24-48 hours darkness before harvest

On the original question, I'll go against the grain and say that you should harvest at the end of a light cycle.
Friends that have a very successful licensed grow tested this and found that terpenes are only produced when the plant is actively photosynthisizing, after the lights go off the plant stops producing terpenes and begins to off gas those terps. Levels of terps were highest on plants left under 24 hrs of light before harvest

On the original question, I'll go against the grain and say that you should harvest at the end of a light cycle.
Friends that have a very successful licensed grow tested this and found that terpenes are only produced when the plant is actively photosynthisizing, after the lights go off the plant stops producing terpenes and begins to off gas those terps. Levels of terps were highest on plants left under 24 hrs of light before harvest
That's exactly the opposite of what i thought and what this thread is asking. Interesting!

This molasses thing sure got weird in a hurry. I only made a casual comment. I didn't expect to discuss molasses in this thread and wasn't seeking advice. I also wasn't advocating its use. I used it because I read about it in another thread, and, as I initially wrote, I'm curious about it. All I did was add two tablespoons to one watering for one plant. I can't go back in time to remove it from the soil. I didn't think it would be such a big deal. I still have some questions, but I promise not to discuss them here.

Thanks. I'm a woman.

We all come from diverse backgrounds and our life circumstances are varied. I don't know why people are so suspicious of me. I'm just living my life. Like everyone else, I have my challenges. I'll admit that I'm hesitant to be open about my life. I have my reasons. I hope those reasons will be respected. @Moe.Red, I'll PM you.

I don't know how many here are worried about Logic, but I think it would be best if people avoided overt suspicions. He can't harm anyone here. Suspicion of ordinary members will do more harm to this forum than he could ever do. I believe I was among the first to be invited here by @Moe.Red, but I didn't understand the situation, so I hesitated. Then his PM to me was deleted and I couldn't remember the name of this site. People shouldn't read too much into that. I had only been a member of that forum for about 8 months and that was my first cannabis forum. I was confused. It's that simple.
I'm there now, yep, 1st. forum TH, and I am a peaceful brother. I do get frustrated, upset, working in the medical field, ect. But we are "examples" of growers in this new community who have little understanding of "Our World", working together we must. Try an remember to set an example to the un-educated. SS

I agree, the thca and terps are defence mechinism, spelling, but I harvest 1-2 hr. after "wake up" full light, or 80% in my 4x4 450w. Philzon. SS

Back
Top Bottom