Grow Room Floor

LJFarming

Dank Daredevil
Reaction score
Another question about my grow room remodel?

My current plan is to epoxy the floor. Mainly for ease of clean up but also to make a Hydro Store friend jealous. This is going to cost a lot more than I anticipated to do correctly. Any concrete for epoxy product recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone ever used vinyl plank waterproof flooring in their grow room? I know I can go to Home Cheapo and get a smoking deal on it over the holiday weekend. Biggest benefit in my opinion is no chance of a disaster like epoxy could end up!

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Peace out,

LJ

Another question about my grow room remodel?

My current plan is to epoxy the floor. Mainly for ease of clean up but also to make a Hydro Store friend jealous. This is going to cost a lot more than I anticipated to do correctly. Any concrete for epoxy product recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone ever used vinyl plank waterproof flooring in their grow room? I know I can go to Home Cheapo and get a smoking deal on it over the holiday weekend. Biggest benefit in my opinion is no chance of a disaster like epoxy could end up!

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Peace out,

LJ
I've used epoxy extensively. And vinyl. Maybe stand back and take a photo so we know what we are working with here?

I've used epoxy extensively. And vinyl. Maybe stand back and take a photo so we know what we are working with here?
Specs of the grow room? For ease of application I'd go with the epoxy floor but waterproof snap flooring, IMO, would look more impressive.

Are you expecting a lot of spillage or just the occasional splash? If you think there may be significant amounts of water spillage then epoxy. I'm assuming the floor is concrete as you mentioned epoxy. If you really want to impress him install a floor drain.

This is a couple previous pics. There is a drain in the corner that all tray waste, RO waste and Dehuey waste goes into before going to a French drain outside. I run coco drain to waste. Another big reason I tore the room apart was to tear the drop ceiling out to gain an additional 20 inches of height.

Attachments

• IMG_4257.jpeg
    IMG_4257.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4256.jpeg
    IMG_4256.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
I probably shouldn’t have worried as much as I did about the panda film but it’s gone! I wanted to tear the previous drop ceiling out to gain 24 inches of height it’s been a serious OCD remodel that I truly hope to never have to do again. A couple of rookie electrical mistakes were corrected. Now I’m painting everything, epoxying the floors, redoing my electrical mistakes, and being way too OCD and hoping to make as few mistakes as possible. Guaranteed there will be more mistakes but any suggestions are appreciated!

I probably shouldn’t have worried as much as I did about the panda film but it’s gone! I wanted to tear the previous drop ceiling out to gain 24 inches of height it’s been a serious OCD remodel that I truly hope to never have to do again. A couple of rookie electrical mistakes were corrected. Now I’m painting everything, epoxying the floors, redoing my electrical mistakes, and being way too OCD and hoping to make as few mistakes as possible. Guaranteed there will be more mistakes but any suggestions are appreciated!
Eh

Better safe than sorry, you doing all that shit by you self old man?

Haha

I've built out literally hundreds of grow rooms. Whatever help you need just ask and we can probably give you some good ideas for you to modify to your situation.

I will say that planning is everything in a grow room setup. As long as you take the time to go over your plan to weed out(see what I did there?!? 😋) any small issues that you missed the first time that can affect the next steps you should be able to overcome any surprises that pop up in the re hab. Devil is always in the details.

I've built out literally hundreds of grow rooms. Whatever help you need just ask and we can probably give you some good ideas for you to modify to your situation.

I will say that planning is everything in a grow room setup. As long as you take the time to go over your plan to weed out(see what I did there?!? 😋) any small issues that you missed the first time that can affect the next steps you should be able to overcome any surprises that pop up in the re hab. Devil is always in the details.
I all but guarantee I will have more questions. I’m currently redoing almost everything I did 4 years ago and hope I have planned well but it seems I spend more time scratching my head than actually working. Honestly no rush and just really want to do everything do to the best of my ability as well as make the room as good as I possibly can. Perfect isn’t possible in my world but I really hope to not ever do a major remodel again.

Peace out,

LJ

I try and plan it out in chunks. I plan out what each subsystem will do and how I can best place it to best work with the workflow I want. I put all the systems together and readjust if one subsystem clashes with another.

Here's a plan I drew out for a client that wanted an all in one in a 40 ft sea container.

40ft Container Grow Room.jpg

Roots!

That looks great! One of my grow bros room is a 40ft long 9ft tall sea container. He paid a dump truck of money for the extra height. However it was also already insulated, only had one voyage from China, and the A/C that came on it has worked for 4-5 years. He ran 9 lights and nine 4x4 trays down one side.

He built a small separate shed for his nutrient reservoirs, RO system, nutrients, and whatever else. It’s really clean and probably cost less than my metal building conversion at the end of the day. Plus his fits 1 more light than mine does.

For me 8 is enough as far as light goes and keeps me busier than I want to be sometimes. I can’t imagine doing that many and not running DTW. I have only been growing indoor for a little over 4 years and honestly my room was pretty dialed in. My OCD just wouldn’t quit messing with me about things I wish I had done differently when I originally built it out. Hopefully after about a 30ish day break from growing altogether and about 15 maybe 20 days of remodeling and an incredible amount of time planning as well as advice from people like you I will have the almost perfect grow room. Ha at least in my mind anyways.

I would have thought I would have had a perfect house after building my 5th one but I know for a fact it’s impossible so I’m sure there will still be plenty of I wish I would have in my second build out of the same grow room.

Peace out,

LJ

Roots!

That looks great! One of my grow bros room is a 40ft long 9ft tall sea container. He paid a dump truck of money for the extra height. However it was also already insulated, only had one voyage from China, and the A/C that came on it has worked for 4-5 years. He ran 9 lights and nine 4x4 trays down one side.

He built a small separate shed for his nutrient reservoirs, RO system, nutrients, and whatever else. It’s really clean and probably cost less than my metal building conversion at the end of the day. Plus his fits 1 more light than mine does.

For me 8 is enough as far as light goes and keeps me busier than I want to be sometimes. I can’t imagine doing that many and not running DTW. I have only been growing indoor for a little over 4 years and honestly my room was pretty dialed in. My OCD just wouldn’t quit messing with me about things I wish I had done differently when I originally built it out. Hopefully after about a 30ish day break from growing altogether and about 15 maybe 20 days of remodeling and an incredible amount of time planning as well as advice from people like you I will have the almost perfect grow room. Ha at least in my mind anyways.

I would have thought I would have had a perfect house after building my 5th one but I know for a fact it’s impossible so I’m sure there will still be plenty of I wish I would have in my second build out of the same grow room.

Peace out,

LJ
High Cube Reefer. Those are high dollar boxes. Was never a big fan of those. For an extra foot or so of head room just didn't seem to justify the price. The cooling units ran off 480v so you have to run a step-down invertor. Glad to know it was more paranoia then anything else as far as reliability of the cooler. Most of my container builds were ending up inside warehouses in the southwest so I didn't need to insulate them much. Most didn't get any but for those that wanted insulation I'd hang panels of 1" R-Tech on the inner walls and panel over it so that they could mount stuff to the walls easily.

High Cube Reefer. Those are high dollar boxes. Was never a big fan of those. For an extra foot or so of head room just didn't seem to justify the price. The cooling units ran off 480v so you have to run a step-down invertor. Glad to know it was more paranoia then anything else as far as reliability of the cooler. Most of my container builds were ending up inside warehouses in the southwest so I didn't need to insulate them much. Most didn't get any but for those that wanted insulation I'd hang panels of 1" R-Tech on the inner walls and panel over it so that they could mount stuff to the walls easily.
that 1" R Tech is some bomb diggity. when it comes to building my sealed room, that's what I'm gonna use for the walls.

that 1" R Tech is some bomb diggity. when it comes to building my sealed room, that's what I'm gonna use for the walls.
Yup! Hung 2" foil backed R-Tech inside a garage for a senior client on SS. She needed some extra income. SS was not enough.

6 plant LST pre flower.jpg

We were going to tap her service line since the weatherhead mast ran through her attic but her meter was the analog style so she learned how to adjust her meter. We installed a relay in the sub box so that if they tried to see who was not metering through their service, by removing the meter and clamping a flow meter on the service line, it would automatically shut down the entire sub box. Their flow meters would show zero transmission. Next.....

We were going to tap her service line since the weatherhead mast ran through her attic but her meter was the analog style so she learned how to adjust her meter. We installed a relay in the sub box so that if they tried to see who was not metering through their service, by removing the meter and clamping a flow meter on the service line, it would automatically shut down the entire sub box. Their flow meters would show zero transmission. Next.....
Roots I definitely give you props. The meter trick is badass with the tripped panel trick.

Unfortunately it seems impossible to pull off in Cali these days because of smart meters as well of the three grows that I know that have been busted 2 had tapped power and 1 owed 10s of thousands to the power company!

Peace out,

LJ

Yeah. The digital meters have sensors that send back info to the power company so they are much harder to defeat. Even if you tap it pre meter their smart meters will detect it.

i'm pushing the water company to install smart meters on the neighborhood lines. fuckers were more than happy collecting $500+/month monthly payments knowing damn well the flow rate for this house was 10x every other addresses usage in the neighborhood. a smart meter wouldn't told them there's a leak on the residential side and they could've notified the previous owner. dickheads.

i'm pushing the water company to install smart meters on the neighborhood lines. fuckers were more than happy collecting $500+/month monthly payments knowing damn well the flow rate for this house was 10x every other addresses usage in the neighborhood. a smart meter wouldn't told them there's a leak on the residential side and they could've notified the previous owner. dickheads.
This would require someone at the water co to actually care. Good Luck......

I was just reading an article about a guy that was on a bike team and the airlines lost his bike. He had an Airtag on it and found it at his connecting flight. Neither of the airlines could be bothered with physically checking the map coordinates he was giving them. After a while he finally found someone in CS to go check the coordinates and what do you know.....a bike. Bike was a $12,000 model so I'd be livid about it too!

I was just reading an article about a guy that was on a bike team and the airlines lost his bike. He had an Airtag on it and found it at his connecting flight. Neither of the airlines could be bothered with physically checking the map coordinates he was giving them. After a while he finally found someone in CS to go check the coordinates and what do you know.....a bike. Bike was a $12,000 model so I'd be livid about it too!
airlines aren't paid to give a shit about you or your belongings anymore. i mean, come on. have you noticed the caliber of the hostesses? they're simply not as sexy as they used to be. and the quality of service on flights? ha. it's laughable.

Had that happened to me before. It was a custom made frame just like the pros so it was kind of priceless from a race perspective.

airlines aren't paid to give a shit about you or your belongings anymore. i mean, come on. have you noticed the caliber of the hostesses? they're simply not as sexy as they used to be. and the quality of service on flights? ha. it's laughable.
Had that happened to me before. It was a custom made frame just like the pros so it was kind of priceless from a race perspective.

Nobody told you guys that nobody gives a shit anymore? There 100% definitely is no such thing as customer service. If you find a phone number it’s outsourced to another country and you can’t understand the person! IMO the world really really got fucked up the day that they started handing out participation trophies. Now everyone is a winner! BULLSHIT! There is winners and losers and learning how to accept the L and strive to be better is very important! Everyone can’t win! RANT OVER!

Peace out,

LJ

lmao, cool.

Back
Top Bottom