CannaGranny

Scrog Queen Talks Dirt
Staff member
Bud Builders Approved Seed Vendor
Reaction score
Have any cool canna recipes? Share them up! Please! šŸ„°
Iā€™m starting this thread off with a super easy candy recipe. We call it crack and pain candy. There is no way to scientifically calculate dosage etc per piece because of the way it is made. Well, Iā€™m assuming if one used silicone molds, it could actually be done, just never was that important to me.
I tend to use deep amber trichs as a starting point in my plant as the starting base, and just plan to go to sleep! I have always used it for pain.
Things needed:
Half pint jars with lids
Slow cooker
Canna butter
Eight pieces of your favorite Jolly Ranchers
Lecithin (I use organic sunflower lecithin)
Powdered sugar
Parchment Paper

Prep your slow cooker by adding a wet small cotton towel on bottom, now sit your jars lids on inside the cooker. Add just enough water to the slow cooker to bring the water level up to just beneath the ring of your jar lid. You can use a piece of tape etc. so you know how far to fill the cooker.
Once you have removed the jars from the cooker, add water, turn on high and allow to heat to a boiling point. For me thatā€™s about an hour.

In your pint jars add:
8 pieces of your fav Jolly Rancher candy. (I do several flavors at once, grape is my fav!)
2 tablespoons of Canna Butter
A tiny bit (tip of a teaspoon) of Lecithin

Turn your cookers heat setting to low, and sit the jars inside, cover with a lid.
I cook this a total of seven hours, lifting the jars out with tongs, shaking and mixing the ingredients once an hour.

Time to pour! Better be fast!
Sprinkle your parchment paper with powdered sugar, I use enough to cover the paper.
Open your jar and dump it in the middle. Allow it to spread, and powder the top with powdered sugar. The sugar traps any excess canna oils etc atop of the candy.
This sets up fast!
After it cools and sets it breaks into pieces like glass.
You chose how much you have! šŸ˜œ
Store in zip lock bags, it keeps forever.
IMG_0793.jpeg

I make chocolates with a bunch of infuse Coco nut oil in a double boiler add a bunch of chocolate chips. Liquefy, add some peanut butter if you want, blend, pour into moulds or a glass baking dish, let cool, put in fridge to store. No measurements required,

Canā€™t speak as to a tincture as I have never used it in this recipe. Itā€™s actually the butter that lends this itā€™s unique taste.
Two things here, when I said I dump my sugar or cover my paper, I pour a mound of sugar, open the jar and pour the entire contents atop of the sugar.
Dont take your jar out of your cooker until you are ready to pour as it cools and sets fast!

Canā€™t speak as to a tincture as I have never used it in this recipe. Itā€™s actually the butter that lends this itā€™s unique taste.
Two things here, when I said I dump my sugar or cover my paper, I pour a mound of sugar, open the jar and pour the entire contents atop of the sugar.
Dont take your jar out of your cooker until you are ready to pour as it cools and sets fast!
It would be nice to have a beaker or jar with a pour lip then ....eh....to control your pour better?

It would be nice to have a beaker or jar with a pour lip then ....eh....to control your pour better?
I think it would set up so quick if one does not just pour it all that a beaker would be a problem. Almost as soon as you take the lid off and pour in seconds it is setting up, hard.

Yank it out, open the top and pour like crazy! šŸ˜œ It does not help me to have all quartz countertops as that stuff stays cold as ice year round.

Let me know how it goes for you!
How long (in your experience) does it take the JR candies to melt enough to mix with the molten cannabutter?

My jars (started with just 2 in case I mess up), are full of what feels like molten glass with warm liquid on top of it.
I stir it with a bamboo skewer, but I can't tell if it's mixing or just moving everything.

I'm also using the crock pot on low, is that warm enough to get er done?

BTW, JR candies have been in the crock pot for about 2 hours.

How long (in your experience) does it take the JR candies to melt enough to mix with the molten cannabutter?

My jars (started with just 2 in case I mess up), are full of what feels like molten glass with warm liquid on top of it.
I stir it with a bamboo skewer, but I can't tell if it's mixing or just moving everything.

I'm also using the crock pot on low, is that warm enough to get er done?

BTW, JR candies have been in the crock pot for about 2 hours.
I run it for a seven hour period. As soon as you open it quickly stir it and pour it, itā€™s gonna set like glass too.

Sprinkling the top heavy with the powdered sugar as it cools. This will help set any by product and makes for a sweet buttery cannabis treat.

It didnā€™t go well.

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™ll end up with. Itā€™s in the fridge now (why is there a D in fridge, but not in refrigerator?).

Anyway, I digress! Itā€™s looking like the butter mixed with powdered sugar, so Iā€™m going to have a really yummy buzz tomorrow morning.

I donā€™t know if any of the canna butter goodies remained in the molten candy, if it did, Iā€™ll report back in that.

Tomorrow, its going to be some greenish powdered sugar confection that should be good for a while. I described about 1/4 oz to make the butter, should be a decent buzz.

It didnā€™t go well.

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™ll end up with. Itā€™s in the fridge now (why is there a D in fridge, but not in refrigerator?).

Anyway, I digress! Itā€™s looking like the butter mixed with powdered sugar, so Iā€™m going to have a really yummy buzz tomorrow morning.

I donā€™t know if any of the canna butter goodies remained in the molten candy, if it did, Iā€™ll report back in that.

Tomorrow, its going to be some greenish powdered sugar confection that should be good for a while. I described about 1/4 oz to make the butter, should be a decent buzz.
Did you use the lecithin? It wonā€™t bind all of it, thatā€™s the reason I catch the excess with the powdered sugar.
I bag it as soon as it cools, and Iā€™ve never needed to refrigerate it.
Next round I do, I will vid the end process.

Did you use the lecithin? It wonā€™t bind all of it, thatā€™s the reason I catch the excess with the powdered sugar.
I bag it as soon as it cools, and Iā€™ve never needed to refrigerate it.
Next round I do, I will vid the end process.
I did use lechithin.

The "green" shatter is EXTEREMLY potent!
It's the cannabutter that didn't bind with anything until it hit the powdered sugar.
It's the consistency of thin peanut brittle (without the nuts other than me).
I ate a piece about half a sugar cube size at 5am.
By 6:30 am, I noticed it was pretty strongly coming on.
Very strong body component to the buzz. It was energetic but not speedy.
Every time I got up to do something, I felt like doing a lot, so it was very up lifting energy!
The mental component is very clear, definitely the sativa feeling I was hoping for, 2.5 hours in and still going strong.
Not out of control, but very strong.

Side notes:
Taste: I could taste the weed but not in a bad way. I enjoyed the flavor (positive)
Belches: Don't taste like weed (positive!)
Farts: None yet! (positive) When I used to eat "firecrackers", I could fart the best top shelf terpenes this side of snoopdog!

I will definitely keep trying, but this might be my solution, cannabutter confection.

This is why we call it ā€œpain candyā€. I normally use really heavy indica with a seventy percent amber trich value.
After I pour this, I just have a nice thin coating of oil atop of the candy which I lock in with the sugar. Let it cool, break it up and bag it. I do store it in the dark and in a cool area.
Super cool you did it with a high sativa. Iā€™m going to try that next time!
One thing I will tell you is the candy takes up more than you think. I can say this as we have cleaned all the excess off, and we still got ripped! I actually leave the butter on purpose now, mainly because I actually like the taste of the cannabis. Something that is unusual for me.
Let me know how your confection works out!

Last edited:
This is why we call it ā€œpain candyā€. I normally use really heavy indica with a seventy percent amber trich value.
After I pour this, I just have a nice thin coating of oil atop of the candy which I lock in with the sugar. Let it cool, break it up and bag it. I do store it in the dark and in a cool area.
Super cool you did it with a high sativa. Iā€™m going to try that next time!
One thing I will tell you is the candy takes up more than you think. I can say this as we have cleaned all the excess off, and we still got ripped! I actually leave the butter on purpose now, mainly because I actually like the taste of the cannabis. Something that is unusual for me.
Let me know how your confection works out!
I agree with the taste, definitely not objectionable at all. I expected that I'd have to choke it down, even with all the sugar. It was quite good.
Here, about 3 hours and 45 minutes since I first noticed the effects, I'm still going strong.
for about an hour, between 9 and 10, I got all Bill Nye and started testing different soil compositions. I wanted to know what different things did to ph and ppm, so I set up some experiments and just played around. I was in freeking heaven just not a care, playing with dirt!

I appreciate not smoking. Although I like the speed from smoking, the buzz seems more enhanced and pleasant from edibles.

Back
Top Bottom