ac infinity 6 inch clip on fan

budsofmadison

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
i just wanna know if 1 6 inch ac infinity clip on fan will be enough for a 4x4 at the canopy level ,
i plan on having and 6 inch ac infinity booster fan blowing fresher air into my tent at floor level, would that be enough air flow on the floor ?

i just wanna know if 1 6 inch ac infinity clip on fan will be enough for a 4x4 at the canopy level ,
i plan on having and 6 inch ac infinity booster fan blowing fresher air into my tent at floor level, would that be enough air flow on the floor ?
You might consider another clip on fan in the opposing corner blowing across the medium and bottom of plants. That booster fan is just supplying fresh air into the tent right across the floor?

You might consider another clip on fan in the opposing corner blowing across the medium and bottom of plants. That booster fan is just supplying fresh air into the tent right across the floor?
well i got a tower fan i could lay down on it side to blow air across the whole bottom of the tent

i cant spend any money right now so what i have will have to work , right now the clip on fan is in my 3x3 but i wanted to move it to my 4x4
Sometimes we just got work with what we got. That one fan across the canopy and 6” supply fan should be sufficient if the tent isn’t packed to full.

about to start again in my 3x3 and im only gonna have 3 plants in there so i wanted to put my tower fan back in the 3x3 and the clip on in the 4 x4

Air movement is super important no matter how you achieve it. Defoliate and don't let the plants get too crowded with too many fans and do what you can to keep your RH down until you get your fan situation squared away. You can get away with a higher RH and not get mold if you have enough air movement. You also have less of a risk of white powdery mildew the more air movement you can get in the tent.

I found a 36" tower fan w/ 90* oscillation/24ft/s airflow(Hmph...we'll see!)on Amazon for $10. It's on a slow boat from China...literally. I plan on setting it up in the corner of the tent and let it do double duty as both lower and upper canopy fan.

with that fan in that tent i could have 8 plants without that fan i could have 9 for me it's about floor space , plus as my plants got taller i had to raise the fan wal mart calls it a 22 inch tower fan that correct from the floor to the top of it the fan itself is only around 14 inches

same tent last grow with 7 plants
6766941_grow-journal-by-biggerbud420barneys-farmacapulco-gold_m.jpg
6766947_grow-journal-by-biggerbud420barneys-farmacapulco-gold_m.jpg
6897508_grow-journal-by-biggerbud420barneys-farmacapulco-gold_m.jpg

Gotcha!!! I usually have a corner open when I scrog so it should work out for me.

Other than floor space did you have any issues with the fan?

well i though it was the fan rubbing against the fan but the noise is back so i contacted ac infinity and there sending me a replacement
I'm glad you were able to get a replacement. My AC Infinity fan was making a noise like that, but I didn't contact the company. I discovered it doesn't do it's when level. I also moved it to my smaller tent so I could run it at slow speed.

I'm glad you were able to get a replacement. My AC Infinity fan was making a noise like that, but I didn't contact the company. I discovered it doesn't do it's when level. I also moved it to my smaller tent so I could run it at slow speed.
when you say db are you talking about noise level ? because this sounds like barring's and only does it when it turns to the right

when you say db are you talking about noise level ? because this sounds like barring's and only does it when it turns to the right
My fan's noise sounds like a rattle, like a loose part inside. It only does it when it's tilted downward. So, I moved it to my smaller tent where I can run it at a slow speed. I also keep it level. That has been working well for a month or so.

Something I've observed is small oscillating fan mechanisms tend to go bad when the fan is tilted down putting more pressure on the motor and mechanism. If they rub up against something it just accelerates the failure.

I've used the larger Hurricane oscillating fans and they seem to be able to stand up to most of the abuse but even they go bad after a while. I've taken apart these fans after they go bad and almost always it's because of the plastic parts they use for the mechanism.

Not sure what the actual failure rate is and if its worth it to fan companies to make their fans sturdier but if there are any fan companies reading this please revisit this issue and redesign the fans with the extra pressure in mind.

Even though it may cut into their immediate sales, finding a fan that has an oscillating mechanism that can stand up to the abuse would find a very large and deep market in the cannabis community.

I know the sound. Click, click, click. That's the sound of impending fan death!!! 😄 Probably one of the reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on an ACI fan.

I'm hoping the tower fan that's supposed to arrive any day now will alleviate that issue.

I know the sound. Click, click, click. That's the sound of impending fan death!!! 😄 Probably one of the reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on an ACI fan.

I'm hoping the tower fan that's supposed to arrive any day now will alleviate that issue.
i took the ac out of my 4x4 and put the tower fan back in there i felt it was better in the 4x4 maybe i would need there 9 inch fan in the 4x4
but in my 3x3 that fan blows fan except for that fckin woodpecker lol

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Honeywell Turbo fan that oscillates.

I've read good things about it and the no oscillating Honeywell Turbo fan I have works flawlessly. Just not sure how the oscillating mechanism will work if I turn it upside down to hang off the roof.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Honeywell Turbo fan that oscillates.

I've read good things about it and the no oscillating Honeywell Turbo fan I have works flawlessly. Just not sure how the oscillating mechanism will work if I turn it upside down to hang off the roof.
i have had a 12 inch desktop fan in the 4x4 a tower fan and the clip fan i like the tower fan best in that tent

Back
Top Bottom