i was abandoned as a child

Just ready to plant now… the great white north here in Manitoba is not all that nice until usually after may long. This year may long was great bit wasn’t ready yet… tomorrow with some luck ill have some seeds and plants in the ground.

Rhubarb is pretty close to being there. Grape vine is coming along and losing the petals iff the apple tree. The garden was a mess…. Holy man did the raspberries invade it so days spent hand digging the whole thing up. On the plus side i got to mix some gypsum in to help losen up the clay and got a fair bit of horse manure to add tomorrow… flowers on the strawberries too.

Cant wait till this all comes together

Just ready to plant now… the great white north here in Manitoba is not all that nice until usually after may long. This year may long was great bit wasn’t ready yet… tomorrow with some luck ill have some seeds and plants in the ground.

Rhubarb is pretty close to being there. Grape vine is coming along and losing the petals iff the apple tree. The garden was a mess…. Holy man did the raspberries invade it so days spent hand digging the whole thing up. On the plus side i got to mix some gypsum in to help losen up the clay and got a fair bit of horse manure to add tomorrow… flowers on the strawberries too.

Cant wait till this all comes together
i never knew you from manitoba. where abouts?

The Peg…. You must be southern Ontario or one of the coasts?
grew up in a shithole town called gladstone 100 miles west of winnipeg until i was 19.
started working at 15 years old until i had enough money to go as far west as it could get.
then funnily enough i found out i could for (no shit) 75 cents walk onto a ferry and get 44 miles further.
landed in victoria bc any have only been back once to say goodbye to my mother who was in palliative care.
never looked back. best place in the world here.
let me know if you ever want to see paradise. i can't put you up but i can show you around.
p.s.
have they ever repaired any roads there yet.lol

grew up in a shithole town called gladstone 100 miles west of winnipeg until i was 19.
started working at 15 years old until i had enough money to go as far west as it could get.
then funnily enough i found out i could for (no shit) 75 cents walk onto a ferry and get 44 miles further.
landed in victoria bc any have only been back once to say goodbye to my mother who was in palliative care.
never looked back. best place in the world here.
let me know if you ever want to see paradise. i can't put you up but i can show you around.
p.s.
have they ever repaired any roads there yet.lol
Have a couple friends out on the island… heading out there next summer for some visits

i never knew you from manitoba. where abouts?
Isn't Manitoba where they plant trees in straight lines and call them telephone poles?

My wife spent year 6 and 7 in Winnipeg. First winter there they had to climb out a bedroom window after a storm.
Im cdn citizen, ont to ab now in Montana for the last 20 yrs

Edit or is it plant telephone poles in straight lines and call them trees

Hash

Isn't Manitoba where they plant trees in straight lines and call them telephone poles?

My wife spent year 6 and 7 in Winnipeg. First winter there they had to climb out a bedroom window after a storm.

Hash
Yeah lol its snow blower or die country… hot af in summer and cold af in winter

hey guys, GTF outta this thread!
this is a classroom and no need for tom foolery in the classroom.
DON'T MAKE ME CALL THE PRINCIPLE!

just spoofing, but really GTFO .
trying to learn my sweethearts grow technique here without the class clowns interrupting

oh shit, i just realized moe.red IS the principle.
The principal is your pal, principle is what you believe. Any more mistakes and double secret probation 4 U.

Hash
funny that you said telephone poles.
my 1st good paying job was ground line wood preservative for manitoba hydro.
back then telephone and hydro were on the same pole and i was paid $1 per pole to dig down 3 feet around every pole and scrub them down and then cover with pentagrease and then wrap them and cover them.
1st day 5 of us did 100 poles, so $20 each for a days hard work.
2nd day most guys quit of course.
at the end of the summer i was getting $5 a pole and doing 100 myself.
not bad for a 18 year old shithead from a shithole town.
never give up if you see potential.
that last bit of advice was for the younger members here, you'll never know how far you can get if you quit trying to soon.
on the other side, you have to know when your behind and stop trying, lol

don't forget Mosquitoes as big as buffalo!
horse flies that bite a chunk out of you and of course ticks and leeches that love to suck your blood.
none of those around here, lol
Haha yeah we dont have mosquitoes… they are blood sucking birds. Ticks are real bad this year had a buddy come out of the bush and he found 47 on him

Haha yeah we dont have mosquitoes… they are blood sucking birds. Ticks are real bad this year had a buddy come out of the bush and he found 47 on him
ouch.
i can remember once i came home with 12 or 13 on me and my mother flipped out panicking.
of course being a kid i was yeah whatever.
still to this day close to 50 years later i can remember vividly coming home from swimming in lake irwin, (neepawa man.), as a 6 year old or close to that and finding a leech on my balls!!!
i screamed bloody murder.
unfortunately for me there was a houseful of guests that came running to help.
so here i am, a naked 6 year old with a leech stuck on my balls and 10 people standing around doing a bad job trying not to laugh at me.
oh and had a woody for some reason also

:eek:

Last edited:
funny that you said telephone poles.
my 1st good paying job was ground line wood preservative for manitoba hydro.
back then telephone and hydro were on the same pole and i was paid $1 per pole to dig down 3 feet around every pole and scrub them down and then cover with pentagrease and then wrap them and cover them.
1st day 5 of us did 100 poles, so $20 each for a days hard work.
2nd day most guys quit of course.
at the end of the summer i was getting $5 a pole and doing 100 myself.
not bad for a 18 year old shithead from a shithole town.
never give up if you see potential.
that last bit of advice was for the younger members here, you'll never know how far you can get if you quit trying to soon.
on the other side, you have to know when your behind and stop trying, lol
Funny when i hear "hydro i think Canada.

I did a stint a bruce b in Ontario as a welder hired under permit through Ontario iron workers out of hamilton. Laying on the beach welding the channel iron frames together 36"x16". 3rd or 4th day there was told by a guy in a white hat to slow down because i was working him and i ouof a job. This was around 1979 i think was making $32 per. Fellow welder was a
rastafarian from Toronto. Laying on my back smoking really good herb making 32 per was mememorable

Funny when i hear "hydro i think Canada.

I did a stint a bruce b in Ontario as a welder hired under permit through Ontario iron workers out of hamilton. Laying on the beach welding the channel iron frames together 36"x16". 3rd or 4th day there was told by a guy in a white hat to slow down because i was working him and i ouof a job. This was around 1979 i think was making $32 per. Fellow welder was a
rastafarian from Toronto. Laying on my back smoking really good herb making 32 per was mememorable
Sounds like a great time man…. I used to live fairly close to Hamilton… good ppl there.

Sounds like a great time man…. I used to live fairly close to Hamilton… good ppl there.
Born in Hamilton General hospital moved to guelph in 67 married in 73 bought 1st farm in 1974 for $21500.00, 15.5% interest. Payments 256.52 month and many hard months.

Born in Hamilton General hospital moved to guelph in 67 married in 73 bought 1st farm in 1974 for $21500.00, 15.5% interest. Payments 256.52 month and many hard months.
Lived in Oakville for a yr…. Had enough if that place and moved home… only buddy i made was from Hamilton and moved in close to us. Met quite a few ppl from Hamilton all good salt of the earth ppl. If your ever in Oakville just keep driving the stench of detachment from reality is real. Had one neighbour calling the cops on my other neighbour for weeds in her back yard lmao… not kidding. To much money and to little common sense or campassion

Lived in Oakville for a yr…. Had enough if that place and moved home… only buddy i made was from Hamilton and moved in close to us. Met quite a few ppl from Hamilton all good salt of the earth ppl. If your ever in Oakville just keep driving the stench of detachment from reality is real. Had one neighbour calling the cops on my other neighbour for weeds in her back yard lmao… not kidding. To much money and to little common sense or campassion
The thistle chicks from sauble beach lived in Oakville. First year we were married lived in apartment for 1 year saved my wife's wages for down-payment on that farm. When i say farm" that first place was a old run down place house, 2 old barns with 20 acres. There was a neighboring farm of 100 acres for sale at the time for $32000 but in 1974 at 20 yo 34k scared me to death. Have never lived in a city or town since. Im a first generation farm boy and glad i did

The thistle chicks from sauble beach lived in Oakville. First year we were married lived in apartment for 1 year saved my wife's wages for down-payment on that farm. When i say farm" that first place was a old run down place house, 2 old barns with 20 acres. There was a neighboring farm of 100 acres for sale at the time for $32000 but in 1974 at 20 yo 34k scared me to death. Have never lived in a city or town since. Im a first generation farm boy and glad i did
I often find myself wishing i went that route as we have farmers in the family… or homesteading or up in Alaska or something… i have grown tired of the city yet here i am. We plan to atleast retire outside the city so there is hope yet

Started on a 300 acre ranch as a kid. Born and raised there until I was 18 and shot to the next nearest city, which was Phoenix. Lived in a bunch of the bigger, known cities in the US for the past decade, and finally have had enough.

So, I bought a house that will fit my family on four acres that can be turned into a micro farm with some hard work and love, in an area surrounded by 100+ hectare farms.

Gonna miss the convenience of being in the city, sure, but I refuse to let my kids grow up like city kids. They need clean air, room to roam, and to be intimately close to the food places in front of them. Through that, I hope they will learn what value is outside the outrageous $$$ attached to something.

ok back to the topic of this thread.
even though my granny said don't tuck there were a few taller ones that i did tuck. sorry granny.
i thought the idea of scrog was to keep all the bud sites close to the same height.
i fed 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 10 days ago and 12 days from into flip.
when should i trim off all the smalls that will never make anything of themselves?
also, from everything i've read, any og kush is a mag pig.
i gave 1 half dose of cal-mag 2 weeks ago and wonder if i should add anymore? not showing any issues right now.
also up potted to 7 gal fabric 2 weeks ago into gaia green living soil.
any suggestions on what if anything i should do now?

1 more thing, i found 3 auto seeds so i planted them outside, and thrips are after them already. any spray i can or should use? starting to flower already.
for now i'm just smushing those pricks ever time i go outside as there's only a few each time.
and yes, i deal with my indoor girls before i deal with the outdoor girls

ok back to the topic of this thread.
even though my granny said don't tuck there were a few taller ones that i did tuck. sorry granny.
i thought the idea of scrog was to keep all the bud sites close to the same height.
i fed 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 10 days ago and 12 days from into flip.
when should i trim off all the smalls that will never make anything of themselves?
also, from everything i've read, any og kush is a mag pig.
i gave 1 half dose of cal-mag 2 weeks ago and wonder if i should add anymore? not showing any issues right now.
also up potted to 7 gal fabric 2 weeks ago into gaia green living soil.
any suggestions on what if anything i should do now?

1 more thing, i found 3 auto seeds so i planted them outside, and thrips are after them already. any spray i can or should use? starting to flower already.
for now i'm just smushing those pricks ever time i go outside as there's only a few each time.
and yes, i deal with my indoor girls before i deal with the outdoor girls
I'm told you can use acetic acid solutions, like Nuke 'Em (or vinegar, but you have to dilute it a lot) up until a few days before harvest, though I've never done it myself.

It kills thrips quite well, and they don't build up an immunity to it.

ouch.
i can remember once i came home with 12 or 13 on me and my mother flipped out panicking.
of course being a kid i was yeah whatever.
still to this day close to 50 years later i can remember vividly coming home from swimming in lake irwin, (neepawa man.), as a 6 year old or close to that and finding a leech on my balls!!!
i screamed bloody murder.
unfortunately for me there was a houseful of guests that came running to help.
so here i am, a naked 6 year old with a leech stuck on my balls and 10 people standing around doing a bad job trying not to laugh at me.
oh and had a woody for some reason also

:eek:
Voting this top 5 RL post yet 🤣 crowd went straight Something about Mary zipper scene on ya. Holy heck man that's hard-core funny 🤣
When I was that age-ish(4-6) I was with my mom shopping at Eagle Foods in Mundelein, IL. It was the frozen food dept and there was frozen food an adult could bend over and pick up, and then 3 tiers of frozen food shelving. On the top what did my eye spot? A fkin pudding pop, had leaked out and there was some visible. Super-sleuth like, I waited for my mom to not be paying attention and made my move. I scaled that shit like a spider monkey within seconds and went old school Christmas Story and stuck my fkin tongue to the metal to lick the pudding pop residual 😶‍🌫️🤕🤒
Yeah that didn't work out well for me either. Pretty much hanging from my tongue screaming and crying bloody murder until fire dept there and they brought hot water and melted my tongue off the metal 🤣
I don't recall even going to the hospital but I can tell you 41-2 years later just like you, mine as well have been yesterday

Back
Top Bottom