Quart bottle pour spout

Rootsruler

Know it all
Reaction score
If you like to bottle feed your girls and hate the mess when you're measuring out your nutrient you can use the spout from a squeeze bottle that is used for ketchup and other condiments and sauces. I leave the foil seal stuck to the bottle spout and poke the pre cut hole so that it doesn't squeeze out and get into the threads of the bottle. I think the squeze bottle top I used came from a 12oz. squeeze bottle.

Quart top spout.jpg

I always poke a little hole with a key instead of tearing the foil off but this is real slick
I used to poke the hole in the foil just big enough to stick my plastic pipette through and draw nutrient. It was also a clean way but took more time to get the measurement I was looking for drawn and I had to do multiple draws. This way I just squeeze it into the measuring spoon and dump it into the water. Done.

I saw someone else do something similar but they drilled holes in their caps and used some 1/4" hose line. Similar to a spray bottle where you have it go to the bottom to draw everything out of the bottle They used syringes to draw the nutrient out of the bottle. I guess it leaks if they tip the bottle over unlike my idea where you can tip it over to squeeze out nutrient. I'm still a little wary of the cap popping off but, so far, it's been pretty solid.

If you like to bottle feed your girls and hate the mess when you're measuring out your nutrient you can use the spout from a squeeze bottle that is used for ketchup and other condiments and sauces. I leave the foil seal stuck to the bottle spout and poke the pre cut hole so that it doesn't squeeze out and get into the threads of the bottle. I think the squeze bottle top I used came from a 12oz. squeeze bottle.

View attachment 44647
I use either 5ml plastic droppers or a 30 ml turkey baster when I make up a batch for my auto pots but great idea for measuring cups. For some reason I can't get Armour Si up here now, through amzon unless I pay a $30 shipping fee...fk that I'll amend instead

I use either 5ml plastic droppers or a 30 ml turkey baster when I make up a batch for my auto pots but great idea for measuring cups. For some reason I can't get Armour Si up here now, through amzon unless I pay a $30 shipping fee...fk that I'll amend instead
I have both 3ml and 10ml plastic pipettes. They work but this is just way more convenient and quick.

Have you tried Agritech Cal/Mag Fuel by rooted leaf? maybe cheaper? SS

Have you tried Agritech Cal/Mag Fuel by rooted leaf? maybe cheaper? SS
I want to stay with one companies products and not mix and match, I use General Hydroponics stuff and the Amour Si has been discontinued or its not available here any longer unless I pay $36 shipping on top of a $30 bottle + 15% tax...= NFW1707917576972.png1707917576972.png

Again, I use agritech Silica Skin. Happy with it but I was happy with Dyna-Grow ProTek too. I ran all Dyna-Grow products 3 years ago. Now I run Canna Coco A&B and add Rooted leaf and in flower FF Big Bloom, guano & earthworm castings. SS

Again, I use agritech Silica Skin. Happy with it but I was happy with Dyna-Grow ProTek too. I ran all Dyna-Grow products 3 years ago. Now I run Canna Coco A&B and add Rooted leaf and in flower FF Big Bloom, guano & earthworm castings. SS
I just looked and its not available in Canada, I have some silicate I stopped using years ago but I don't really want to mix more than 1 companies nutrients, I've had issues doing that in the past with lock ups.....I'll keep looking

I want to stay with one companies products and not mix and match, I use General Hydroponics stuff and the Amour Si has been discontinued or its not available here any longer unless I pay $36 shipping on top of a $30 bottle + 15% tax...= NFWView attachment 44878View attachment 44878

One of my local stores still carries it. Hope the shipping is good.

🤞👊

I have both 3ml and 10ml plastic pipettes. They work but this is just way more convenient and quick.

Because of the hospital I have a lot of syringes. 3ml/3cc up to 80ml/80cc iirc.

I like the idea of the quick tops but not sure it would be of any help atm. But I’ll keep it in mind for any future plans. 🤔🍻

Because of the hospital I have a lot of syringes. 3ml/3cc up to 80ml/80cc iirc.

I like the idea of the quick tops but not sure it would be of any help atm. But I’ll keep it in mind for any future plans. 🤔🍻
When I make up 6-7-8-9 gallons at a time the turkey baster works great. I clean after each nute in a gal jug of water then stick it in the bottle suck up 30ml at a time....I was using the 5ml droppers but 90ml worth of Bloom at a time with 5ml droppers was a bit much, now its just 3 full baster sucks and its done.

Back
Top Bottom