 shoots out of the stem.
well i was gonna wait till the tops were around 6 inches to take lol i want some big plants this time

im really in no big hurry to switch to 12 to 12 this time
If you are in no hurry and want to maximize your yield you could cut the whole mother plant into clones and make as mentioned a sea of green with all small plants. It is more work but at the same time all the plants will be near the same size and have about the same requirements for growth. But you would be putting all your stock into successfully cloning the plants.

If you are in no hurry and want to maximize your yield you could cut the whole mother plant into clones and make as mentioned a sea of green with all small plants. It is more work but at the same time all the plants will be near the same size and have about the same requirements for growth. But you would be putting all your stock into successfully cloning the plants.
i dont wanna try that this time lol i got 6 plants might go for 6 clones

It’s possible. I broke a top off this grow and stuck it in a rapid rooter. It rooted. It was also a week after flipping and it’s going to reveg. It’s now in a 1g pot. I haven’t decided what to do with it. Might use it as a mother.

It’s possible. I broke a top off this grow and stuck it in a rapid rooter. It rooted. It was also a week after flipping and it’s going to reveg. It’s now in a 1g pot. I haven’t decided what to do with it. Might use it as a mother.
like you flipped to 12/12 and the clone started to reveg ?

Seeds for me are okay. Rarely have one that fails but some don’t make it past seedlings.

Clones on the other hand seem to be easy. I can’t just toss a branch. I keep a container of water in front of my intake fan for extra humidity. If I cut a branch that’s good I toss in the container. A week or so later I see white bumps. After that little roots.

At this point I pick the best and put it on a cup or toss it. I try to give them away to friends & fam first.

If I’m actively trying to clone to replace a plant I put a branch in water until done trimming. Then I put in rooting gel. Then I put in rooting powder, just because I have both. Then I put into a cup with my current medium.

Here is how a good friend does it;

Back
Top Bottom