When do I harvest these autos?

Pountre

Spliff Schemer
Reaction score
Hi! I planted these autoflowers from barney seeds ( 10 seeds random mix ), on the 1st of February, each picture is a different plant. My question is when should I harvest them? I feel like the one has more dense buds already and I will probably harvest it sooner than the other 2 but I don't know how long I approximately have. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_20240411_180829.jpg
    IMG_20240411_180829.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240411_180842.jpg
    IMG_20240411_180842.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240411_180850.jpg
    IMG_20240411_180850.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 9
I am sorry for the High statement, I think you as I, must watch the colas develop. See the size stop growing, Then put a,loop on the buds and suger leaf. See the color of the tricomes. Are the pistols orange,pink, or red? SS

They are about 4.5 ft. tall, but I thought AF flowers had 60-70 day seed to harvest time? Yet it has been 70 days and it's much slower? Did I maybe somehow stunt the growth?

What light cycle are you running?
Have you been feeding? What how often?
You have time to improve these plants production IMO.

Sorry guys, I’m just too lazy to write all of this. But, it’s an excellent guide to start with!

From my little experience with them I feel the flowering period is same as regular plants they'll just start flower quicker usually start in 3 to 5 weeks...then from there usually 65-70 days

70 days seed to harvest seems like a stretch but I could be wrong only grew 1 pack

Last edited:
I thought AF flowers had 60-70 day seed to harvest time?
Unfortunately this is a sales gimmick to get people to buy autos. Yeah they have their place and purpose, but all I see are cons with autos.

Cons:
Less potency, less yield, finicky as hell, not beginner friendly, harder to fix any issues, not worth cloning, just all around bad imo.

Pros: will literally grow anywhere.

Other than that I don't see many benefits to them when I could just run a photoperiod 12/12 from sprout or veg for 3-4 weeks and flip like an auto would do and get better buds 🤷🏻
Sorry to be so blunt and sound like a dick but I kinda hate autos at this point, I have a 3 pack I'm gonna put in my garden but I'm not expecting much lol.

What light cycle are you running?
Have you been feeding? What how often?
You have time to improve these plants production IMO.
Currently 16/24h, feeding only binova soil super mix NPK ( can't afford anything else atm ), 25ml/10l water, every 3-4 days I water each time with the fertilizer.

Unfortunately this is a sales gimmick to get people to buy autos. Yeah they have their place and purpose, but all I see are cons with autos.

Cons:
Less potency, less yield, finicky as hell, not beginner friendly, harder to fix any issues, not worth cloning, just all around bad imo.

Pros: will literally grow anywhere.

Other than that I don't see many benefits to them when I could just run a photoperiod 12/12 from sprout or veg for 3-4 weeks and flip like an auto would do and get better buds 🤷🏻
Sorry to be so blunt and sound like a dick but I kinda hate autos at this point, I have a 3 pack I'm gonna put in my garden but I'm not expecting much lol.
You can flip regular seeds so early? I am really a beginner haha thank you for this useful info!

From my little experience with them I feel the flowering period is same as regular plants they'll just start flower quicker usually start in 3 to 5 weeks...then from there usually 65-70 days

70 days seed to harvest seems like a stretch but I could be wrong only grew 1 pack
Ah so it's marketing, they say 70 days from seed to harvest usually with autos, but it's 70 days since start of flowering?

I am sorry for the High statement, I think you as I, must watch the colas develop. See the size stop growing, Then put a,loop on the buds and suger leaf. See the color of the tricomes. Are the pistols orange,pink, or red? SS

The trichomes are either milky/cloudy or still transparent, can't tell by eye and my only other source of some zoom is my camera but it isn't very good quality

Attachments

• IMG_20240411_224952.jpg
    IMG_20240411_224952.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 7
The trichomes are either milky/cloudy or still transparent, can't tell by eye and my only other source of some zoom is my camera but it isn't very good quality
You will need a jewelers loupe in order to see the color of your trichs.
Also notice that you have no color in your pistils and they have not drawn in. You are quite some ways off from harvest.

Here's a photo from my most recent grow, this was taken 10-14 days before i harvested. 20240315_221543.jpg
You'll see what CannaGranny was talking about with the pistils and how they'll turn color and shrivel back into the bud.

I usually run 10 weeks (70 days) from the start of flower.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom