Light Burn or Heavy Feeder?

Shaded

Organic Soil Wizard
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what you guys think this is. @CannaGranny you're probably dealing with something similar? One of my plants is displaying the below symptoms while the other 3 are very green and vigorous like the attached photo.

The plant in question is the most-directly underneath my Phlizon FD8000 running at about 550w. I just moved the light up a couple of inches but it was about 14" away from the tops.

Same strains, same feed amounts.

295C6884-552F-4C09-B187-22A4B3577E8F.jpeg
31A5DEF0-ACB7-43DF-A1CA-EDC63221DFFD.jpeg

Dude that looks like the start of potassium to me.

I guess with the net no way to swap positions?

This one might be the canary that is letting you know you are on the edge of what your roots can provide given your lighting and environment.

this goes along with what I had in mind, 4 weeks is coming up this weekend but I ended up giving this one a feed today after I got home from work.

Thanks @Moe.Red the other 3 are looking OK and will get their feedings on Saturday.

Thanks for tagging me @Shaded ! I’m looking at something like that. I will add a foilar feeding tomorrow. I have never dealt with anything like this, but this SF light has challenged me to no end. I just never see deficiencies. Some of what I am seeing is just flat out light burn.
Super healthy beautiful plant, soon as she goes under the light, hell broke loose.

Light drives transpiration and with the plant being in the middle its likely higher humidity but this appears as though it would be a media issue possibility push a bit to hard by light or for the first time in a long time an actual lack of or ratio imbalance.

This is classic K starts more mid plant… light burn would be upper only

The spectrum can change the ratio preferences of the plants but i dont think that alone would do specifically this. It almost looks like K might actually be lacking.

Those leaves deep down in the middle have a story to tell and i think its high humidity in there. Hows the air movement under and through the plants

The spectrum can change the ratio preferences of the plants but i dont think that alone would do specifically this. It almost looks like K might actually be lacking.

Those leaves deep down in the middle have a story to tell and i think its high humidity in there. Hows the air movement under and through the plants
I’ve heard him say humidity is a constant battle due to lung room conditions.

@Aqua Man humidity has been atrociously high until I resolved that last weekend(90%+ at lights off, water droplets forming on walls etc). @Moe.Red yeah these girls are being top dressed at this point, in 4 week blocks for macronutrients. July 1st would have been 4 weeks after their last feed, so my initial instinct when I see funky stuff going on with the leaves after a long period since last feeding is deficiencies. But the fact that this was only happening to 1/4 plants was throwing me off a little so I'm glad to have the brain trust!

@Amnesia yup right now is about time for the change in diet :)

100% K deficiency… usually its a transpiration issue like VPD, root issues, overwatering, underwatering. Ill look back and see if i can spot something that jumps out at me
I have a tangerine cookies strain that shows K def in week 5. It’s happened to the mother, and all her daughters.

I have a tangerine cookies strain that shows K def in week 5. It’s happened to the mother, and all her daughters.
Yeah K demands really start picking up…. by week 3 P demands pick up but the plant has generally taken up the P it needs by this point. So the feed can be lowered but the K needs to increase

100% K deficiency… usually its a transpiration issue like VPD, root issues, overwatering, underwatering. Ill look back and see if i can spot something that jumps out at me
I have the exact same situation going on now. I increased K and it didn't help. The VPD is way out out range-hot and dry. I'm pretty sure that's a lot of the problem. I raised the light and reduced feed but added enzymes and Orca. Watching you for answers now.

I have the exact same situation going on now. I increased K and it didn't help. The VPD is way out out range-hot and dry. I'm pretty sure that's a lot of the problem. I raised the light and reduced feed but added enzymes and Orca. Watching you for answers now.

how many plants are impacted in your grow space? all of them or just a few? all the same strains?

how many plants are impacted in your grow space? all of them or just a few? all the same strains?
2 plants both the same. Now it starting on the younger 2. Maybe the high temps are making them drink too much, so I actually needed to reduce feed and light? IDK but they are too big for the 2 gal pots, too late to transplant.

2 plants both the same. Now it starting on the younger 2. Maybe the high temps are making them drink too much, so I actually needed to reduce feed and light? IDK but they are too big for the 2 gal pots, too late to transplant.
That’s an interesting take on the drinking too much. I think that theory is very plausible. I noticed that too in this strain I keep seeing k def at week 5. They suck a 5g fab dry every other day. My temps are not high though and my vpd is in the 1.0 to 1.2 range. But anyway, they are big feeders I guess.

Prolonged Water stress = K deficiency

The leaves wont get better but if it stops spreading to new leaves you got it licked.

In 2 gal you may need to feed more often more well suited to a very aerated media like coco with synthetic nutrients with high feed frequency. Thats not a very big pool of food but done like above makes for very explosive growth

Prolonged Water stress = K deficiency

The leaves wont get better but if it stops spreading to new leaves you got it licked.

In 2 gal you may need to feed more often more well suited to a very aerated media like coco with synthetic nutrients with high feed frequency. Thats not a very big pool of food but done like above makes for very explosive growth
What is water stress?

Back
Top Bottom