Cheap Bar Lights

No experience with the light but on paper it looks good.

42 x 45 inch spread is nearly wall to wall in a 4x4 and real nice in a 5x5. 760 watts...nice. Osram and Samsung diodes. Didn't see if the driver was detachable or not. Reviews say heat output is low, which could be a lie but probably pretty accurate I'd say. My biggest question would be are the Samsung diodes real or knock off...then I'd ask if that even matters maybe the knock offs kick ass right? I also worry about the power cables and if they are good or known to melt

No experience with the light but on paper it looks good.

42 x 45 inch spread is nearly wall to wall in a 4x4 and real nice in a 5x5. 760 watts...nice. Osram and Samsung diodes. Didn't see if the driver was detachable or not. Reviews say heat output is low, which could be a lie but probably pretty accurate I'd say. My biggest question would be are the Samsung diodes real or knock off...then I'd ask if that even matters maybe the knock offs kick ass right? I also worry about the power cables and if they are good or known to melt
Same questions I have. Reviews aren't bad either but they're only so trustworthy. The power supply is built in so that is one negative but for $379 I can live with it!!🙂

Reactions: MDK
Man you are sure all over the place with products. A couple months ago it was Gavita 1700e. Now a cheap Amazon light?
If you just look around you can get good quality used LEDs for around 300 each
I've been looking but most are pick up only. I'm not close to any of them and they won't ship and I'm not sure I can trust anyone to ship me a light sight unseen even if they would. If you have a spare, good working order Gavita 1700e that you'll ship me at a good price I'm all ears!!😀

The spectrum and PPFD graphs look good but, yes, it is an unknown brand. Do I chance it and see if it does what it does or stay with a brand that has a reputation but is also double the cost?

I've been looking but most are pick up only. I'm not close to any of them and they won't ship and I'm not sure I can trust anyone to ship me a light sight unseen even if they would. If you have a spare, good working order Gavita 1700e that you'll ship me at a good price I'm all ears!!😀

The spectrum and PPFD graphs look good but, yes, it is an unknown brand. Do I chance it and see if it does what it does or stay with a brand that has a reputation but is also double the cost?
Dude 30 day return, try it before you commit. Buy a month of prime if you aren't a member and let Jeff bezos ship you lights back and forth til you find your light

Kind of bothersome but a good way to save from getting burned 🤷‍♂️

Dude 30 day return, try it before you commit. Buy a month of prime if you aren't a member and let Jeff bezos ship you lights back and forth til you find your light

Kind of bothersome but a good way to save from getting burned 🤷‍♂️
@Anthem275 is talking about buying used from places like Facebook. I already have prime and that's not a bad idea.

When I was in Cali most people were giving away HID hoods and good, used gear was everywhere. Hell, I bought three 3 ton mini splits, ten 4 x 8 flood tables, a 100 gal reservoir tank, a 12" Can Max inline fan, a 10" and 8" no name inline fans for $1,000. The mini splits and fans are still going and that was over 3 years ago.

Where I'm at now there ain't a hydro shop for miles. Hopefully that changes now that a couple dispensaries popped up in town.

The early 1700e were not folding. So I do not think they can be shipped. If you want something send me a PM

right now you get prime holiday returns... up till jan 31st! thats a long time to test a light.
Even if I flipped the girls tomorrow and had that light I would still need a few more weeks to get to harvest. Not sure they're going to want to take back a smelly light!!! 😄

It smelled like that when you got it...wait what smell you talking about there amazon customer service the smell of melting wires? yeah I smelled it too...gimme mah money

It smelled like that when you got it...wait what smell you talking about there amazon customer service the smell of melting wires? yeah I smelled it too...gimme mah money
They're gonna say "From the smell, looks like you already got your green!!!":D

That thing is screaming buyer beware!
Black Friday deals are all over the web right now. CLW is 30% off for example.
There's also high quality used lights for sale on Ebay. Tons of Gavita in that price range as well as some CLW, Fluence, and Philzon.
Lots of Viper, Spider, & Mars too.
Personally I'd buy used quality I know has done well for other growers before I'd venture into something new, unproven, and obviously counterfeit.

That thing is screaming buyer beware!
Black Friday deals are all over the web right now. CLW is 30% off for example.
There's also high quality used lights for sale on Ebay. Tons of Gavita in that price range as well as some CLW, Fluence, and Philzon.
Lots of Viper, Spider, & Mars too.
Personally I'd buy used quality I know has done well for other growers before I'd venture into something new, unproven, and obviously counterfeit.
Yeah! @Anthem275 clued me into Ebay.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom