Slurricane Cream + another batch of Irie sativas

We're at about the 8.5 week mark. Buds are starting to beef up, fading is in full swing on some plants -- particularly the ones I burned.

The mess:
grp_072024.jpeg
The general smell in the tent is lemon with a touch of chemicals and a hint of somebody-needs-a-shower.

Slurricane Cream continues to hold the Miss Photogenic award for the tent. She also holds the easiest plant I've ever grown award. She seems bullet proof. She is actually starting to fade in this pic, though she's still greener than any other plant in the tent ever was.
Slurcrm1_072024 cu.jpg

The Sonic Boom sisters are fading, but only one looks like she might be harvested within the next 3 weeks.
SB1:
Sboom1_072024.jpeg
SB2:
Sboom2cu_072024.jpeg
The scent on this one is like lemon-lime soda. Button buds though.

Chemical Cocktail looks much better in person (in plant?) than in pics. Wonderful lemon/chemical waste dump scent.
chemctail1_072024.jpeg
She's the tall, spindly girl on the right side of the tent in the group pic. She doubled in height during stretch. She was the runt of the tent, so she is on a booster seat. Very open structure. Essentially all buds have full light exposure, without defoliating.

Here's Candylicious 1 and Candylicious 2:
Candy1_072024.jpeg
Candy2_072024.jpeg
They don't look much alike and one was burned and is fading fast, but they do have one thing in common: not smelling remotely like candy at all. There's sort of a mint-medicine scent when trichs are rubbed.

And the Lemon Jeffery gals are chugging along. I had to reach by this one to pull some yellow leaves off the other one, and I was overwhelmed by an intense lemon scent -- on the sweet side.
LJ2_072024.jpeg

It's 8.5 weeks now, I'm thinking most of them will go at least 11 weeks, and 12 is likely for the LJ, one of the Sonic Booms and Chemical Cocktails. I boosted the temp a bit. I know many of you are dealing with extreme heat this summer, but my basement still feels like winter.

Man had to stop in to say that afterglow ended up real nice. At first I was sleeping on it had a real weird lemon smell was off to the back didn't get much love but after curing it and smoking it, I must say I had it all wrong. I busted some out my wife said "what is that?" I asked if it smelled good she said "yes and no" lol...that means it's up my alley lol. Couple other buddies thought it was super tasty as well, I noticed rolling doobies with it the resin oozes into the paper without the joint even being lit. Pretty exceptional smoke I must confess. Thank you for sending it I'll be growing it again for sure ✌🏻🤘🏻

Man had to stop in to say that afterglow ended up real nice. At first I was sleeping on it had a real weird lemon smell was off to the back didn't get much love but after curing it and smoking it, I must say I had it all wrong. I busted some out my wife said "what is that?" I asked if it smelled good she said "yes and no" lol...that means it's up my alley lol. Couple other buddies thought it was super tasty as well, I noticed rolling doobies with it the resin oozes into the paper without the joint even being lit. Pretty exceptional smoke I must confess. Thank you for sending it I'll be growing it again for sure ✌🏻🤘🏻
Excellent. I figured it had to be good, since the breeder released about a dozen new crosses with Afterglow as a parent. I love getting people to ask, "What is that?"

I'll have to give it a try, but I might do Orange-gasm or Sunkiss first (since I have them now). Irie came out with too many at one time for me to keep up.

Excellent. I figured it had to be good, since the breeder released about a dozen new crosses with Afterglow as a parent. I love getting people to ask, "What is that?"

I'll have to give it a try, but I might do Orange-gasm or Sunkiss first (since I have them now). Irie came out with too many at one time for me to keep up.
I tell ya what I know you said you passed on one strain because it was too indica...this one I bet would be about perfect man, just a nice hybrid 50 50 maybe even a little more sativa...seems Irie is kinda known for the sativa right? This one's a winner dude imo.

I tell ya what I know you said you passed on one strain because it was too indica...this one I bet would be about perfect man, just a nice hybrid 50 50 maybe even a little more sativa...seems Irie is kinda known for the sativa right? This one's a winner dude imo.
He does have a few killer indica doms, but his wares are sativa-heavy. Anything of his that includes Blueberry Cookies as a parent or grandparent tends to put me to sleep, so it was probably one of those strains I passed on. Blue Raspberry Truffle is supposed to be his most interesting scented strain, according to him, but I know it would just have me staring off into space.

Another pic of Slurricane Cream, this time at 10 weeks. She's looking close to done, but no amber trichs, at this point.
IMG_8149 resize.jpg
The scent is minty-fruity. This is still the easiest plant I think I've ever grown. She can take way more light than
any other plant in my tent (except for her smaller sister, who is also tough as nails, but a bit runty) and was always happy with whatever I fed her, in whatever quantity.

The smaller of my two Sonic Booms was chopped about a week ago, at 9.5 weeks. I've had a few samples of mostly dried bud, and she is pretty powerful. She WOULD be a great "all day limonene smoke," but she's a little too stony for that. Her sister will probably go 12 or 13 weeks.

I agree man. That's a beautiful fade.
As you can see from the background, the rest are having an ugly fade.

Getting singed by the light seems to mimic deficiency symptoms of nutrients that might be in low supply. The rest of them might have needed more potassium toward the end than I gave them.

The sap bath has commenced.

The Irie sativa doms are starting to show amber on calyxes, but they still have a number of new, white stigmas popping up. I rarely see that. Anyway, after 12 weeks, the Grim Clipper was getting itchy.

The two Lemon Jeffery girls came down:
LJ1.jpeg
LJ2.jpeg
A few weeks back, several plants went into an ugly fade -- probably due to P or K needs not being fully met.

SlurricaSCr-chopday.jpegne Cream didn't mind. She's also hanging upside down now.

Yesterday, The bigger Chemical Cocktail, who was once the tent runt, came down.
ChemCocktail2-wholeplant.jpeg
This was a very spread out, open plant. Just about every bud site got decent light, without much in the way of defoliation.
Top bud:
Chemical Cocktail2.jpeg
You can see the white stigmas continuing to pop out. Fuck it, she came down at 12.5 weeks. Her sis will probably remain for another week.

Looking forward to smoking these.

I hope I can find the dirty yellow Gatorade smelling plant again with the remaining afterglow seeds I got....that girl stank!!!

That lemon Jeffrey looks mighty nice too
That Chemical Cocktail plant I just chopped is probably the nastiest stinker from this grow.

I'm going to tear down my grow after the last of these guys are harvested, and rebuild, so I didn't take any clones. I'm beginning to think I'll regret that.

Back
Top Bottom