Who has and uses an electric bowl trimmer?

freezeland

August's Contest Winner 🏆
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
I have to be honest I’m a little skeptical of these bowl trimmers. I usually live trim my plants and chop and hang. So when the time comes after drying I just shuck my buds off the stems incased in their sugar leaves. I save any trimming for time of consumption if it’s needed.

So you guys that use these bowl trimmers, don’t you lose a good bit of the resin heads using them? Seems trimming to me and all that hassle of manicuring bud is to make it pretty which I could give two shits about.

But having said all that if I were to try a bowl trimmer it would have to be electric. So who has one and opinion of it please.

I sold mine. If you were running a huge operation maybe. For a home grow, not so much. If the weed is just a bit too dry, you may as well smash it to powder with your hands. I was not impressed and was sorry I spent the money.

I have to be honest I’m a little skeptical of these bowl trimmers. I usually live trim my plants and chop and hang. So when the time comes after drying I just shuck my buds off the stems incased in their sugar leaves. I save any trimming for time of consumption if it’s needed.

So you guys that use these bowl trimmers, don’t you lose a good bit of the resin heads using them? Seems trimming to me and all that hassle of manicuring bud is to make it pretty which I could give two shits about.

But having said all that if I were to try a bowl trimmer it would have to be electric. So who has one and opinion of it please.
I've seen reviews that claim they work great at first then get gummy and are hard to clean. I've never had one I was also interested at a time.

I'm the same as you I wet trim then hang to dry, I clean off the buds in seconds by grabbing a branch at the base and ripping all the buds off with one swipe with my thumb & hand, then bag it and I'm done....

I just toss the crumbs, I've enough stuff I just toss everything I don't jar/ bag....I know its a waste but I just can't be bothered with it, I've enough to cook with and smoke

I've seen reviews that claim they work great at first then get gummy and are hard to clean. I've never had one I was also interested at a time.

I'm the same as you I wet trim then hang to dry, I clean off the buds in seconds by grabbing a branch at the base and ripping all the buds off with one swipe with my thumb & hand, then bag it and I'm done....

I just toss the crumbs, I've enough stuff I just toss everything I don't jar/ bag....I know its a waste but I just can't be bothered with it, I've enough to cook with and smoke
Kinda my sediment exactly.

I sold mine. If you were running a huge operation maybe. For a home grow, not so much. If the weed is just a bit too dry, you may as well smash it to powder with your hands. I was not impressed and was sorry I spent the money.

I have a hand crank style bowl trimmer and my experience is pretty much as @CannaGranny stated. Mine has 2 different types of blades. One for wet trim and the other for dry trim. No matter what blade you use, the machine is too aggressive and trims off much more than it should. I'd have been better off not making the purchase.

My wife and I prefer a good wet manicure before drying. It's time consuming to say the least but the end result is much better.

I have one of these for after drying if I don't want to cut anymore.
1689431571422.png
Also one made for a 5g bucket.
1689431804314.png
They work if you are just removing dry bud from branches, no real big advantage otherwise besides cheap.

For the last 3 years we've bean using a hand crank bowl trimmer. I trim wet.
I had a stroke 2years ago that affected me physically and my wife has arthritis. A average yield for us is running 1.5 to 2.5 lbs per plant and thats just too much for us to hand trim.

All we grow is personal so a nice frosty nug isnt my goal, our goal is to get it done.

We can finish a single plant in about 2 hours. Doing it by hand would probably take 2 days

For the last 3 years we've bean using a hand crank bowl trimmer. I trim wet.
I had a stroke 2years ago that affected me physically and my wife has arthritis. A average yield for us is running 1.5 to 2.5 lbs per plant and thats just too much for us to hand trim.

All we grow is personal so a nice frosty nug isnt my goal, our goal is to get it done.

We can finish a single plant in about 2 hours. Doing it by hand would probably take 2 days
If I were in your shoes, I'd most likely be doing the same. Trimming by hand becomes a bit of a strain on my neck and back after a while, but its nothing that a short break can't get me through before I am ready to go again.

I still have my trimmer. It's only used a couple of times. I intend to keep it but at this time its gathering dust on a shelf.

I've tried almost all methods of power trimming from salad bowls to knock off Twisted Trimmers.
The best IMO are found by searching key words Electric Bud Trimmers, Electric Scissors, Bonsai Hero, HygroHub, and Trim Daddy.
Cost will range anywhere from $180-$250.

Today I have three Bonsai Hero Testerossas and prime day had the Hygrohubs on sale with a $10 coupon so I ordered those since my BH's are getting close to ten years old and two of my pair I bought used off ebay some time ago

These things take all the fatigue out of trimming and give a scissor close trim without beating the snot out of buds and robbing trichs.
I trim six plants, all 3-5 feet tall and wide, in about 2 hours and that's with still using hand snips for prized colas

View attachment IMG_5098.MOV

Local grow show had these. Didn’t buy…

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
I've tried almost all methods of power trimming from salad bowls to knock off Twisted Trimmers.
The best IMO are found by searching key words Electric Bud Trimmers, Electric Scissors, Bonsai Hero, HygroHub, and Trim Daddy.

Today I have three Bonsai Hero Testerossas and prime day had the Hygrohubs on sale with a $10 coupon so I ordered those since my BH's are getting close to ten years old and two of my pair I bought used off ebay some time ago

These things take all the fatigue out of trimming and give a scissor close trim without beating the snot out of buds and robbing trichs.
I trim six plants, all 3-5 feet tall and wide, in about 2 hours and that's with still using hand snips for prized colas

View attachment 13403

They make those cordless?

I have one of these things. Not sure which brand. It was about $500.00. I bought it for hemp bud trimming. These work good for trimming a ton of weed fast. You still have to touch up with scissors but they work well. I have not need for this thing now so if someone wants it I would be willing to trade for good seeds or a good light.

Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 10.06.44 AM.png

View attachment 13403

I'm sold......beauty.....thats da kin brah.....its like my electric coffee grinder for my weed....where have you been all my life?.....

View attachment 13403

1689444389107.png

They make those cordless?

Not from what I've seen. I'm not sure cordless would be good here though. Lightweight and balanced is key so not having a battery keeps them light with no fatigue. But if you try to use something like cordless grass shears that weigh a little over 1lb., fatigue sets in kinda quick managing both the balance and it's weight around the buds.
The cord isn't too bad. It's 8' long and I work with it coming up from behind me under my arm so it's always out of the way

And cordless grass shears do work! They're kind of a blunt way to go about it so you can't get a close up manicure like electric snips but they can take the majority of trim off a plant.
I have the Homelite cordless from back when I had outdoor plants and I could pretty much mow the fans leaves off with the shears

homelite.jpg

Not from what I've seen. I'm not sure cordless would be good here though. Lightweight and balanced is key so not having a battery keeps them light with no fatigue. But if you try to use something like cordless grass shears that weigh a little over 1lb., fatigue sets in kinda quick managing both the balance and it's weight around the buds.
The cord isn't too bad. It's 8' long and I work with it coming up from behind me under my arm so it's always out of the way

And cordless grass shears do work! They're kind of a blunt way to go about it so you can't get a close up manicure like electric snips but they can take the majority of trim off a plant.
I have the Homelite cordless from back when I had outdoor plants and I could pretty much mow the fans leaves off with the shears

View attachment 13415
Have you looked at speedee trimmers? You can get different blades for different functions and they are cordless

I use to use one of these to trim dry outdoor. Didn't work on pumkins but worked pretty well on the outdoor.
Screenshot_20230715_162608_Chrome.jpg

Bit cheaper, lol
I don't know how it would work on indoor.i trimmed a shitload of dry outdoor with it.what you bought looks amazing. I used to able to have 3 pound days with this and some good snips.the outdoor was nice and dry though I don't think it would cut wet leaves or kinda wet even.you should be able to tear it up with that deal you bought.

I don't know how it would work on indoor.i trimmed a shitload of dry outdoor with it.what you bought looks amazing. I used to able to have 3 pound days with this and some good snips.the outdoor was nice and dry though I don't think it would cut wet leaves or kinda wet even.you should be able to tear it up with that deal you bought.
I got the hammerhead blade for wet / live trimming and the p2 blade for any dry trimming that might be need after drying. I’ll give a review after I get it. I got a few harvests coming up so it will get a work out.

View attachment 13403

Have u tried this Mr. Pen- Electric Scissors with 2 Blades, 3.6V, Cordless Electric Scissors for Cardboard, Electric Box Cutter, Cardboard Cutter Electric, Electric Shears, Box Cutter Electric https://a.co/d/5nzTJlp

IMO, bowl trimmers work best with wet trim. For me their main function was to remove the water leaves and secondary leaves quickly leaving fine trimming as the only thing that has to be done. Never noticed much of a difference as far as trichome heads getting knocked off but probably because I would wet trim using the salad bowls.

It was good for me as I was running a small warehouse producing close to 20 P a run so hand trimming was out of the question.

Someone told me a trim bag worked well for dry trimming.

So I got to try that Speedee cordless trimmer. I like it and would recommend if you trim a lot of plants. Wet trimmed and chopped 7 plants to hang in an hour and a half. Would have been faster if I didn’t have to deal with a trellis net too.

Back
Top Bottom