When to harvest for highest THC video.

I'm gathering that you wanna harvest right as you're noticing amber trichs. I'm not a fan of sleepy weeds. I like to get weird 🙃

Buddy I want the terrified buzz that makes my heart race~!
I sleep fine, I still work like the common man.👊
I just feel as growers go I harvest early and feel very content with my results.
Already thinking about chop 2 days into short light..
You all have to get it?

Lot of smart guys here.
This just sounded like science someone would disprove or say yea to..

That being said I am not so sure the best buzz comes from THC alone.
I have always consumed the whole plant.
The smart guys know there is more than THC..

Buddy I want the terrified buzz that makes my heart race~!
I sleep fine, I still work like the common man.👊
I just feel as growers go I harvest early and feel very content with my results.
Already thinking about chop 2 days into short light..
You all have to get it?

Lot of smart guys here.
This just sounded like science someone would disprove or say yea to..

That being said I am not so sure the best buzz comes from THC alone.
I have always consumed the whole plant.
The smart guys know there is more than THC..
Yeah I was always annoyed by my friends in Colorado bragging about +25% buds. Like.. I don't care. I've never noticed a difference in content. I chase flavors.

If it all came down to THC content, lower leveled indicas wouldn't even be worth it, but some of my biggest "whoa" moments came from a heavy indica.

Yeah I was always annoyed by my friends in Colorado bragging about +25% buds. Like.. I don't care. I've never noticed a difference in content. I chase flavors.
Agree 100% man, some of my favorite strains are lowwww thc.
I grew blueberry fems from ILGM, they say its a 12% indica, but that shit rocked me man. Just a couple puffs in and i was stoned to the bone.

Man my phone barely even takes pictures. Im wicked jelly.

What phone do you have?
It's the Samsung s23 ultra. It's wild sometimes. It's a little irritating when you try to zoom in on something. It starts switching cameras which screws up the perspective and you lose what you were looking at. Other than that it's flawless.

I take a lot of artsy pictures so I always went with phones that have the best camera. I've had this one for a while now. I use the stylus at work A LOT to explain shit to my apprentices that can't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'll draw it on the prints or take a picture of the area and draw what I want done. Pictures with drawn on dimensions help a lot for questions coming from the office, too.

It's the Samsung s23 ultra. It's wild sometimes. It's a little irritating when you try to zoom in on something. It starts switching cameras which screws up the perspective and you lose what you were looking at. Other than that it's flawless.
Sick, ive wanted that phone since it came out.
i have the s20 FE from 2 years ago, it does that same thing you just said yours does when zooming in.
If i clip my macro lens on i cant zoom past 3x or it jumps back and forth between the middle and bottom camera. This phone is a total pile of shit aside from the fact its like indestructible.
May just be going back to Apple.... the 14 pro max is dope, and has a wicked sick camera too.

I take a lot of artsy pictures so I always went with phones that have the best camera. I've had this one for a while now. I use the stylus at work A LOT to explain shit to my apprentices that can't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'll draw it on the prints or take a picture of the area and draw what I want done. Pictures with drawn on dimensions help a lot for questions coming from the office, too.
I still have my old Note 8 banging around but have been eyeing an S23 or their Fold for replacement but folding screens just make me nervous. Supposedly they've fixed whatever issues they were having before but for now I think I'll stick to solid screens.

So you like your S23? I like Android phones.

I still have my old Note 8 banging around but have been eyeing an S23 or their Fold for replacement but folding screens just make me nervous. Supposedly they've fixed whatever issues they were having before but for now I think I'll stick to solid screens.

So you like your S23? I like Android phones.
This phone is pretty sweet, yeah. My lady has the flip 4 and she loves it.

I think I'll be able to use my phone's camera instead of a loupe
View attachment 20030
that shits on a loupe.better overall pic of the bud instead of looking everywhere through a tiny lense adjusting to view..I hate them.I don’t even bother most times now.I’d love to b viewing pics like that above..that bud right there would rip you a new one 😆

that shits on a loupe.better overall pic of the bud instead of looking everywhere through a tiny lense adjusting to view..I hate them.I don’t even bother most times now.I’d love to b viewing pics like that above..that bud right there would rip you a new one 😆
It's all in the grove bags now. I'm waiting to hear that I'm hired for the new job before I sample it. I'm gonna be blasted so I'll really only be able to comment on the taste. 50ish days sober so even some reggie would probably smoke my ass right now.

I have the s21 ultra. I don't see a need to upgrade yet.

That's the one I saw I was trying to find for Moe, it came to me when I saw him chop a 5 week old bud, ah yes I remember that moment. It was in my grey filing cabinet under the wrong file name. I was sure it was either Dr.B.B or Mr. Grow it
I got ya.

I wish I could see the data to back this up. The reports might help me to explain this next bit. Sadly they are behind a pay wall.

My basic point is this - THC does not peak at the same time as other cannabinoids.

What that means is the racy high you feel on early weed is primarily THC. Harvest early if you like that, after the first few amber trichs show up on buds (not leaves) for highest THC.

What my experience has me believing is that complexity comes after that point. You sacrifice a little THC to enable other cannabinoids to appear. CBN is not made by the plant, period. It is a decay product of THCa. So to have CBN measurable in the bud, you gotta kill some THC.

Similar with CBG. This is the precursor molecule made by the plant which becomes THCa or CBDa based on genetics. The CBG that the plant makes is only really detectable as a spike once you stop making THC. Stated differently, I have seen a spike in CBG once the trichs get amber.

When I was growing for THCv I found incredibly long flower times a necessity to get it to be measurable.

Summation - Harvest early for peak THC % by weight, harvest later for a more complex weed (whatever the genetics are capable of) which is also typically a larger harvest by weight by waiting.

Having grown the highest THC content tested in a Missouri State Lab to date, Future 1, @37.020 I can say this..
I expected top shelf mind bending bud. I was sooooo disappointed. Now to be fair, other people love the hell out of it. Not me. Not the smell, the taste, nor the buzz.
I harvested this plant with one hundred percent milky trichs. Perhaps it would have ran even higher had I took it when they were clear.
I have found that even an 18 percenter or lower with a healthy dose of thca just as good. A high THC content with equally high thca content works for me too.
People are completely mislead about THC content. It’s a combination of things. That’s where the magic hides.

Last edited:
Having grown the highest THC content tested in a Missouri State Lab to date, Future 1, @37.020 I can say this..
I expected top shelf mind bending bud. I was sooooo disappointed. Now to be fair, other people love the hell out of it. Not me. Not the smell, the taste, nor the buzz. I harvested this plant with one hundred percent milky trichs.
I have found that even an 18 percenter or lower with a healthy dose of thca just as good. A high THC content with equally high thca content works for me too.
People are completely mislead about THC content. It’s a combination of things. That’s where the magic hides.
Most of the time, high THC just is going to make me cough or my throat hurt.

My happiest zone has always been upper teens to lower twenties.
Doesn’t mean I don’t smoke stronger stuff, maybe even some of my own, I just know it’ll make me cough.

"how many Terps does it have though bro"

Dispensaries hyper focused on THC (and the fact that companies are in cohorts with labs to cheat numbers)are a plague to cannabis 🤣

So, if this video has reliable information and 8 week old buds do have a higher THC content and he clipped the top buds would lower buds harvested from a 10 week old plant be at an 8 week equivalent in age? Giving them a Higher THC content than the tops?....................Moe? Aqua? come on someone tell me all my larf is super weed, I got a shit ton off my Sour D

When I was able to grow outdoors we would harvest each spot in 3 different phases.
It did allow for better development of lower buds IMO.
With growing indoors and trying to time proper dry, I accept taking the lower buds as is and believe the difference in terps contribute to the entourage effect.

Back
Top Bottom