Russet mites???

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
Sorry this is my first post. I’m freaking out because I may have russet mites. This was a clone from Trustfall genetics at THC farmer. He says it is just variegated. What do you say? This is important because this is one of group of plants that will be for my greenhouse medical grow this summer. Should I kill this plant with fire???

Attachments

• AA6089E6-D257-4339-B2B2-02C673C09D8D.jpeg
    AA6089E6-D257-4339-B2B2-02C673C09D8D.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 7CD75E1A-0EB8-4E0C-8B49-8F6F6A760238.jpeg
    7CD75E1A-0EB8-4E0C-8B49-8F6F6A760238.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3FC80950-3224-466F-96E8-CDC62BE47786.jpeg
    3FC80950-3224-466F-96E8-CDC62BE47786.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 51601A7D-094B-49C6-B21B-2C078DAE71A7.jpeg
    51601A7D-094B-49C6-B21B-2C078DAE71A7.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 6
Hey Bear,

I'm gonna help you thru this. I went thru the EXACT same circumstances.

First, these things are incredibly small. I'm gonna go get some pics and come back. brb

F9478A60-E4CE-4029-8817-501940885209.jpeg

This is the digital microscope I used to post pics. Below is the resolution:

661593DE-B61A-4BB0-A327-B7608A3CB296.jpeg

It was incredibly hard to find them. Even under high magnification. I had to go to my optical microsocpe with 1000X to identify them

This is how I sterilized after I got rid of the plants.

FC25C956-CB3F-4F3D-801E-6622AEAEBAB8.jpeg

This kinda shows the progression

9C35D19B-70FF-4229-B9E4-7FCB0246C913.jpeg

Over on the farm in my fogponics thread you can see the entire thing from clone arrival to when I nuked the plants. I had lots of experts helping me.

Mine was also variegated.

I cannot say 100% that you have them, but under your circumstances I would personally fall on the side of caution, carefully pull the plants and start decontamination, primarily with micronized sulfur.

I finally found them where the petiole meets the stalk after litterally hours of searching and saying no bugs here. They were there, just smaller than you can imagine.

Sorry this is my first post. I’m freaking out because I may have russet mites. This was a clone from Trustfall genetics at THC farmer. He says it is just variegated. What do you say? This is important because this is one of group of plants that will be for my greenhouse medical grow this summer. Should I kill this plant with fire???
Bear, just so you know about the pictures i posted at the other forum, the top 2 pictures were zoomed in snaps from moe.red actual pictures when he had his problem and the bottom picture is of course your plant

Ok so I just decided to burn this plant. Don’t hate me. It is just too much of a risk for my situation. My other plants are probably affected but it should be less than that infected clone. I have a bunch more of to choose from to replace that plant.

I am so happy you guys made this forum. Obviously vendors/money were guiding the choices on the other forum. I would feel like a POS if I sold clones knowing they had bugs. Anyway I’ll be treating these other plants regularly. The only thing I have on hand is “Green Cleaner” which the inner Webb’s says will kill these bastards so that’s what I’ll start with tonight.

Attachments

• E6209614-0F1F-44D1-B967-8A6BF6B3F536.jpeg
    E6209614-0F1F-44D1-B967-8A6BF6B3F536.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 4
I'm fighting your fight back at the farm.
1D1 is close to hostile.
He deleted your thread much as one our staff guessed.
He said you got your answer and was not happy with it.
No good explanation of the delete but bashing a supporting member [ $$$]..
So sad and like you glad I got the guys who got us all here~!

Those pics don't look at all like what Moe's did. I had to agree with Trust on that. Here's what trust had to say.

:
In what world do those two pictures look to have the same problem?
Not to mention both acquired around the same time which was late January and I can prove that.
Moes clones were suppose to be long gone according to him in our conversation feb 6th. Yet your post pictures of him growing them out?
And what’s funny here steamroller tried to shorten the time frame saying early March.
Garage bare has had his clones since late January, so what have the mites been doing for 2 1/2 months? Hibernating?
Moe decided to order clones during a snow storm without paying an extra 20 bucks for an insulated box so his clone was freaked out.
I tried to get proof of the mites from Moe and he got bitter af and told me I just have to trust him because the clone is gone.
I spent 10-12 hours scoping plants never found a single mite and I had two full bloom rooms at the time.
You both need to wake the fuck up and realize it was a misdiagnosis on moes part. He had clear microscopic video on his tv which he showed us with his phone of all the leaves that didn’t have a single mite then says he can’t show the same thing with the infected parts of the plant.
This is what hemp russet mites and broad mites look like. Garage bears plants would be are the fuck up by now.

Edit: You know I respect all of yall. Especially moe. So don't hate me im just the messenger and am quite confused as to why all the hate and assumptions are flying around.

Sorry bear, but step outside all the drama and bullshit, and in your situation it is the right call. The risk is just not worth it, even if it turns out to be something else.

Green cleaner is a great start.

These bugs become weaponized once they have been treated and not killed. Best to try multiple treatment options.

If you need help with seeds, I'm sure we can do that!

Those pics don't look at all like what Moe's did. I had to agree with Trust on that. Here's what trust had to say.

:
Not to mention both acquired around the same time which was late January and I can prove that.
Moes clones were suppose to be long gone according to him in our conversation feb 6th. Yet your post pictures of him growing them out?
And what’s funny here steamroller tried to shorten the time frame saying early March.
Garage bare has had his clones since late January, so what have the mites been doing for 2 1/2 months? Hibernating?
Moe decided to order clones during a snow storm without paying an extra 20 bucks for an insulated box so his clone was freaked out.
I tried to get proof of the mites from Moe and he got bitter af and told me I just have to trust him because the clone is gone.
I spent 10-12 hours scoping plants never found a single mite and I had two full bloom rooms at the time.
You both need to wake the fuck up and realize it was a misdiagnosis on moes part. He had clear microscopic video on his tv which he showed us with his phone of all the leaves that didn’t have a single mite then says he can’t show the same thing with the infected parts of the plant.
This is what hemp russet mites and broad mites look like. Garage bears plants would be are the fuck up by now.

Edit: You know I respect all of yall. Especially moe. So don't hate me im just the messenger and am quite confused as to why all the hate and assumptions are flying around.
The thread was gone before I even got a chance to read this.

:

You know, what's funny is 1D1 is the one that diagnosed this and went on and on about how bad it is. You can see that for yourself

There are some untruths there, but I do not care to continue a debate that is over. I only wanted to help Garbage Bear, and that time has passed since the plant is gone and no microscope to verify anyhow.

What is 1D1?
He means 1Diesel1 the mod.

Folks, I'd like to take a quick breather.

This is the kind of situation that generates heat and drama. I know I was hot under the collar when it happened to me. But I think the adult thing to do here is not not overreact, attack anyone here or at the farm, and just let this go.

At this point, there is nothing to be gained by second guessing.

There is no way to further investigate this plant to know for sure it was hemp mites. It's possible that it was not. I'm not comfortable saying 100% that it was based on a few pics.

I am 100% comfortable in saying that's what I had. And I did post proof pics.

I do not like the aggressive stance they take at the farm protecting revenue streams. Really, that's what this comes down to. Why threaten and delete and all that, just help the person in trouble. I don't see what is so hard about that? Guilt is a powerful emotion that makes you do weird things tho.

That's why this place even exists in the first place. I'm not on a crusade to squash the farm or trustfall or anyone. I'm very much in the live and let live camp.

I'm asking that the drama find someplace else to live, and we will work on solutions here instead. I appreciate you all helping me to just be good to each other and pay it forward. That's what we do here.

BTW - Welcome 2Bad! When did you sneak in? Good to see you.

When I first read your post, I was thinking it was part of what trustfall said, and it really confused the shit out of me lol. I get that edit was you now, and I appreciate your point.

Can't speak for everyone, but you are not getting hate from me. I think that is true of the rest of the crowd here, just maybe seeing a little bit of a raw nerve being lightly sanded with 80 grit :)

Sorry bear, but step outside all the drama and bullshit, and in your situation it is the right call. The risk is just not worth it, even if it turns out to be something else.

Green cleaner is a great start.

These bugs become weaponized once they have been treated and not killed. Best to try multiple treatment options.

If you need help with seeds, I'm sure we can do that!
More than I grow ! Just let me know

Back
Top Bottom