Will a stunted plant affect the seeds?

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
I seeded a stunted skunk plant with a male of the same strain last season because I didn’t want to lose those genetics. They herm but are skunk.

The stupid plant stunted for some reason and I successfully seeded it. Will the stunted problem be passed on the the offspring?

I dont know enough about the topic to even give you an answer.

Id say yes itll have the trait.

But i dunno 100%

I seeded a stunted skunk plant with a male of the same strain last season because I didn’t want to lose those genetics. They herm but are skunk.

The stupid plant stunted for some reason and I successfully seeded it. Will the stunted problem be passed on the the offspring?
Why was it stunted?

If it was environmental or something you did (which would also be environmental) it will not be passed down. If it's genetic, it will be passed down.

Why was it stunted?

If it was environmental or something you did (which would also be environmental) it will not be passed down. If it's genetic, it will be passed down.
Oh good. Yeah it was in a 3 gallon pot and I can’t remember exactly what happened but I remember it was my fault. I forget stuff…

That’s good. I’m going to grow some out and see what happens.

@MysticEpipedon
I have been told that cloning one that is stunted, it will carry the same problems the Mother had as its an exact genetic copy. Seems seeds would carry the same deficits?
Yes, if it's genetic, it will be passed on. But he thinks he did something to it to stunt it. If it's environmental, like it was malnourished or suffered lockout or it revegged at some point or some pest messed with it, it probably won't be passed on.

If it's stunted for no fault of the grower, it's probably genetic and should be culled, unless he's looking for a dwarf variety, for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom