2Bad’s 2nd Dry Amendments Grow!

Yeah for sure would add but I haven't yet. Honestly it is likely only because I haven't had any need for anything else yet. I had a handful of gnats each grow but this one and few grows back a couple silvertails, but I don't even think they are harmful. I have seen people use DE with much success though. Just last night was watchin on FB and a couple had like 10 plants outside and dude was using DE in a bag with small holes and "smokin" them with the dust. All over the leaves and such and also the top soil. Pretty sure it also has other benefits to the soil.

Yes DE also breaks down into silica for soil grows :)

Diatomaceous earth is made from the fossilized remains of tiny, aquatic organisms called diatoms. Their skeletons are made of a natural substance called silica.

Yes DE also breaks down into silica for soil grows :)

still a rookie to all this but, DE is useless after you water.
once it gets wet it loses effects.
so if you do use it, let the top of the soil dry before re-appling
and make damn sure you are wearing a mask at the minimum.
with fans turn off

Last edited:
with fans turn off
this. for real don't skip the mask and fans part. that stuff is fine like talc and will screw up your sinuses real quick like. i've used it to treat houses for fleas, bed bugs, ants... basically any pest. it's damn effective but also unforgiving if you breathe it in.

with fans turn off
Shit I toss the stuff into the fans so it covers every inch of the greenhouse. I do wear a mask tho

Man I love this hobby

Attachments

• IMG_9944.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 10
Looking awesome bud! Killin' it in veg so far

ps use this button to attach photos to your post, and then "insert image" after it's been attached :geek:

1687809929012.png

Quite sad today.. day 49 and i'm starting to see some foxtailing for my first time ever. I had no more height after stretch =/ along with 85-95F temps. So today I lowered the light intensity hoping they'll calm their tits.

You have to try to lower plant temps bro… increase airflow through the plants. Lower the humidity to further increase transpiration rates onto of forced evaporation

Room temps are one element that effect plant temps but there are things you can do to help lower plant temps.

At those temps you may not get them as low as you want but can atleast improve them significantly.

There are many that run room temps from 80-90f on purpose.

Ideally when you increase transpiration you want to decrease nutrient concentration but you can’t really do that well in your situation. None the less give a bit more run off to help lower available nutrients after making some adjustments.

Do you have an IR temp gun and what are the plant temps. TKe reading from all o er the plants and gove a range if you can

You have to try to lower plant temps bro… increase airflow through the plants. Lower the humidity to further increase transpiration rates onto of forced evaporation

Room temps are one element that effect plant temps but there are things you can do to help lower plant temps.

At those temps you may not get them as low as you want but can atleast improve them significantly.

There are many that run room temps from 80-90f on purpose.

Ideally when you increase transpiration you want to decrease nutrient concentration but you can’t really do that well in your situation. None the less give a bit more run off to help lower available nutrients after making some adjustments.

Do you have an IR temp gun and what are the plant temps. TKe reading from all o er the plants and gove a range if you can
You think I should lower the humidity with high temps?

I was thinking the opposite im so dumb lol although the humidity has been low.

I dont have a temp gun

Thank you for the tips Aqua :)

I dont have a temp gun

If its low already then leave it and increase airflow through the plants… you want to have good air flow to the underside of the leaves. Yeah it may slighty stress them but it will be less than the stress from the heat.

If its low already then leave it and increase airflow through the plants… you want to have good air flow to the underside of the leaves. Yeah it may slighty stress them but it will be less than the stress from the heat.
Oh yea no i blast them with wind I figured it would help with the heat. and the humidity has been around 40's.

edit: Ik the light is at like 16inches cus the stretch was way more then I intended. So it was at 90% intensity now its at like 60% after today.

Oh yea no i blast them with wind I figured it would help with the heat. and the humidity has been around 40's.

edit: Ik the light is at like 16inches cus the stretch was way more then I intended. So it was at 90% intensity now its at like 60% after today.
Good plan… just make sure the wind is below the canopy and not over or blowing down on them

I dont have a temp gun

Pew pew

LeafST will be within 1-5 degree difference than ambient with LEDs afaik so far.

Ambient > 83f
leafST around 78-80 or so.

Pew pew

LeafST will be within 1-5 degree difference than ambient with LEDs afaik so far.

Ambient > 83f
leafST around 78-80 or so.
Yup but with forced evaporation and gigh transpiration they can be as much as 10f cooler

Good plan… just make sure the wind is below the canopy and not over or blowing down on them
Does this apply to an oscillating fan? I have a fan below the canopy line and another above blowing air across the top of the canopy. Apart from windburn what is the detriment that can happen? You mentioned airflow being important on the underside of the leaves. I'm guessing this is because of the transpiration that happens here rather than the photosynthesis happening on the tops of the leaves? Would it be best to position the ceiling fan lower so that it sweeps across the top of the canopy rather than over it?

View attachment oscillating fan.mp4

Does this apply to an oscillating fan? I have a fan below the canopy line and another above blowing air across the top of the canopy. Apart from windburn what is the detriment that can happen? You mentioned airflow being important on the underside of the leaves. I'm guessing this is because of the transpiration that happens here rather than the photosynthesis happening on the tops of the leaves? Would it be best to position the ceiling fan lower so that it sweeps across the top of the canopy rather than over it?

View attachment 16379
Aorflow iver the canopy is meaningless unless pushing heat from HID lights away… for some reason ppl are still doing this with LED. Your 100% bang on the leaves t from the underside and thats why it’s important to have the airflow under and through the canopy… to carry away the humidity that the leaves produce or you end up with unfavourable micro climates. I can expand on this later if you like but in off to a wedding rehearsal so will be a few hrs

Ok the humidity that’s important is the humidity directly at the underside of the leaf not the room. This is where the leaves exchange water vapour and gases.

You can have perfect humidity in your room and not ideal airflow. Literally say 55% room but when you measure it inside the plants it can be 80% or higher leading to issues caused by improper VPD. That can cause nutrient uptake issues and especially an environment thats favourable to mold, bacteria and fungi infections.

Many don’t realize how big this difference can be.

This is why its absolutely the most important to have airflow through and under the plants and use good pruning techniques.

Try turning your fans off and put a hygrometer inside them for 5 min. I bet you will be surprised how much it rises.

If you have dense plants and low airflow through you will be able to see this also. Thats why its a good idea to take random readings in the plants every so often to ensure this does not happen.

Airflow over top of the plants is really of no benefit unless using HID for the radiant heat they produce

Ok the humidity that’s important is the humidity directly at the underside of the leaf not the room. This is where the leaves exchange water vapour and gases.

You can have perfect humidity in your room and not ideal airflow. Literally say 55% room but when you measure it inside the plants it can be 80% or higher leading to issues caused by improper VPD. That can cause nutrient uptake issues and especially an environment thats favourable to mold, bacteria and fungi infections.

Many don’t realize how big this difference can be.

This is why its absolutely the most important to have airflow through and under the plants and use good pruning techniques.

Try turning your fans off and put a hygrometer inside them for 5 min. I bet you will be surprised how much it rises.

If you have dense plants and low airflow through you will be able to see this also. Thats why its a good idea to take random readings in the plants every so often to ensure this does not happen.

Airflow over top of the plants is really of no benefit unless using HID for the radiant heat they produce
One of the benefits I was told in regards to having a fan sweep across the top of the canopy is to mimic nature and to help strengthen branches. Is this not true?

If air movement below and through the canopy line is what is most important then it would seem that an oscillating fan set at the same level of the canopy so that it blows through the canopy would be best. Also have it come from opposing sides so that wind speed doesn't die half way through the canopy and only half of the canopy gets the gas exchange benefit?

On this last grow I had a stationary fan in the corner mounted to the ceiling blowing directly down to the floor. I'm assuming when the air hit the floor it spread across the floor and as air pressure built up it pushed the air up through the canopy. Would this be a better air circulation strategy?

Last edited:
One of the benefits I was told in regards to having a fan sweep across the top of the canopy is to mimic nature and to help strengthen branches. Is this not true?

If air movement below and through the canopy line is what is most important then it would seem that an oscillating fan set at the same level of the canopy so that it blows through the canopy would be best. Also have it come from opposing sides so that wind speed doesn't die half way through the canopy and only half of the canopy gets the gas exchange benefit?

On this last grow I had a stationary fan in the corner mounted to the ceiling blowing directly down to the floor. I'm assuming when the air hit the floor it spread across the floor and as air pressure built up it pushed the air up through the canopy. Would this be a better air circulation strategy?
It all depends on your fan setup. No 2 rooms are the same. I try to make a cyclone type action with exhaust at the top and intake at the bottom.

Mixing fans at or under canopy level.

Wind that moves the plants can aid in them developing a stronger structure… it doesn’t matter if the air is at the top or under as far as that result. But silica will do far more for that imo

It all depends on your fan setup. No 2 rooms are the same. I try to make a cyclone type action with exhaust at the top and intake at the bottom.

Mixing fans at or under canopy level.

Wind that moves the plants can aid in them developing a stronger structure… it doesn’t matter if the air is at the top or under as far as that result. But silica will do far more for that imo
Perfect. You've helped me figure out my fan placement! Thank You!

It's starting to look like normal stacking. This strain i've grown 2 times before and it only took around 50-60 days to finish flower...
but with the lights closer this time around they're about 2 times the size and still swelling
... i'm assuming it's gonna take twice as long now lol

It's starting to look like normal stacking. This strain i've grown 2 times before and it only took around 50-60 days to finish flower...
but with the lights closer this time around they're about 2 times the size and still swelling
... i'm assuming it's gonna take twice as long now lol
You're complaining that you're getting bigger plants and more flower than last time? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom