Tropical Burst and Pineapple Fruz (Seed Junky Genetics)

MysticEpipedon

Herb Hitman
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
My current grow is at 5.5 weeks of flower, and I'm realizing I didn't start it soon enough. I'm not out of weed, but what I have left includes my least favorite phenos (and all phenos of Cinderella XX - the disappointment of my previous grow). So I, I...

HIT A DISPENSARY! Yeah, there, I said it. And now that I said it I'm more ashamed than ever, but it's too late to take the confession back now (he lied, as he contemplates the "post thread" button).

Seed Junky seems to sell not only seeds, but they must have grow ops in the different legal states, because these eighths were prepackaged in official Seed Junky packaging.

The first strain I tried was Tropical Burst, for which I have no genetic info. It's not listed on their site. The side of the package says it's a sativa, with 30.something% THC cannabinoids, and almost no CBD.

Scent: Distinctly not tropical, except there is a mix of terps that includes plenty of limonene. Also slightly piney and heavily funky/OG scent.

Taste: Nothing to crow about.

Potency: Something to crow about. It's in the Mystic Epipedon HLF zone (Holy Living Fuck).

Effects: Very uplifting, get-up-and-go, get it done weed (or meet an old friend, get high and chat it up for hours weed).

This shit is right up my alley. I don't think it will be possible to go back to my least-favorite jars.

So if you see this weed sold or seeds for this weed sold, I recommend you get it. I understand Seed Junky is insanely expensive for seeds, so don't raid the kid's college fund or anything.

I tried one other sativa, which was also fantastic but which rang my bell somewhat less, called Pineapple Fruz.

This one is listed on their site, but there is no genetic info on it. Also, they don't sell seeds for it, I guess it's a cut they sell out of their grow ops. THC cannabinoids (essentially THCa and THC) are at 34.22%.

Scent: Very tropical -- It reminds me of the Hawaiian of the old days -- multiple fruity scents and very pungent. Some background funk.

Taste: Smooth, sweet.

Potency: HLF zone. However, it can't cut through the buzz of the "weaker" (by THC percentage) Tropical Burst.

Effects: Also like the Hawaiian of the old days. This is more crazy-headed than the previous strain. It's not a "smoke then get shit done" weed, though I suppose you could. This is more of a party weed, or a sit around and watch a comedy weed.

I'd buy either one again, and since I have at least another 7 weeks before anything in my current grow is smokable, I probably will.

Super rad...I had a strain a while back called pineapple burst. Info I could find pointed to seed junky as the strain creator....wonder if it was a hybrid of the 2 you got goin? Shit was super tasty and stoney

Super rad...I had a strain a while back called pineapple burst. Info I could find pointed to seed junky as the strain creator....wonder if it was a hybrid of the 2 you got goin? Shit was super tasty and stoney
That sounds possible. Or the two I have going came from Pineapple Burst.

I've never had a pineapple smoke, it sounds interesting I'll have to see if I can work some into a future grow. I've tried some of the other fruits, like Banana & Blueberry but I haven't grown any of the new stuff or old as in Pineapple Express I guess I gotta get out more

My current grow is at 5.5 weeks of flower, and I'm realizing I didn't start it soon enough. I'm not out of weed, but what I have left includes my least favorite phenos (and all phenos of Cinderella XX - the disappointment of my previous grow). So I, I...

HIT A DISPENSARY! Yeah, there, I said it. And now that I said it I'm more ashamed than ever, but it's too late to take the confession back now (he lied, as he contemplates the "post thread" button).

Seed Junky seems to sell not only seeds, but they must have grow ops in the different legal states, because these eighths were prepackaged in official Seed Junky packaging.

The first strain I tried was Tropical Burst, for which I have no genetic info. It's not listed on their site. The side of the package says it's a sativa, with 30.something% THC cannabinoids, and almost no CBD.

Scent: Distinctly not tropical, except there is a mix of terps that includes plenty of limonene. Also slightly piney and heavily funky/OG scent.

Taste: Nothing to crow about.

Potency: Something to crow about. It's in the Mystic Epipedon HLF zone (Holy Living Fuck).

Effects: Very uplifting, get-up-and-go, get it done weed (or meet an old friend, get high and chat it up for hours weed).

This shit is right up my alley. I don't think it will be possible to go back to my least-favorite jars.

So if you see this weed sold or seeds for this weed sold, I recommend you get it. I understand Seed Junky is insanely expensive for seeds, so don't raid the kid's college fund or anything.

I tried one other sativa, which was also fantastic but which rang my bell somewhat less, called Pineapple Fruz.

This one is listed on their site, but there is no genetic info on it. Also, they don't sell seeds for it, I guess it's a cut they sell out of their grow ops. THC cannabinoids (essentially THCa and THC) are at 34.22%.

Scent: Very tropical -- It reminds me of the Hawaiian of the old days -- multiple fruity scents and very pungent. Some background funk.

Taste: Smooth, sweet.

Potency: HLF zone. However, it can't cut through the buzz of the "weaker" (by THC percentage) Tropical Burst.

Effects: Also like the Hawaiian of the old days. This is more crazy-headed than the previous strain. It's not a "smoke then get shit done" weed, though I suppose you could. This is more of a party weed, or a sit around and watch a comedy weed.

I'd buy either one again, and since I have at least another 7 weeks before anything in my current grow is smokable, I probably will.
I’m right there with ya I won’t have a room till spring and all I have is outdoor soooo just like you I made my way a few times I’ve learned to ignore names and marketing hype and find farms that I like - there cheap erb here but there’s not quality cheap smoke for sure. I just bought some for variety as well this seed junky pre roll is prolly the best preroll I’ve ever smoked but it’s $20 for 1 joint - and honestly my outdoor is prolly better

Then there’s these Tropicana cherry by butter pre rolls Xmas special buy one get one - smoked one gave the rest away . It’s a crap shoot man - almost forgot to mention anything I get free I give away you can guarantee it’s floor sweepings just my opinion of our local dispensary

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpeg
    IMG_0533.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
I’m right there with ya I won’t have a room till spring and all I have is outdoor soooo just like you I made my way a few times I’ve learned to ignore names and marketing hype and find farms that I like - there cheap erb here but there’s not quality cheap smoke for sure. I just bought some for variety as well this seed junky pre roll is prolly the best preroll I’ve ever smoked but it’s $20 for 1 joint - and honestly my outdoor is prolly better

Then there’s these Tropicana cherry by butter pre rolls Xmas special buy one get one - smoked one gave the rest away . It’s a crap shoot man - almost forgot to mention anything I get free I give away you can guarantee it’s floor sweepings just my opinion of our local dispensary
I grudgingly have to admit that dispensary weed is improving in MI, though not all commercial growers are improving. They just don't cure to the degree that I'd like, and I think the eighths I get are a little on the dry side. The Pineapple Fruz was one of the best smelling dispensary flower selections I've tried.

I've never had a pineapple smoke, it sounds interesting I'll have to see if I can work some into a future grow. I've tried some of the other fruits, like Banana & Blueberry but I haven't grown any of the new stuff or old as in Pineapple Express I guess I gotta get out more
Some, like Dynasty's Pineapple Fields, smell more like pineapple than pineapples. I can't recommend that strain, though, unless you grow out a whole pack and are prepared for a few loser plants to go along with the great ones. It's a pheno-hunt strain, moreso than average.

Back
Top Bottom