2x2 Mystery ScrOG

Rootsruler

Know it all
Reaction score
Now that I have another light to supplement the 5 x 5, I decided I would take the ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro that I was going to use for supplemental and put it back into my 2 x 2 tester. I'm not testing anything at the moment so I thought I'd have a little fun and do a mini ScrOG! When I trim down the mothers I like to stick the cuttings into a one gallon pot full of soil and see if any root. No rooting powder or clonex. Straight into the soil. Whoever survives gets to go to harvest!

Complete bro science but my feeling is whoever was able to survive those conditions should be pretty hardy when it comes to growing and flowering!!!
wink.png

7 gal cloth pot with some Roots Organic Original soil. I have 3 cultivars in the momma tent so I'm not sure what survived and what didn't but the cultivars I have as mothers are Florida Strawberry, Big Fat Glue and Moon Glow. I guess once it starts to flower we'll know which cultivar it was!

Temp - 77°
Humidity - 65%
DLI - 26
Leaf Temp - 74°
VPD - 1.11 kPa

Flip starts today aaaaaaaand........GO!!!

12292023 netted.jpg

Haven’t rooted any clones. So I have absolutely no advice to give. Only encouragement. Like the ol saying goes Only the strong survive. I’ll be watching. Maybe through a window. A crack in the closet door. From under the bed. Or maybe I’ll just watch from here. I’m rooting for ya.

Now that I have another light to supplement the 5 x 5, I decided I would take the ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro that I was going to use for supplemental and put it back into my 2 x 2 tester. I'm not testing anything at the moment so I thought I'd have a little fun and do a mini ScrOG! When I trim down the mothers I like to stick the cuttings into a one gallon pot full of soil and see if any root. No rooting powder or clonex. Straight into the soil. Whoever survives gets to go to harvest!

Complete bro science but my feeling is whoever was able to survive those conditions should be pretty hardy when it comes to growing and flowering!!!
wink.png

7 gal cloth pot with some Roots Organic Original soil. I have 3 cultivars in the momma tent so I'm not sure what survived and what didn't but the cultivars I have as mothers are Florida Strawberry, Big Fat Glue and Moon Glow. I guess once it starts to flower we'll know which cultivar it was!

Temp - 77°
Humidity - 65%
DLI - 26
Leaf Temp - 74°
VPD - 1.11 kPa

View attachment 35969
Hard to tell but I’m going with moonglow ? Just cuz she’s a MG hog and there’s a little stem purpling - so moonglow is my best guess , mmmmm got some outdoor moon glow gonna go twist one up

U still got a moon glow mom ? I lost mine, she’s an east coast sour Diesel plant from the 90’s x rare dankness moonshine , could not pry the ecsd from the guys garden yet but that moonglow is close imo .

May have to hit ya up for a cut ? I can send ya some new stuff in return ?

Hard to tell but I’m going with moonglow ? Just cuz she’s a MG hog and there’s a little stem purpling - so moonglow is my best guess , mmmmm got some outdoor moon glow gonna go twist one up

U still got a moon glow mom ? I lost mine, she’s an east coast sour Diesel plant from the 90’s x rare dankness moonshine , could not pry the ecsd from the guys garden yet but that moonglow is close imo .

May have to hit ya up for a cut ? I can send ya some new stuff in return ?
Don't you dare. I already got more than I deserve.

Yes. I still have it as a mother so let me know if you want a cut or three. I'll probably flower the mother but before I do I'll take some cuts and send you some.

On second thought.....Whatcha' Got?!?!! 😄

Don't you dare. I already got more than I deserve.

Yes. I still have it as a mother so let me know if you want a cut or three. I'll probably flower the mother but before I do I'll take some cuts and send you some.

On second thought.....Whatcha' Got?!?!! 😄
A little of this and a little of that - I’m sure I can find ya something fire - so ya next time ya clone keep me in mind please ? We will make it worth ur time

01/02/2023

Temp - 75°
Humidity - 67%
DLI - 26
Leaf Temp - 73°
VPD - 0.82 kPa

I may need to setup my little heater in the 2 x 2 to keep it warmer. I'd like the tent to run at minimum 77°. The misfits have been really enjoying the extra photons now that they're out of the momma tent. I really need to get a proper light for the momma tent. Running a CFL just isn't enough light for them. Flipped them on the 29th so it's been 5 days. Hoping to see pre pistil in the next couple weeks.

01022023.jpg

01/08/2023

Temp - 77°
Humidity - 64%
DLI - 33
Leaf Temp - 76°
VPD - 1.04 kPa

Trimmed off some of the water leaves and gave her a feed. Canopy should start to fill with leaves but I'm also seeing the start of pre pistil. I upped the CALi MAGic to full strength. Still feeding Bloom base and Cal/Mag only. Next feed I'm going to do a half Grow half Bloom feed to boost a little nitrogen into the soil so that the plants have enough nitrogen that the leaves stay healthy up into week 6 -7. It'll also give the plants a Phosphorous boost which is what they need more of at this stage of growth.

01082023.jpg

that filled in quick!!
I'm telling ya Bro! I should have titled the thread "Cage Death Match". If you can survive being stuck in the dirt raw...... I imagine they're probably pretty hardy! So far it seems like it because every time I look in the tent it looks like a bomb went off. What's a little concerning is I get this feeling like it's winding up its energy getting ready to explode. I hope it doesn't get too tall. Not much room in that little 2 x 2.

01/17/2024

Temp - 81°
Humidity - 48%
DLI - 38
Leaf Temp - 71°
Leaf VPD - 1.02 kPa
Room VPD - 1.70

Canopy is filling out again so I'm going to need to do some pruning. Bud sites are coming on fast.

View attachment 39669
This is under the xs1500 pro yeah?
That fookin light makes everything look yellow, i have the same light, its a real beast but damn the yellow color it makes plants look in photos makes me cringe 😬😬

Looking good tho, i still gotta do my 2x2 scrog

That fookin light makes everything look yellow, i have the same light, its a real beast but damn the yellow color it makes plants look in photos makes me cringe 😬😬

Yep! I really like this little light. I think it's a perfect 2 x 2 light other than the step dimmer.

ScrOG in a 2 x 2. It can be done!! 😄

Yea the phones processing doesn't like

01/20/2024

Temp - 79°
Humidity - 54%
DLI - 40
Leaf Temp - 73°
Leaf VPD - 0.91 kPa
Room VPD - 1.52

Pruned for better light and air penetration/circulation. Pot was starting to get light so I gave them a gallon of 900ppm feed.

Starting to see two distinct types of flower and leaves. Towards the front curving around the pot halfway is one cultivar. It looks like Bigfoot Glue. It has indica like leaves and pure white pistils. The center back portion is the other cultivar. Judging from its sativa-ish leaf shape I think it's Moonglow which is very close to Sour D. If you zoom in you can see the pistils on the BFG are pure white while the MG flower pistils have dark and white pistils.

I don't like such a wide differential of air temp to leaf temp. We've been in a cold snap lately so I have a feeling the floor is cold and cooling the root zone which is cooling the leaves. If I lift the pot off the floor the leaf and root temps should rise and narrow the differential.

01202024.jpg

01/23/2024

Temp - 79°
Humidity - 55%
DLI - 46
Leaf Temp - 75°
Leaf VPD - 1.10 kPa
Room VPD - 1.52 kPa

DAMMIT! The moment I defoliate the plant it just sticks its tongue out at me and grows more. Looks like I need to put a call into my buddy Edward Scissorhands to put a scare into these plants!

I'll let it fill in a little more before Ed shows up!

01232024.jpg

01/30/2024

Temp - 76.4°
Humidity - 51%
DLI - 46
Leaf Temp - 74°
Leaf VPD - 1.25 kPa
Room VPD - 1.55 kPa

Let them grow out the leaves but it's getting pretty crowded in their. I may do another trim to clear out some of the leaves that are blocking air flow and light. Not sure yet.

One of the cultivars is showing some leaf discoloration similar to when leaves start to go into leaf senescence. I think there are 2 plants of that cultivar and the other is showing leaf yellowing. I started full strength Cal/Mag a little too late so I think I may bump it up for a feed or two to full strength plus a 1/4. Did a full strength feed and the leaves all came back from being droopy but they'll stay yellow. I may cut them off in the trim if I do it.

01302024.jpg

02/17/2024

Temp - 77°
Humidity - 55%
DLI - 46
Leaf Temp - 74°
Leaf VPD - 1.12 kPa
Air VPD - 1.43 kPa

Not much to report. Just watering and monitoring.

I've determined that, yes, I was able to get all 3 cultivars in the pot. Bigfoot Glue, Florida Strawberry and MoonGlow.

The BFG is bottom left of the pic. FS is bottom right and MoonGlow is the rest.

02172024.jpg

03/14/2024

Temp - 80°
Humidity - 52%
DLI - 39
Leaf Temp - 77°
Leaf VPD - 1.22 kPa
Air VPD - 1.55 kPa

It's been around 3 weeks since I posted an update. Mostly because I forgot about the plants and missed a few feedings. I guess I was starving them because when I peaked into the tent they had sucked the food out of the leaves that I wasn't giving them. I removed the dead leaves, did a deep watering with some fresh nutrient and reduced the light to give the plants a chance to get back into their rhythm.

They started to come back a few days ago so hopefully I didn't stunt them too badly.

03142024.jpg

wink.png

Temp - 77°
Humidity - 65%
DLI - 26
Leaf Temp - 74°
VPD - 1.11 kPa

View attachment 35969
kPa is atmosphere pressure @ sealevel, I am 10ft. above where my "cottage" is. I am enjoying the new Controller 69 in my new 3x3, now I have a 4 tent or "Micro-climate"in my Lung room.

03/14/2024

Temp - 80°
Humidity - 52%
DLI - 39
Leaf Temp - 77°
Leaf VPD - 1.22 kPa
Air VPD - 1.55 kPa

It's been around 3 weeks since I posted an update. Mostly because I forgot about the plants and missed a few feedings. I guess I was starving them because when I peaked into the tent they had sucked the food out of the leaves that I wasn't giving them. I removed the dead leaves, did a deep watering with some fresh nutrient and reduced the light to give the plants a chance to get back into their rhythm.

They started to come back a few days ago so hopefully I didn't stunt them too badly.

View attachment 49695
Help me learn to alter the kPa to keep my grow optimal in that area?I know more is needed for an optimal harvest but if my tents are in range of 0,70 1.0 to a high of 1.6 it's there pretty much, up fan speed or down to help? Roots talk to me! SS

Your kPa is dependent on the environmental conditions in your tent. Temp and humidity. Raise or lower either one and you change your air kPa. Leaf temp also has a part so those three things will change your kPa.

You can manipulate the kPa by changing any of the 3. Download the VPD charts from Dimlux and they should be able to guide you. These charts are starting points. Plant reaction will tell you how far out of those starting points you can go.

Back
Top Bottom