What is the LOUDEST cultivar you've ever grown or smoked??

Loudest I grew was still my 2012 mystery outdoor plants....when I was curing them inside you could smell them at the mailbox.

Loudest known strain for me lazy biker MC, but this Deathstar x Cherry moonshine from dragons flame is gonna give it a run for its money. Everytime I handle the deathstar x cm I get a skunky/rotten meat smell almost roadkill but not quite. Every plant in veg smells strong.

Loud strains of note though that I've had over the years

Ohio deathstar
Sensi star
Sour diesel
808 headband
Old school skunk (probably lost)
SFV og kush
Your loud lineup reminded me of the time I was taking care of a buddies grow. His mother room had the following cultivars. Deathstar, Alien OG, Skywalker OG, Yoda OG, Wookies Cookies among a few other strains I can't remember.

I asked him what he was up to and he took me to one of the dispensaries that he sold to. He had made an agreement with the dispensary owner to allow him to setup his own display area in the display case featuring his Star War themed "strains". Lost the grammar battle with him. He knew I hated when he would call them strains so he would do it just to rile me up! Fucker! LOL!

He said he was trying to establish a brand by running themed "strains" to get peoples attention. This was around the time Cali weed laws were still in limbo but starting to coalesce so everyone was trying to move from working on the down low to planting a flag in the industry.

I will add that Crescendo RB1 from Ethos was pretty rank.
I wasn't sure if it was a body odor/rot or what but it got tolerable after cure.
Pretty hard to be around while cutting and trimming.
Wife who does not partake was not a fan of it when I cleaned it in the house~!
She tolerates some stinky shit in close quarters like a car ride....
My eyes have actually watered late in flower in my room with some grows.
Couldn't last 2 minutes without stepping back out.

@Bandit420 i was just listening to the 707 Sha bud pot cast the other day and he was super hyped on the SFV og kush saying it's his favorite culti... strain. He said most dispos are selling Cali connection SFV cut that ain't proper SFV ....I almost bought a pack but I'm gonna look around more

You run em before?

If interested it's the very first 10 mins of the episode

@Bandit420 i was just listening to the 707 Sha bud pot cast the other day and he was super hyped on the SFV og kush saying it's his favorite culti... strain. He said most dispos are selling Cali connection SFV cut that ain't proper SFV ....I almost bought a pack but I'm gonna look around more

You run em before?

If interested it's the very first 10 mins of the episode

It's been a very long time since I grew that but yeah I remember a lot of CC haters at the time hating on it and pretty much everything CC put out but their stuff always did right by me. Swerve was the breeder of it for CC
I think most of it was just drama between breeders and I tuned it out. Whether that was "THE" sfvogk, IDK, but it was damn good pot. Just a very good high potent diesel at the end of the day IMO.

That CC cultivar lives on in GPS "Motor" strains. I have Motor Punch here and will be growing it next. It's parent is Motor Breath and I'm pretty sure MB was just a live wire pheno pulled from a sfvogk grow.

Nice, that's how I kinda remember it one of those strains I've had dozen or more times and only two or 3 times was kick ass ...

Tahoe og is another that was like that for me....lot of crap Tahoe...once in a blue moon it was god tier

Amazing to that we could have all these different ogs that have their own vibes

Nice, that's how I kinda remember it one of those strains I've had dozen or more times and only two or 3 times was kick ass ...

Tahoe og is another that was like that for me....lot of crap Tahoe...once in a blue moon it was god tier

Amazing to that we could have all these different ogs that have their own vibes

I have a Tahoe in my garden as we speak!
Same with PlatinumOG. I thought it was one of the worst I've had until I grew it for myself now it's top 5.
The most frustrating has been BananaOG. It runs anywhere from pure garbage to the best around. Literally banana strains make up the best and worst I've had but I still keep hunting them down because when they do hit it's an incredible flavor and high. A real total package cut is in there somewhere but it seems like I'll grow 4 trash bananas to 1 outstanding banana.

Just about anything crossed to Slurricane should be fruity. Golden Goat is very fruity, and will include citrus, as well.

There are a number of pineapple scented crosses and lemon crosses. The high limonene strains are known to be the best kind of weed you can possibly smoke, according to a local authority in my area.

I am sad to say, nothing I’ve grown has been loud enough to compare to what my memory tells me I used to smoke in the 70s and early 80s.
I stopped in the very early 90s, so might have missed the top of the mark, but I used to get some really great Pine and skunk smelling stuff back in my early days.

I really wish I had been in the habit of saving those seeds, they were few and far between when buying the good stuff, but that good stuff got me far more wasted that I can possibly get now!

Honestly it's been rather recent, this Glitter Bomb cut from CLTVTD.

unnamed (11).jpg

It's not a dank smell, but a super sweet blue berries, fruity pebbles mixed with lemon zest. Our neighbors love when we grow this strain. Despite having filters, it's still kinda loud around harvest. Garage really turns into the gas factory. With this one though we actually get compliments, rather than the usual 'must be getting close to harvest time?'

Ethos had a Chem OG or something like that that I did a number of years back. Most of you will remember, the "strain my wife threatened to leave me if I grew it again" strain........... it could be smelled at the bottom of my driveway from my room in the basement of my house!

image.jpg

That was discontinued, and I didn't save it for obvious reasons.........

Back
Top Bottom