About to make Bubble Hash for the first time.

DoobieGrows

Stoned Scientist
Reaction score
I have about a pound of trim in the freezer and I am going to make some bubble for the first time.
I have a basic idea about what to do. But there are a few things that I am uncertain about.
I will be hand stirring this hash.

So I fill up a 5 gallon bucket with all the bags in correct order. Then I fill up the bucket with ice and water. Not really sure what ratio ice/water? Let it sit for 30 minutes with the ice and trim and water. Then stir for unknown amount of time? 😂
If you have experience on this subject your input is greatly appreciated 👍

I intend on pressing the bubble into hash rosin. I did think about dry sift. If I was to buy only 2 screens what 2 microns are most important?

I bought the bags. I think I got them on Amazon.
That's what have 5 bag set I got on Amazon. I was looking at those lil washing machines. But after reading your post about the washer pulling too much chlorophyll into your hash making it green and not so good. I am kinda scared to get the washer. I don't mind a lil hard work..

I intend on pressing the bubble into hash rosin. I did think about dry sift. If I was to buy only 2 screens what 2 microns are most important?
Too be honest it has been so long, I don’t recall. I gave all of my hash making stuff away.

Some said we were running it too long, but it really didn’t matter, the washer beat it up pretty bad. We tried different times, different amounts of ice vs water. It was just green! A lot of it but green and horribly harsh even after months of curing.

Gentle is the key to good bubble if you ask me I’ve tried with a paint mixer - it works but for not for me , best way I found was with a wood spoon and lots of slowish hand stirring but I’m no expert, far from it

I prefer dry sifted over bubble,
One of my buddies makes bubble all the time. He says it is easies in the winter when he uses snow~!
I have neve made it.
IMO dry sifting is faser and easier but that is only from what they tell me about making it.
As for finished product they don't compare IMO.
My buddy gives his bubble away, but have not yet had anyone give away dry sifted.
I got calls every week for over a month after giving a buddy some dry sift.
He took one hit, gave me a high five and said it had been years since he tasted such love.
I use these screens;

One of my buddies makes bubble all the time. He says it is easies in the winter when he uses snow~!
I have neve made it.
IMO dry sifting is faser and easier but that is only from what they tell me about making it.
My buddy gives his bubble away, but have not yet had anyone give away dry sifted.
He took one hit, gave me a high five and said it had been years since he tasted such love.
I use these screens;
Haven’t used my bags in at least 2 yrs ! Lol

Some said we were running it too long, but it really didn’t matter, the washer beat it up pretty bad. We tried different times, different amounts of ice vs water. It was just green! A lot of it but green and horribly harsh even after months of curing.
That sucks. Well I can take that lil washing machine out of my Amazon cart 😂

I have neve made it.
I use these screens;

I have a set of screens almost exactly like that. I also have a Tumble Now machine but for artisan grade quality I use the screens.
The kief I used in my Thai Stick was done off the 150 micron screen.
I don't push anything thru the bottom screen so I've lined it with parchment paper to be my collection box then I just use my brush or old cc to collect it.
I've tried to make bubble hash in the past, both manual and with a washer, but it gave me fits. Some can do it very well, like Frenchy Cannoli was a master craftsman at it, but all I ever got was green hash that could not melt well at all so I made it into pucks with a puck press. At that point I'm not even sure it was a concentrate since sometimes the flower was still way more potent than the hash pucks made from the flower

I have neve made it.
I use these screens;
I bought the exact same screens but soon realized i needed to purchase a tumbler. Favorite way to smoke 20210803_182027.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom