Tell me about your indoor tent setup

My RO wastes 4 gallons for every 1 gallon cleaned. That surprised me for sure.

I believe we have the same system, the Aquatic Life on Amazon?

Here's the simple and inexpensive part you need that will make it a 1:1 waste ratio

Apologies for not remembering the exact name of this part but the restrictor will go in the waste line Y assembly.
One line has a shut off valve and the other does not. The restrictor goes in the line without the shutoff valve. And you must make sure you install the restrictor with the arrow in the direction of flow

fr.jpg

The only downside is that it will slow your filter down so that 100gpd goes down to around 40gpd

Yeah but who needs to hang 300 lbs of gear in a grow tent lol.

Im cool with the aci tents, i got my 4x4 on sale at 149. The same size GGT is 379.99 before taxes.. just cant see where the big difference is man.
Keeps its frame over time, more durable.

My cheap ass setup for meow

All that wasted space.

Attachments

• 16965388275437950932182928733299.jpg
    16965388275437950932182928733299.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 16965388410476985330084423624891.jpg
    16965388410476985330084423624891.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 16965388755993743387966013620378.jpg
    16965388755993743387966013620378.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • 16965389259977198952284203129474.jpg
    16965389259977198952284203129474.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
I like our box fan setups šŸ¤£

You and I are the only one's I've seen doing that. I actually aimed mine up though.
Right, don't have the equipment to properly exhaust and intake fresh air nor a window for that, and it just blows the heat back down so keeps my leaf surface temps 77-80+ as preferred/optimal

And it's airflow on the colas so I don't worry about mold either really at 65-78%rh flower

Right, don't have the equipment to properly exhaust and intake fresh air nor a window for that, and it just blows the heat back down so keeps my leaf surface temps 77-80+ as preferred/optimal

And it's airflow on the colas so I don't worry about mold either really at 65-78%rh flower
I felt like I was getting a some wind burn. Couldn't turn it down enough. It feels good when the leaf temp matches the tent temp though. Offset? What's that? šŸ¤£

I felt like I was getting a some wind burn. Couldn't turn it down enough. It feels good when the leaf temp matches the tent temp though. Offset? What's that? šŸ¤£
on high 24/7 on mine

maybe get some wind leaf defects in my 2x4 right next to the tower fan but not so much in the 5x5

Obviously you are in a mood to try and create conflict. I do not need any of that today.
Conflict? I don't do conflict, I click the ignore button. I thinks you are taking it wrong and nit picking my words. I did say height but I meant out grow regardless of up down sideways. Gees man smoke a few 1 won't do it.

I like our box fan setups šŸ¤£

You and I are the only one's I've seen doing that. I actually aimed mine up though.
I used to have one set just like @Observer until i got mildew and just tossed it.

Now i use stand up fans and cut the stands off, i stole that idea from Mikedin at that other place.

If you want Zero ppm you need chemicals in the unit I bought to get from 8 ppm to zero. 3 filters, plus a pre- filter and insert filters in the tubes, the more tubes the more filters.

mine was something like this one
View attachment 24083
Why the need for zero? My water here is 600ppm depending on time of year so my ro gets it to 9 and it still works as RO. And my filter is over a year old. It was 0 when it was new according to my inkbird ppm. I've left it on overnight a few times as well.

My impression is the carbon filters are for taste so the plant really doesn't need that aspect of the RO so I just use mine until it won't work but it's still going. I think mine is 3 to 1.

Last edited:
Yes the large fans move more air, Heat is a byproduct of the air movement. I just use temperature controls to deal with the added heat
I'd imagine the motor contributes as well like in the res.

Why the need for zero? My water here is 600ppm depending on time of year so my ro gets it to 9 and it still works as RO. And my filter is over a year old. It was 0 when it was new according to my inkbird ppm. I've left it on overnight a few times as well.

My impression is the carbon filters are for taste so the plant really doesn't need that aspect of the RO so I just use mine until it won't work but it's still going. I think mine is 3 to 1.
Unless you're water source is FUCKED, like whatever chemicals the municipality is adding, or if it's really hard water.

0ppm water may be more trouble than it's worth.

I'd only use 0ppm water if I'm treating it, buffering it, and have a specific nutrient profile for hydroponics/drip, using it for clones and seeds.

But for soil, don't see the harm in tap.

To each their own

Unless you're water source is FUCKED, like whatever chemicals the municipality is adding, or if it's really hard water.

0ppm water may be more trouble than it's worth.

I'd only use 0ppm water if I'm treating it, buffering it, and have a specific nutrient profile for hydroponics/drip, using it for clones and seeds.

But for soil, don't see the harm in tap.

To each their own
I buffer my RO with a ph buffer. Otherwise it won't hold ph very well.

My ppms are to high if I start with 600 water. It's why I had to get a ro filter.

I buffer my RO with a ph buffer. Otherwise it won't hold ph very well.

My ppms are to high if I start with 600 water. It's why I had to get a ro filter.
yup.

gotta add the akaline and acidic bases

my tap is 120 or so ppm, id like it better if it was 30 or so, easier to dial in nutrients.

yup.

gotta add the akaline and acidic bases

my tap is 120 or so ppm, id like it better if it was 30 or so, easier to dial in nutrients.
I think after I buffer it, it's around 125 to 130.

I only use RO water for my humidifiers. I've bought purified water at 8ppm and after a while my dehues turned green inside and vinegar & or CLR wouldn't clean the green off so I found a store that sells zero PPM water. After talking about buying water it was suggested I go for my own RO system. After looking around on Amzon I chose one and when I received it I read the manual. In order to get to Zero from 8ppm it required a chemical drip cartridge a pre filter & 3 replaceable filters with 3 to 1 waste water...............Fk that I can buy 16 gal zero ppm water for $6.50

I only use RO water for my humidifiers. I've bought purified water at 8ppm and after a while my dehues turned green inside and vinegar & or CLR wouldn't clean the green off so I found a store that sells zero PPM water. After talking about buying water it was suggested I go for my own RO system. After looking around on Amzon I chose one and when I received it I read the manual. In order to get to Zero from 8ppm it required a chemical drip cartridge a pre filter & 3 replaceable filters with 3 to 1 waste water...............Fk that I can buy 16 gal zero ppm water for $6.50
Your RO system sounds very unusual and would be one to maybe post and link as a buyer beware warning to others not to buy.

Mine have always been basic 3 stage with sediment, KDF carbon, and the RO membrane.
Optional accessories are things like a deionization filter and maybe a prefilter mesh screen that almost looks like a fuel filter between the spigot and filter system since my home is old with old pipes.
The other accessory I added was the flow restrictor to make it a 1:1 waste ratio instead of it's 4:1 out of the box.
A built in feature that's a must have IMO is a pressure gauge because it must be at or above 40psi to work properly. If not then it needs a booster pump.

With my system, 180ppm goes in from the tap which is loaded with nitrates, flouride, chlorine, and chloramines. It comes out 0ppm every time and I know everything else is cleaned out because my RO water doesn't kill microbial life unlike it does when drawn unfiltered from the tap.
But I've never had anything like a chemical drip add on and in fact I've never seen or heard of that until now.

Your RO system sounds very unusual and would be one to maybe post and link as a buyer beware warning to others not to buy.

Mine have always been basic 3 stage with sediment, KDF carbon, and the RO membrane.
Optional accessories are things like a deionization filter and maybe a prefilter mesh screen that almost looks like a fuel filter between the spigot and filter system since my home is old with old pipes.
The other accessory I added was the flow restrictor to make it a 1:1 waste ratio instead of it's 4:1 out of the box.
A built in feature that's a must have IMO is a pressure gauge because it must be at or above 40psi to work properly. If not then it needs a booster pump.

With my system, 180ppm goes in from the tap which is loaded with nitrates, flouride, chlorine, and chloramines. It comes out 0ppm every time and I know everything else is cleaned out because my RO water doesn't kill microbial life unlike it does when drawn unfiltered from the tap.
But I've never had anything like a chemical drip add on and in fact I've never seen or heard of that until now.
Well that's why it went back, The chemical drip was strictly to get it from 8 - zero. My water is great for growing 122ppm well water so I only need RO through the winter in my humidifiers. I ordered it with a full expectation of using it but as I said after reading the manual It went back

I've never heard of any chemical injection in an RO system. The only thing I can think of is if there is some sort of pathogen that is harmful to humans in your specific water and they're suggesting you clear it with chemicals but I would think a UV disinfector should kill prettty much ANY pathogens in the water.....weird.

I've never heard of any chemical injection in an RO system. The only thing I can think of is if there is some sort of pathogen that is harmful to humans in your specific water and they're suggesting you clear it with chemicals but I would think a UV disinfector should kill prettty much ANY pathogens in the water.....weird.

Its not about my water it was part of the system. I know Knot I ordered I read I sent back and I had assumed they were all like that.

Walmart Clarence, seems good shape, works, unlike the other LASKO one I got, gotta return that
Haha! I found one of their Walmart/Mainstays brand 6" fans in the same place for $9 but it's nowhere near as good a build quality as the Honeywells. Bought it as an exhaust fan for one of the 2x2's. We'll see how long it lasts.

Okay you had me bugged thinking I'd misread or something but I found it. It was an RO/DI system with a deionization cartage and it claims its the only way to get to zero from 7-8 ppm
1696632110947.png

Deionization usually means removing minerals. I'm confused as your filters are supposed to be doing that.

Haha! I found one of their Walmart/Mainstays brand 6" fans in the same place for $9 but it's nowhere near as good a build quality as the Honeywells. Bought it as an exhaust fan for one of the 2x2's. We'll see how long it lasts.
Yea true, got one of those smaller ones too like you're saying probably, works good enough to exhaust some heat out though in the smaller tents

Attachments

• 16966331749682252241427119100040.jpg
    16966331749682252241427119100040.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Yea true, got one of those smaller ones too like you're saying probably, works good enough to exhaust some heat out though in the smaller tents
Exactly. As much as I like the ACI controller and fan I'm not sure it needs that kind of control in such a small tent.

I just full send it for veg

High heat high rh

Airflow for mold-prevention

Till I can actually dial shit in in a controlled environment/climate controlled room

60-70s
R
h 80s F

Back
Top Bottom