Greenpoint reverse auctions

my last few RA snoops have all been the autos!! :) haven't seen a good enough deal yet or tried hard enough yet but wanted them for outside just like you did, i have a small polytunnel i wanted to put two or three in.. i have some other auto seeds from growers choice seeds a while back so i might start those.

i wish this rumor of GPS having herms would get bigger, might make the prices come back down.. or at least scare off the dummies paying $50 a pack!!! :ROFLMAO:

I worked their reverse auction over the winter months to get what I have for my summer run. None over $25.00 a pack ... but it took some patience.

I worked their reverse auction over the winter months to get what I have for my summer run. None over $25.00 a pack ... but it took some patience.

my most i ever paid was $37.50 and that was recently to get platinum frosting. my lowest score was $8.70 for a pack of texas butter!! but that was before they redid the logins so ya know pics or it didn't happen. 😆

my most i ever paid was $37.50 and that was recently to get platinum frosting. my lowest score was $8.70 for a pack of texas butter!! but that was before they redid the logins so ya know pics or it didn't happen. 😆

I did notice that prices took a jump right after Christmas. By the new year, the only strain I had not yet gotten was Wedding Cake. Prices had about doubled and many people would cash out at around $35 per pack on the reverse auctions. It took me probably until March before I finally got the Wedding Cake because I wasn't going to pay more. The autos I grew from them this winter were out of this world in taste and more than strong enough for a long time daily smoker.

I did notice that prices took a jump right after Christmas. By the new year, the only strain I had not yet gotten was Wedding Cake. Prices had about doubled and many people would cash out at around $35 per pack on the reverse auctions. It took me probably until March before I finally got the Wedding Cake because I wasn't going to pay more. The autos I grew from them this winter were out of this world in taste and more than strong enough for a long time daily smoker.

my neighbor has been growing autos exclusively for years now. he brings dank all the time.. i squish and run BHO from his stuff and it has the same potency as anything else. he gets all his gear from growers choice hence why i have some from them!!! i know i have cotton candy and two others, i gotta look.

my neighbor has been growing autos exclusively for years now. he brings dank all the time.. i squish and run BHO from his stuff and it has the same potency as anything else. he gets all his gear from growers choice hence why i have some from them!!! i know i have cotton candy and two others, i gotta look.
I still grow photoperiod plants, but only inside where I can control the environment from start to finish. Outside in mid September, you begin to hit the dew point every night and that's when many growers begin to struggle with wpm and bud rot. In places with longer summers, its easier to finish a photoperiod plant.

My neighbor grew out the American Haze from Growers Choice and it was danky dank!!

I still grow photoperiod plants, but only inside where I can control the environment from start to finish. Outside in mid September, you begin to hit the dew point every night and that's when many growers begin to struggle with wpm and bud rot. In places with longer summers, its easier to finish a photoperiod plant.

decided not to try those older seeds, wasn't impressed with the bud when i grew it so i grabbed a pack of these... hope to start them very soon!

do you suggest starting them in the final pot? or can i start smaller and transplant in a week or so?

015.JPG

decided not to try those older seeds, wasn't impressed with the bud when i grew it so i grabbed a pack of these... hope to start them very soon!

do you suggest starting them in the final pot? or can i start smaller and transplant in a week or so?

View attachment 60607
I would start in final pot. 3 Gallon minimum.
I ran autos 2 years ago out in my greenhouse and started them in solos and transplanted at 1-2 weeks knowing that most say go to final pot right away.
Thought if I paid attention and did not waste time I could do as I wished.
The plants grew well by all accounts but when done I looked at the roots and most were still the size of the solo cup or barely any bigger.
I wondered why some seemed to almost tip over in the pot...

View attachment 60607

I started mine in one gallon pots and then transplanted them to 5 gallons when I moved them outside.

I know that this goes against the conventional recommendation of starting them in their final pot to prevent transplant shock, but it is very "do-able" to transplant especially if you have some experience transplanting. My first time growing autos, I started them in their final pot (5 gallon size) and it took almost a month for them to need water. I thought that sitting in that large wet pot for a month did more harm than good. Since then figured I would take my chances so I could water/fertilize more often. I have had no problems what-so-ever with this approach ....

Edit: Here's a picture. Apple Fritter are the 4 plants in the back on the left hand side.

Greenhouse Grow 06.06.2024.jpg

Last edited:
No veg growing is like growing autos but without the auto. 🙃

Back when I was ordering seeds from the UK the orders always came with freebie autos so I'd grow them out but it was just never good pot IMO. Probably why those seeds were always free.
Of course genetics have come a long ways since 15 years ago so there's been the casual glance when they're on RA but never make it to the cart. Been waiting for somebody else to grow them which I kinda think says something in that I trust GPS with pretty much everything and will rely on them to be my #1 seed bank but I still don't trust the autos even if they are GPS.

Usually I grew them outdoors in 3 gallon fabric bags and once indoors in a French made bare root vertical NFT system just to see if weed could grow off a wall. It worked and they played nice doing that kooky experiment.
I never really saw them or treated them as special needs kids. I treated them like growing basil or something with good soil, spot in the sun, and watered as needed.
Looking at my old files I can only find one pic of an auto...

"Roadrunner" outdoors circa 2009

IMG_01579.JPG

I started mine in one gallon pots and then transplanted them to 5 gallons when I moved them outside.

I know that this goes against the conventional recommendation of starting them in their final pot to prevent transplant shock, but it is very "do-able" to transplant especially if you have some experience transplanting. My first time growing autos, I started them in their final pot (5 gallon size) and it took almost a month for them to need water. I thought that sitting in that large wet pot for a month did more harm than good. Since then figured I would take my chances so I could water/fertilize more often. I have had no problems what-so-ever with this approach ....

Edit: Here's a picture. Apple Fritter are the 4 plants in the back on the left hand side.

View attachment 60628
This is the style of greenhouse I’m looking for. Do you mind me asking where you got it?

This is the style of greenhouse I’m looking for. Do you mind me asking where you got it?
Sure, this is where I got it. Mine started out as the 10' x 19.5' option and is now heavily modified from the base kit.

you gonna be a sky master master?? i grew that... it's killer smoke, wasn't easy to grow but i still have seeds and want a second chance!!
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with them yet lol.
I've been eyeing the strain for a while but kept passing it up as the photo looks like it may be a pretty leafy strain. But they hit $11.86, and knowing i had a $10 coupon, I couldn't pass them up.
The next POTM winner just may end up with them 🤷🏻

Back
Top Bottom