Light Burn or Heavy Feeder?

Shaded

Organic Soil Wizard
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what you guys think this is. @CannaGranny you're probably dealing with something similar? One of my plants is displaying the below symptoms while the other 3 are very green and vigorous like the attached photo.

The plant in question is the most-directly underneath my Phlizon FD8000 running at about 550w. I just moved the light up a couple of inches but it was about 14" away from the tops.

Same strains, same feed amounts.

295C6884-552F-4C09-B187-22A4B3577E8F.jpeg
31A5DEF0-ACB7-43DF-A1CA-EDC63221DFFD.jpeg

That's how you get answers out of bad guys at Guantanamo bay.
Lord, I apologize.
keeping with the likes you do, no amount of apologizing is gonna grant you access through the pearly gates. we all (well, most) are a bunch of rowdy heathens, and you know the saying -- you are the crowd you keep :ROFLMAO:

So do you think it's hungry or the vpd throwing it off? Because now i'm thinking of feeding today

edit: sorry ik i'm prolly bugging u

Post some pics in your thread @2Bad

I would feed them. I'm considering changing the mid-flower top dress from 4 to 3 weeks as it seems to be a week behind, will need a couple more grows to see for sure but I would feed them now if you are starting to see leaf changes.

I am going to top dress my other 3 plants right now 🧙‍♂️

I would feed them. I'm considering changing the mid-flower top dress from 4 to 3 weeks as it seems to be a week behind, will need a couple more grows to see for sure but I would feed them now if you are starting to see leaf changes.

I’m top dressing and brewing teas. Worm poop tea and also banana peel tea (it’s a cold brew) I hit them with some foilar mag at lights out. Here’s hoping!

they look good right now but I’m 23 days into flower so I’m gonna feed now. They were a heavy feeder last grow. Some may have some very very slight tip burn , if any. I’ll get some pics up 🫡🤣

I'm curious as to what you guys think this is. @CannaGranny you're probably dealing with something similar? One of my plants is displaying the below symptoms while the other 3 are very green and vigorous like the attached photo.

The plant in question is the most-directly underneath my Phlizon FD8000 running at about 550w. I just moved the light up a couple of inches but it was about 14" away from the tops.

Same strains, same feed amounts.

View attachment 10561
View attachment 10562
It's nutrient burn.. lower your ppm alittle... also looks like early stage potassium issue.. possible lockout from Salt build up.. I would flush the medium and calibrate my ph meter before I water again...

if growing organicly.. i would be adding microbes and enzymes to the medium.. the microbes help the plants uptake food by creating enzymes that breakdown bone meal and makes it more available to the plant.. helping balance the medium over time...

Good luck sir..

It's nutrient burn.. lower your ppm alittle... also looks like early stage potassium issue.. possible lockout from Salt build up.. I would flush the medium and calibrate my ph meter before I water again...

if growing organicly.. i would be adding microbes and enzymes to the medium.. the microbes help the plants uptake food by creating enzymes that breakdown bone meal and makes it more available to the plant.. helping balance the medium over time...

Good luck sir..

It was early sign K deficiency, definitely not nutrient burn & these plants are given EWC quite regularly so they also didn't need a microbe boost but yes you are 100% right about them being necessary for nutrient availability! It was about 3.5~ weeks since their last top dress/amendment so nutrient burn was never even a question.

Here are some update pics/progress pics of the plant that was concerning me:

IMG-4392.jpgIMG-4391.jpg

I slowly started to see some signs of the K def progression happening on the other 3 plants but they were caught in time.

Thanks for the input everyone

Back
Top Bottom