SSHZ- Contest#3 "Kentucky Derby On May 4th"

Contest closed last night at midnight..........sorry.

"All picks must be submitted before race day. That means midnight, May 3rd."

Good race, a little slow which made it tight at the end.
Nobody even had Mystik Dan on their card~!
That's why it is gambling.

Photo finish, all 3 on the line and there was a lot of jostling for position coming down the stretch, I though there may have been a protest because of all the contact...18-1 winner, that would have made a one hellofa niceTrifecta

Photo finish, all 3 on the line and there was a lot of jostling for position coming down the stretch, I though there may have been a protest because of all the contact...18-1 winner, that would have made a one hellofa niceTrifecta
Looks like Pipecarver is the winner, picking 2nd and 3rd correctly. Please send me your info so i can mail out the prizes....... Congrats!
I think you have that already in our previous communications...up top there in the little envelope

I saw what you did and thought Seirra Leone would get the win from the picture, but then get disqualified for moving Forever Young.
It was a good race. Looking at replays the push was not as drastic as I thought on first viewing, but you never know when someone will complain.

Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Releases Statement On Controversial Finish​

Sierra Leone's jockey, Tyler Gaffalione, could face discipline following Saturday's Kentucky Derby finish.

The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission said in a statement Monday that Gaffalione must attend "film review" on Thursday. Stewards could penalize him after reviewing his conduct during the race at Churchill Downs.

Sierra Leone narrowly edged out Forever Young for second place behind Mystik Dan. Photos appear to show Gaffalione making contact with Forever Young and his jockey, Ryusei Sakai, during the heated finish.

However, the stewards made the Kentucky Derby results official.

"The Stewards review every race in Kentucky live and by video replay before posting it official and they followed the same procedure for the 150th running of the Kentucky Derby," the statement said, via Sports Illustrated's Pat Forde. "After conducting their standard review of the race, determining no further review or investigation was necessary to conclude there were no incidents that altered the finish of the race, and seeing there were no objections filed, the Stewards posted the Kentucky Derby official."

Gaffalione said he was trying to keep Sierra Leone from leaning, and Sierra Leone trainer Chad Brown offered a similar explanation when defending his jockey.
"What Tyler was really attempting to do was make room for his left stick, which (Sierra Leone) really respects and keeps him straight," Brown said, per the Louisville Courier Journal's Jason Frakes. "The bumping and the tight duel between those horses disarmed him with the stick. All he had was a rein to pull on, and it really hurt his momentum."

Forever Young racing manager Hiroshi Ando said Sunday that "claims of foul do not happen much in Japan."

The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission said it would announce any penalty to Gaffalione on its website. Forde speculated that if disciplined at all, Gaffalione would likely receive no more than a short suspension.

I knew what I saw~!

To follow up on last post^^

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Jockey Tyler Gaffalione was fined $2,500 Friday for “touching a rival with his left hand” near the finish of the 150th Kentucky Derby.

The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's ruling was posted on its website. Gaffalione was aboard Sierra Leone, who finished second behind Mystik Dan. The jockey touched Forever Young, who finished third at Churchill Downs last weekend.

Fullscreen button

Jockey Tyler Gaffalione riding Sierra Leone, left, reaches toward Ryusei Sakai riding Forever Young as they head to the finish line to finish second and third respectively in the 150th running of the Kentucky Derby horse race at Churchill Downs Saturday, May 4, 2024, in Louisville, Ky. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

Jockey Tyler Gaffalione riding Sierra Leone, left, reaches toward Ryusei Sakai riding Forever Young as they head to the finish line to finish second and third respectively in the 150th running of the Kentucky Derby horse race at Churchill Downs Saturday, May 4, 2024, in Louisville, Ky. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)© Provided by The Associated Press – Sports
Sierra Leone lugged in and bumped Forever Young three times in the stretch, but jockey Ryusei Sakai didn’t claim foul.

Chad Brown, who trains Sierra Leone, has said Gaffalione was trying to make room for his left-handed whip.

The stewards did not issue an inquiry on the race. However, they ordered Gaffalione to attend a film review of the race. The stewards, in their discretion, can take disciplinary action against a jockey following the review. The 29-year-old rider was fined, but not suspended.

Back
Top Bottom