Tell me about your indoor tent setup

Kopper1013

Sept Raffle Winner!
Reaction score
Hey y’all I’m moving closer to getting my tent going.

At this point I have:
1…5 x 5 AC infinity tent
This light
1…6” AC Infinity inline exhaust fan and carbon filter
And I just won a sweet humidifier!

Things I THINK I need:
3-4 oscillating fans
Some sort of control (ac infinity 69)
A heat source

I’m reaching out to y’all to get an idea of what I NEED or SHOULD have.
I’m soil growing for now. Probably 2-3 plants in 7-10 gal pots and plan to SCROG.
This obviously will be my first indoor attempt and rather start with all or most of the right equipment.

At this point I have:
1…5 x 5 AC infinity tent
This light

Things I THINK I need:
3-4 oscillating fans
A heat source

I’m soil growing for now. Probably 2-3 plants in 7-10 gal pots and plan to SCROG.
This obviously will be my first indoor attempt and rather start with all or most of the right equipment.
5 gallon would probably be enough
4 pole clip-on fans in each corner would be cool.
One exhaust
One intake
A radiator heater is handy

If you live in a drier place you can get away without a dehumidifier, I run 80sF and 70s RH flower, air flow keeps my mold away.

You could get a portable AC and that will work if you need to cool and or dehumidify at periods
2-in-1

Last edited:
Where will you be setting your tent up? Setting it up in a lung room seems to be the easiest way to control environmental parameters.

Do you have the ACI fan with the manual speed controller? If so I'd talk to ACI to see if their is a way to convert it so that it works with the controller. Seems to me the only difference is the speed control cable can be replaced with the cable that plugs into the controller. Controller 69 Pro or Pro+ would be my choice.

I'm not a big "fan" of clip on fans. I like running the Honeywell Turbo Force fans. The clip fans tend to die after a couple runs whereas the Honeywells just keep on doing their thing. I have one stationary and one oscillator. The stationary will go under the canopy and the oscillator will go just above canopy line.

I bought a small heater that I haven't tried out yet but it seems like it should do the job.

I have the smaller version of the humi you won. I love that thing. So will you. I have the Controller 67 so I can't plug my humi into my controller but the onboard does just fine. The clones I rooted are sitting in 77*/70% environment currently.

As @MDK mentioned the only other thing I can think of is a dehumidifier.

I have a similar setup with the 4x4 AC tent and exhaust. Like Roots said save your money and get the Honeywell fans. I have one of those on my floor in the tent and also have an old tower fan I stick in the tent if I have room and a couple old clip fans at the top that don't really do much the just don't last very long. Biggest and probably most important purchase I've added to my grow was a portable ac. You're most likely not gonna need it now, but come mid July and August you're gonna struggle indoors without one. In the winter I just use an oscillating tower fan with a heater built in to keep the lung room in the high 70s. Only other thing I can think of would be trellis nets, YoYos, bamboo stakes for support and this may seem minor but a cheap RO system is fantastic so you don't have to buy 10 gallons of distilled water every week at the grocery store to fill that humidifier.

I have a similar setup with the 4x4 AC tent and exhaust. Like Roots said save your money and get the Honeywell fans. I have one of those on my floor in the tent and also have an old tower fan I stick in the tent if I have room and a couple old clip fans at the top that don't really do much the just don't last very long. Biggest and probably most important purchase I've added to my grow was a portable ac. You're most likely not gonna need it now, but come mid July and August you're gonna struggle indoors without one. In the winter I just use an oscillating tower fan with a heater built in to keep the lung room in the high 70s. Only other thing I can think of would be trellis nets, YoYos, bamboo stakes for support and this may seem minor but a cheap RO system is fantastic so you don't have to buy 10 gallons of distilled water every week at the grocery store to fill that humidifier.
I have to buy 16 gallons of RO water / week to keep my humidifiers fed in the winter months. The problem with Cheap RO systems is the amount of waste water and the amount of filters and chemicals needed to get zero ppm RO water & they regularly need replacing. I bought one and after reading the owners manual after I got it I sent it back at my cost too.

I have a Dehumidifier also I bought last year for my curing it supposed to do 2500 square-foot my basement is only 1000 so hopefully that’ll keep up.

Tent is gonna be in my basement which with the lake across the street holds a consistent 70 degrees +/- 3 degrees summer vs winter.

What kinda Honeywell fans / size do y’all have? Honestly the clip-on’s seemed kinda cheap but I just figured that’s what everyone did to conserve space…

My exhaust fan came with a controller but it’s the cheap one so I was already considering the upgrade…

I have to buy 16 gallons of RO water / week to keep my humidifiers fed in the winter months. The problem with Cheap RO systems is the amount of waste water and the amount of filters and chemicals needed to get zero ppm RO water & they regularly need replacing. I bought one and after reading the owners manual after I got it I sent it back at my cost too.
My RO wastes 4 gallons for every 1 gallon cleaned. That surprised me for sure.

I have a Dehumidifier also I bought last year for my curing it supposed to do 2500 square-foot my basement is only 1000 so hopefully that’ll keep up.

Tent is gonna be in my basement which with the lake across the street holds a consistent 70 degrees +/- 3 degrees summer vs winter.

What kinda Honeywell fans / size do y’all have? Honestly the clip-on’s seemed kinda cheap but I just figured that’s what everyone did to conserve space…

My exhaust fan came with a controller but it’s the cheap one so I was already considering the upgrade…
I'm loving the 69 pro. I can check and control my tent from anywhere that has cell service or wifi. It controls my humidifier, heater, exhaust, and keeps everything super stable. With the right adapter it'll even control my SpiderFarmer light. Pretty cool little doodad for sure.

At this point I have:
1…5 x 5 AC infinity tent
This light

Things I THINK I need:
3-4 oscillating fans
A heat source

A couple things to keep in mind.
#1. I understand AC makes a good tent, but the 72" to 80" height can be a challenge. Does not sound like much but the extra 23" to 15" can be a life saver. This is why all the gorilla tents come with a 12" extension. All but the lite series I believe. All that extra space is plant space. I would really consider returning the AC and getting a gorilla if you have the time and money.
#2. I am a big fan of air movement. In a 5' x 5' I would have at least 1 oscillating 16" hurricane. While this brand has a really bad history in the grow community I have had excellent results with this brand 5 plus years I get out of them. I mount them in the tent using 3/4" EMT and 1" plastic conduit to make them adjustable. I mount the emt to the tent poles with a rubber hose mounting bracket. Ace sells them and nuts and bolt to make the attachment. I mount a 18" square piece of plywood to the plastic conduit with u bolts and mount the fan mount to the plywood. I use hose clamps to hold the EMT at the selected height. The 16" fans are kind of nice because they sort of are keeping the light at the right height away from the plants.
#3. I am pretty impressed with the AC clip fans, not cheap but move air well. I would probably do 4 of their none oscillating clip fans, they move some air on the higher settings. They would be mounted below the canopy for air movement.
#4 controller wise if you want an all in one I would go with either the AC stuff or Trolmaster. I run Trolmaster good products but not cheap. Money wise the AC is cheaper. Here is the most I have ran with the trolmaster AC, Humidifier, Dehumidifier, Lights, CO2, watering as well. I try to consider the consequences of problems occurring if I have a break down mid grow, had a couple and they are not fun to deal with. But I run the tents full, so to give you an idea I would have at least 9 plants in that 5' x 5' tent.
#5 If you have the ability to create a lung room that would be ideal. Trying to manage the heat you are going to have can be a challenge with such a small amount of cubic feet. Just about every piece of mechanical equipment is based on CFM (cubic feet per minute) and you only have about 160 Cubic Feet. Keep in mind if you do not have fresh air coming into the space you are going to need to supplement CO2.

Yeah I just use the cheap clip on fans to move air around the canopy

Got a 6-8inch Honeywell moving air around the bottom half of the 5x5

I think 16" in a 5 x 5 is a bit of overkill but then again you can't argue with the dank that Anthem produces.

I agree with the quality of the Hurricane 16" oscillators. I've heard plenty of complaints but those were always my fan of choice doing buildouts. I've never had an issue with them other than my dumbass bumping into them and wrecking the oscillator mechanism. Even with that you need to be pretty rough with them for them to break. I'm going to venture to say that the complainers probably bumped into t hem one time too many and broke the oscillator mechanism.

What I like about the Honeywells is their build quality. They seem pretty heavy duty and cost more or less the same as a stationary clip on fan.

Last edited:
I think 16" in a 5 x 5 is a bit of overkill but then again you can't argue with the dank that Anthem produces.

I agree with the quality of the Hurricane 16" oscillators. I've heard plenty of complaints but those were always my fan of choice doing buildouts. I've never had an issue with them other than my dumbass bumping into them and wrecking the oscillator mechanism. Even with that you need to be pretty rough with them for them to break. I'm going to venture to say that the complainers probably bumped into t hem one time too many and broke the oscillator mechanism.

What I like about the Honeywells is their build quality. They seem pretty heavy duty and cost more or less the same as a stationary clip on fan.
Honestly if you can get the plants to take under 16" with say a gavita 1700e, Fluence Spyder 2I or HLG Diablo you know more than I do. I would say 18 to 20" is the sweet spot for a true 650 watt led, if it is on parr.. I have no idea how they plan on using the high wattage PPFD lights. Maybe like week 3 to 5.5 maybe but that would be it IMO.

This is why all the gorilla tents come with a 12" extension. All but the lite series I believe. All that extra space is plant space. I would really consider returning the AC and getting a gorilla if you have the time and money.
Dont forget to think about others ceiling height.
I cant set a GGT with extension up in my house, i can only fit an 80" tall tent. So i didnt spemd 300+ on a 4x4 and went with all AC Infinity and do not regret it at all. The ACI tents have thicker fabric, thicker/stronger tent poles, and my aci tents dont wobble all over like my other brand tents did/do.

Dont forget to think about others ceiling height.
I cant set a GGT with extension up in my house, i can only fit an 80" tall tent. So i didnt spemd 300+ on a 4x4 and went with all AC Infinity and do not regret it at all. The ACI tents have thicker fabric, thicker/stronger tent poles, and my aci tents dont wobble all over like my other brand tents did/do.
I’m in the same boat as you my basement ceiling only has about 7” above my tent 🤷🏼‍♂️ Went as big as I could

I’m in the same boat as you my basement ceiling only has about 7” above my tent 🤷🏼‍♂️ Went as big as I could
Yep same deal. 7 foot ceilings, and a basic GGT without the extension is 6'11" so it would fit, but i have popcorn ceilings so i know what the roof of my tent would look like in 4 months or less.
Also, what i spent on an aci 4x4 tent, t6 fan, and filter was still 20 dollars less than just the GGT 4X4.
I know that you get what you pay for, but i dont see the 200 dollar difference in a GGT, but ive also never seen one in person.

The ACI tents have thicker fabric, thicker/stronger tent poles, and my aci tents dont wobble all over like my other brand tents did/do.
Frame does not have the load capacity of Gorilla. Not stronger as it is rated for half the load
  • STRONGEST – Features a solid metal interlocking frame that is up to 2 – 5x stronger than any competitor’s grow tent frame. Gorilla Grow Tent frames are so strong they can hold up to 300 lbs.

Honestly if you can get the plants to take under 16" with say a gavita 1700e, Fluence Spyder 2I or HLG Diablo you know more than I do. I would say 18 to 20" is the sweet spot for a true 650 watt led, if it is on parr.. I have no idea how they plan on using the high wattage PPFD lights. Maybe like week 3 to 5.5 maybe but that would be it IMO.
So part of having a larger fan for more air movement is to reduce temperature? Didn't you say in a previous post that more air movement creates higher temperature?

Frame does not have the load capacity of Gorilla. Not stronger as it is rated for half the load
  • STRONGEST – Features a solid metal interlocking frame that is up to 2 – 5x stronger than any competitor’s grow tent frame. Gorilla Grow Tent frames are so strong they can hold up to 300 lbs.
Yeah but who needs to hang 300 lbs of gear in a grow tent lol.

Im cool with the aci tents, i got my 4x4 on sale at 149. The same size GGT is 379.99 before taxes.. just cant see where the big difference is man.

So part of having a larger fan for more air movement is to reduce temperature? Didn't you say in a previous post that more air movement creates higher temperature?
Yes the large fans move more air, Heat is a byproduct of the air movement. I just use temperature controls to deal with the added heat

Yes the large fans move more air, Heat is a byproduct of the air movement. I just use temperature controls to deal with the added heat
I don't think it matters how tall your tent is you'll outgrow it anyways. We have to learn how to control our enthusiasm and not be like at a buffet thinking Wow I can now fill my whole plate.

With intake and exhaust fans, top fans middle fans and lower fans, I have fans running 24/7 in a 5x5 and I need them all when the tent is full or not they all run. No Dead air spaces are allowed. I'd like to upgrade to have 2 corner top osculating but those small 6" fans are too expensive. I use 2- 8" osculating front corners and 1 - 8" osculating on the floor over the top of the pots

I don't think it matters how tall your tent is you'll outgrow it anyways. We have to learn how to control our enthusiasm and not be like at a buffet thinking Wow I can now fill my whole plate.

With intake and exhaust fans, top fans middle fans and lower fans, I have fans running 24/7 in a 5x5 and I need them all when the tent is full or not they all run. No Dead air spaces are allowed. I'd like to upgrade to have 2 corner top osculating but those small 6" fans are too expensive. I use 2- 8" osculating front corners and 1 - 8" osculating on the floor over the top of the pots
I have my tents setup with a ceiling at 7'11" never have I out grown that height and that included growing GMO

I have my tents setup with a ceiling at 7'11" never have I out grown that height and that included growing GMO
What about sideways? are you telling me you've never overloaded your rooms? Well now I've met one. You'll be on my list of special people now.........lol

What about sideways? are you telling me you've never overloaded your rooms? Well now I've met one. You'll be on my list of special people now.........lol
Obviously you are in a mood to try and create conflict. I do not need any of that today.

Chemicals in filters to get RO, NOPE wrong on that one.

Chemicals in filters to get RO, NOPE wrong on that one.
If you want Zero ppm you need chemicals in the unit I bought to get from 8 ppm to zero. 3 filters, plus a pre- filter and insert filters in the tubes, the more tubes the more filters.

mine was something like this one
1696534958579.png

Back
Top Bottom