Barney's Farm "Glookies" under 2 Gavita's........

SSHZ

Weed Growing Machine
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to do my 3rd straight Barney's strain, pretty happy with them so far. Past completed strains includes Runtz x Layer Cake and Mimosa x Orange Punch, both were nice strains. After reading many reviews in various places, I expect this to be the best of the 3 AND the heaviest yielder. I'm still thinking about any changes to the grow I may make this time, including finding a happy middle regarding my defoliation process. Below is Barney's Farm comments on the strain, but go to Growdiaries.com, seedfinder.eu or Youtube for a lot more info.

Glookies Strain by Barneys Farm

If Marvel Studios created an Avengers cannabis strain this would be it! Glookies. Witness the power from this Indica dominant superhero of a strain, created by the careful fusion of two eclectic cannabis superstars. Gorilla Glue and The Original Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies need no introduction. Another incredible new addition to our Cali Collection arrives. A super stoney effect will be experienced along with motivational energies that will transform your day, filling it with drive. The taste of Glookies must be experienced to be believed. Imagine hints of Sour Diesel, Key Lime and Walnuts colliding to create one of the most exotic bouquets created in the cannabis world. Expect extensive side branching and phenomenal yields from Glookies huge 25% THC laden buds. Indoor yields of 800g/m2 are achievable with outdoor weighing in at 2000-3000g per plant in ideal growing conditions.

Last edited:
A.G. worth considering down the road for me.......can you show me a pic please? Funny story- 36 years ago my girlfriend (now wife) was pregnant and we rented a villa for a week in Mexico with servants, cook, etc. One night out in town I asked the cab driver about getting some weed. lol Next day he pulls up in the driveway, with a guy sitting in the back on the cab. I'm in the pool, they come and get me, telling me someone's here for me. I get in the cab, a guy has a monster top cola wrapped in newspaper. I give him a hundred, the cab driver $20. It was A.G., a bit dry but golden and resiny. it did the trick for the rest of the trip. I left whatever was left over for the house workers..............

This new strain 25 for 25 sprouted in 36 hours, paper towel method. i did my dirt work this morning, and cleaned pots and the reservoir. Making water now, will sink the seeds in their pots around dinner time.

A.G. worth considering down the road for me.......can you show me a pic please?
I'll find some pics. My grow diary is on that other forum, so I'll have to find some on our file server. This strain isn't the original. It has been bred to be like the original. I think it is, but it's a hybrid. There was an argument about a five-pages long about it in another person's grow diary.

I had a problem with my first grow. Shortly after the flip, there was severe leaf fade. I was worried about it, so GNick55 helped me get through to harvest. I'm sure it was due to nutrient deficiencies. That said, though, we had a good yield per plant and the weed is great.

I had a similar experience in Guadalajara, Mexico. Some friends and I were walking along a street when some young men bumped into us. They sized us up and offered to sell us some weed. I didn't know the going rate, so I just pulled out a twenty. That bought me about an ounce and made the trip so much better.

A lot of straight sativa’s yellow up very quickly in indoor flowering. Irie’s Golden Goat is similar, and it’s really about giving them a solid Nitrogen shot at the flip. That plant looks great by the way at that point.............

A lot of straight sativa’s yellow up very quickly in indoor flowering. Irie’s Golden Goat is similar, and it’s really about giving them a solid Nitrogen shot at the flip. That plant looks great by the way at that point.............
The plant in the picture was just beginning to fade. It quickly got much worse, and I probably fretted about it more than I should have. It ended well, though, and that's what matters. I'm growing more sativa now, and have learned that they're not as dark green as indica. That's one of the distinguishing differences.

i've decided to be a little more aggressive with the LED height........I usually leave them at 36 inches for a couple of weeks, this time I'll drop them to 32 inches today at day 9. I notice in other Glookies grows these tend to start slow and i want to help that along.

Interesting......and Barney's claims it's a monster yielder. How long did you veg for? How many plants did you grow?

Ive read numerous grow diaries on growdiaries.com with people getting 4 oz per plant.

Well, i just read some more and saw a guy grow 4 plants and got 5 1/2 oz...........i think it needs a really long veg period to get the weight. I may just pull these and start something else quickly. i need to read some more..........

Last edited:
Ok, so i've read 6-7 diaries on the strain......plus some Euro diaries on Overgrow and such. I think the key to getting a big yield with these is going at least 7-8 weeks in veg. I've probably never gone more than 5-6 weeks but i'm not in a rush since i got such a great yield out of the Mimosa. So 9 days into this already, i'll let them be and just plan on a long veg.

The smoke reviews i've read on this one are outrageously good and i've seen some incredible finished pics on the buds too.

Ok, so i've read 6-7 diaries on the strain......plus some Euro diaries on Overgrow and such. I think the key to getting a big yield with these is going at least 7-8 weeks in veg. I've probably never gone more than 5-6 weeks but i'm not in a rush since i got such a great yield out of the Mimosa. So 9 days into this already, i'll let them be and just plan on a long veg.

The smoke reviews i've read on this one are outrageously good and i've seen some incredible finished pics on the buds too.
Yea it was interesting bud too. I would have kept prolly. I think I only vegged a month in coco.

Gotcha........with everything i've read, the people who went long in veg got great yields. People who only went 4-5 weeks, were less happy. Everyone was very pleased with the quality of the final product. Since i'm 10 days in already, i can easily live with another 40 days or so........and, it actually will take me past the HOT and humid weather here and into the early fall where my product usually turns out better as the room will be cooler the last month.

. I think the key to getting a big yield with these is going at least 7-8 weeks in veg.
When do you consider day one of veg?

I consider day one is the day the clone was cut or the day the seed split and showed white

Clones take on the mothers age, i.e. if the mother was 2 months when taken, the clone is already 2 months old when planted. But, it needs a developed root system so it still needs time to grow and get bigger.

I start my veg count with seeds when it pops out of the soil, not when the seed splits open. We are probably talking a 5 day difference approx.

I like to do a grow/bloom blend at flip for the first week or so then eliminate the grow.

Nothing wrong with that. My thinking is there's no buds forming the first 2 weeks or so, so the plants don't really need the bloom nutes. But they are growing and stretching, thus why continued high nitrogen is more important. With those sativas we were talking about, they yellow early because of the lack of N, so why not dose them up to help keep them green.

Irie Seeds Rasta Jeff talks about this very issue in his Golden Goat podcast, as many people were complaining about the early yellowing. And once yellowed, there's no bringing them back to green (a healthy state). Basically, he stated they are under fed nitrogen and heavy dose them early on to get past that.

Nothing wrong with that. My thinking is there's no buds forming the first 2 weeks or so, so the plants don't really need the bloom nutes. But they are growing and stretching, thus why continued high nitrogen is more important. With those sativas we were talking about, they yellow early because of the lack of N, so why not dose them up to help keep them green.

Irie Seeds Rasta Jeff talks about this very issue in his Golden Goat podcast, as many people were complaining about the early yellowing. And once yellowed, there's no bringing them back to green (a healthy state). Basically, he stated they are under fed nitrogen and heavy dose them early on to get past that.
I've grown lots of sativas and the one thing I've noticed is they seem to like a lot of magnesium after week 2 of flip. Nitrogen for sure that first week or two but my limited experience has shown me that higher phosphorous on flip has helped pistil formation happen faster at least in the anectdotal observations that I've made.

Gotcha........with everything i've read, the people who went long in veg got great yields. People who only went 4-5 weeks, were less happy. Everyone was very pleased with the quality of the final product. Since i'm 10 days in already, i can easily live with another 40 days or so........and, it actually will take me past the HOT and humid weather here and into the early fall where my product usually turns out better as the room will be cooler the last month.
But they aren’t you though bud.you have your nutes and room dialed so they should grow like your prevous ones.I’ll put my money on it that they will b flipped end of week 5..you will know it a couple weeks 😉

Interesting.........let’s just say I’ll determine when to flower by plant size, not by how many weeks they are in veg. It’s one of the reasons why I lowered the LED’s early, to push them a bit. At least I know they have to be on the larger side to produce well, and I’ve seen some pic’s of vegged plants in weeks 7-8, so I know what to look for. I’ll probably top these in week 4, since so many people say they throw off a lot of side branches. I like some challenges in my grows, so they are not monotonous, so I’m a bit excited with this one.

Yeah that’s what I meant 😃 they are usually that size and with the amount of branches you want at end of week 4-5..I do what you mentioned in one of your grow…once I have 10 nodes 20-21 branches I flip.theni will take off the bottom 2 nodes if they are small and not up with the other branches to produce.

One thing, there's no set rules........... sometimes i remove a lot more, other times less. The last grow was interesting because i did not fill the pots to the top with the Promix, i ran out. So there were numerous branches below the top of the pot. They all went bye bye plus some above the pot, mainly other under developed ones. But a lot more than a couple branches. This grow i bought #3 chunky perlite, and filled the pots to the very top. There will be no branches below the top of the pot line this crop.

Defoliation remains my big unknown this time, but plenty of time to figure it out.

These are growing very slowly, Monday is 2 weeks into flowering. I can see how these will take longer, by the looks of things. No panic, just have to let them do their thing. They are very healthy, just slow as shit initially.

The only times I’ve seen slow growth it can b genetics,but mostly old seeds ,slow to germinate then grow slow.yours shot quick so the seeds aren’t old .hopefully they get going soon .usually I see plants take off around day 15..

I've seen it before, usually happens with some indicas i've grown. Since this is 70% indica, and with everything i've read, i'm not worried. They all sprouted within 2 days and popped out of the soil quickly- it's 100% the genetics. 7 week veg, here we come........

I made the executive decision tonight to start the Ethos Zsweet Inzanity and trash this grow........even with 2 weeks wasted with these, I’ll still come in faster with the Zsweet, since I will only have to veg 4-5 instead of 7-8 with the Glookies. Basically 2 weeks in sinc they’ve popped thru the soil and they are 1 1/2 inches high. It’s ridiculous and I’ve lost patience with them. I’ll start the Zsweet in paper towels in the morning, and go on from there............this thread is now dead.

Gee that bad.well I don’t blame ya..

Back
Top Bottom