The End is Near

Not popular with many but our last six harvests have bean done using a bowl trimmer. We won't go back!
I used one of those on a warehouse grow. We pulled 18p on that one so hand trimming was out of the question. Not for trying though but by the time we finished a few pounds we both agreed to break for lunch and head over to the hydro store to pick up "that salad bowl contraption"! 😄 Worked well in breaking down the main leaves so we only had to fine trim. For volume I'm good with them but for a personal grow like this I prefer hand trimming. We broke ours the second day we were using it as my partner was getting impatient and wanted to get through it!!!

Bought a case of butter and a bottle of coconut oil at Walmart. I've got a grocery store paper bag around 1/4 of the way full of trim so far. Once I'm done trimming canna butter and canna coconut oil time!!

Once they're in the jars I'll see whether I'll need them or not. So far it looks like my plan may work but we'll see.
How did the moisture in the jars go? Did it continue to creep up?

How did the moisture in the jars go? Did it continue to creep up?
Yes. After a few days the humidity rose to around 62*. Going to leave it there for now and continue doing my daily burps. Just waiting for the flower to solidify a bit more.

You and the GF. She's already asking me how long until it's smokable.

I removed the branches off the main stem and hung them. I caught her in the tent and her excuse was "I really liked how you lined them all up!".......Uh hu.....🤨😄
Bee sure and Czech her pockets on the way out...

So it's been almost a month and I've been slacking on reporting on the cure portion.

Flowers are pretty much at or arriving at peak so.....

Moonglow - Not sparkly with small patches of trichomes. Slight hay smell but I can smell some of the terps pushing through. Kind of an orange creamsicle smell similar to Tangi strain. Flower structure is good but a bit airy. Smoke report? Fire. It doesn't look it but it'll put you on your ass pretty quickly as it doesn't fuck around and creep on you. You smoke it and it gets right to it! Crumbles beautifully on grind and rolls without issue. Perfect wake and bake smoke. Good joint flower.

Big Fat Glue - Good sparkle with good trichome development mostly around leaf edges and at the base of the flower. Good Terp profile. Fruity on the grapefruit side with a few other fruity terps I can't put my finger on. Flower structure is good with small, indica like flowers. Smoke report? Fire. A little more of a creeper but when it hits it hits pretty hard. The GF even mentioned it to me without me asking. Good "just got home from work" smoke. You know. Just got home and want to unwind but the HoneyDo list is calling. Smoke this and you can do both!!

Florida Strawberry - Sparkly with above average trichome counts all over flower. I thought this would be the fruitiest out of the three but while it does have fruit terps it also has an almost kush gas that you can't miss. I'm guessing either Triangle or OG. Can't decide which. Good flower structure with dense indica like flowers. Smoke report? Creeper for sure. Takes a second to really come on but when it hits it's like one of the best indicas you've smoked. Not couch lock but you will be fucking STONED so don't plan on doing much other than watching TV or chilling with the fam.

So it's been almost a month and I've been slacking on reporting on the cure portion.

Flowers are pretty much at or arriving at peak so.....

Moonglow - Not sparkly with small patches of trichomes. Slight hay smell but I can smell some of the terps pushing through. Kind of an orange creamsicle smell similar to Tangi strain. Flower structure is good but a bit airy. Smoke report? Fire. It doesn't look it but it'll put you on your ass pretty quickly as it doesn't fuck around and creep on you. You smoke it and it gets right to it! Crumbles beautifully on grind and rolls without issue. Perfect wake and bake smoke. Good joint flower.

Big Fat Glue - Good sparkle with good trichome development mostly around leaf edges and at the base of the flower. Good Terp profile. Fruity on the grapefruit side with a few other fruity terps I can't put my finger on. Flower structure is good with small, indica like flowers. Smoke report? Fire. A little more of a creeper but when it hits it hits pretty hard. The GF even mentioned it to me without me asking. Good "just got home from work" smoke. You know. Just got home and want to unwind but the HoneyDo list is calling. Smoke this and you can do both!!

Florida Strawberry - Sparkly with above average trichome counts all over flower. I thought this would be the fruitiest out of the three but while it does have fruit terps it also has an almost kush gas that you can't miss. I'm guessing either Triangle or OG. Can't decide which. Good flower structure with dense indica like flowers. Smoke report? Creeper for sure. Takes a second to really come on but when it hits it's like one of the best indicas you've smoked. Not couch lock but you will be fucking STONED so don't plan on doing much other than watching TV or chilling with the fam.
Good report and that you can remember and provide this level of detail...is reassuring. Clearly you R outstanding in this field.

Great report - glad someone else enjoys the moonglow - people tend to pre judge because of the lack of bag appeal- .it’s my wake and bake work smoke - bout 1/2 - 3/4 of joint and your good for a bit

Last edited:
Great report - glad someone else enjoys the moonglow - people tend to pre judge because of the lack of bag appeal- .it’s my wake and bake work smoke - bout 1/2 - 3/4 of joint and your good for a bit
One thing I forgot to mention and maybe you may know but on the FS, when I was in around week 8 I noticed these weird little brown gooey balls at the base of some of the flowers. It wasn't like dark brown resin but it definitely felt like liquid. Almost like a precursor to resin. Did you experience this at all?

One thing I forgot to mention and maybe you may know but on the FS, when I was in around week 8 I noticed these weird little brown gooey balls at the base of some of the flowers. It wasn't like dark brown resin but it definitely felt like liquid. Almost like a precursor to resin. Did you experience this at all?
I really don’t remember I only grew thst out once - - it wasn’t bad - I think I pulled a little early? And just wasn’t my thing - the beauty of growin your own , keep ur favs and look for the next ! Lol - you guys have def convinced me to scrog when I fire back up !

Back
Top Bottom