Bandit on a Space Safari and I'm Hunting Unicorns

i saw that email right after i typed out that message.. i still have the tab open on my browser and it will be hard to say no... i've wanted a losi car for a while now so it might just be time!!!

funny man i always knew our bdays were real close just never knew the exact day.. we're two weeks apart mines friday the 27th. i'll be 52 and still getting toys too!!! :D

ya know though i'm still waiting on that pre order camaro from hendrics.. that and my koosi hasn't shipped, i wanted the koosi for 4th of july months ago!!! it was supposed to ship in april. so this late october date has me sketch...

Well I went down a rabbit hole and ordered the Truex car too. 🙃Figure I'll use a label maker and change the name on the window to Brisky 😋
Got to thinking and I can't race with just one car so my wife can drive the #5 and me the #19. I'd get her the #8 but I know she'd just drive it around in reverse all the time :ROFLMAO:
I ordered the 19 from Losi and they have the same preorder schedule as HMS so we'll see.
If they weren't Losi I'd probably pass but since your pig roast brought up memories of RC racing in Korea, it was always Team Associated and RC 10s vs Losi buggies my buddies had and those Losi cars were solid.
Now I'm at work looking at spots for tracks, already found a good paperclip spot, a speedway, and now I'm thinking of trying to build a replica of COTA in my backyard. Told you I went down a rabbit hole!

Busy AF but no way am I missing this grow. IN!

Right on Brother! Happy to have ya here for the show. It's gonna be a good one!!!

Ok brother, I got time to hear your opinion of the tester Irie skunk. That was ok I hope, but can you describe the "Haze" reference ? Iam not good with smells and taste because of chemo and radiation treatments, that simple. Sometimes I taste whiskey's to help my palate gain knowledge of terpines and smells and taste of say, cinnamon. Thanks brother. SS

Sure so haze is just another word for sativa or unusually potent sativa.
These strains hit me with a creeper effect. Meaning I can start smoking a joint and not really feel much to start then about midway thru I realize I'm way too high.
Along with that the effects are heady. I'll start thinking of and contemplating ideas, things to build, things to do to my grow room, want to listen to music, laugh at things, maybe binge watch a docuseries, go for hike or walk a beach etc.
Munchies will kick in and I'll want to cook and maybe even try a new recipe. After about two hours I crash hard and want to nap.

Indica or kush is very different. I feel effects immediately and the phrase "One hitter quitter" will apply.
The effects are pain numbing, slow reactions, heavy legs and feet, spaced out trains of thought easily distracted into another train of thought.
Slow giggles and munchies but I don't wanna cook and will more so look to dip cookies in milk.
I don't want to do much so rather than go for a walk on the beach I'd prefer to sit there and space out on the waves and the sound of them.

I consider Haze to be something to smoke for mental therapy medicinal effects and kush to me more of a narcotic pain relieving medicinal effect.
These different effects are why I try to grow both every grow and enjoy the effects both have to offer.

The haze will grow large buds that take a long time to ripen while the kush will grow smaller buds but usually 3-4 times as dense as haze and ripen much faster. The haze flowers will be spongy and kush firm like rocks.

Last edited:
Well I went down a rabbit hole and ordered the Truex car too. 🙃Figure I'll use a label maker and change the name on the window to Brisky 😋
Got to thinking and I can't race with just one car so my wife can drive the #5 and me the #19. I'd get her the #8 but I know she'd just drive it around in reverse all the time :ROFLMAO:
I ordered the 19 from Losi and they have the same preorder schedule as HMS so we'll see.
If they weren't Losi I'd probably pass but since your pig roast brought up memories of RC racing in Korea, it was always Team Associated and RC 10s vs Losi buggies my buddies had and those Losi cars were solid.
Now I'm at work looking at spots for tracks, already found a good paperclip spot, a speedway, and now I'm thinking of trying to build a replica of COTA in my backyard. Told you I went down a rabbit hole!

ya know man, me finding a place to drive it is the only thing holding me back from ordering one yet. i'd have to drive somewhere to use it. it's not like my crawler where everything outside is a playground. same reason i don't already own an R/C drag car.

thats so funny about getting your wife an 8 car!!! i bet you could find her a 1/12 scale model kit of the 8 and fit the body to the losi chassis.

Happy Birthday Brother!!! hope ya have an awesome day!!!!!!

Heck Yeah! Happy Birthday Bandito!

Happy birthday, may it be 4k. SS View attachment 72561

ya know man, me finding a place to drive it is the only thing holding me back from ordering one yet. i'd have to drive somewhere to use it. it's not like my crawler where everything outside is a playground. same reason i don't already own an R/C drag car.

thats so funny about getting your wife an 8 car!!! i bet you could find her a 1/12 scale model kit of the 8 and fit the body to the losi chassis.

Happy Birthday Brother!!! hope ya have an awesome day!!!!!!

Many thanks to old friends and new friends made along the way!!!

Man I've found so many cool places to drive these cars, all on campus, but you're right the biggest challenge will be the backyard track. There's also 2-3 RC car parks with tracks as well around town.
I wont replicate COTA but the track I build will be COTA inspired with that turn 1 up the hill in the back corner of the yard, some S's or chicane, a carousel, and a long speedy straight away up into turn 1.
I'll likely fall back on my teenage years of building half pipes and ramps for skating making it a sort of 3-4 foot wide deck track, water proof the wood, and surface it with outdoor carpet.
Do some landscaping around it and have the metal art too. It will probably end up looking like a mini golf course when done. Gonna be my winter project.
So it turns out Losi also has blank bodies available to customize and also a few upgrade parts too! So I might get sneaky and cheat by modifying the 19 so it always beats the 5 :ROFLMAO: :devilish::ROFLMAO:

Yep, today marks another trip around the Sun🚀☀️

40 is a distant memory but this old pirate's still kicking!

And my pirate treasure chest is looking great! 'Murica AF too!!🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

IMG_7774[1].jpeg

Started the day with a double shot of Cuban espresso. Like liquid booger candy😳

IMG_7778[1].jpeg

Birthday Squishes!!!

IMG_7780[1].jpeg

That damn NASCAR putting a big grin on my face today too. Man I love this sport!!!

bday.png

Last edited:
hope #3 is okay... i missed the injury play, stepped away from the tv for a minute and i thought it was from his hand then later saw it was a muscle pull. do you think it was just precautionary?

gotta say though they had a hell of a play drawn up for Arch when he stepped in.. looked like brett farve with the bootleg side arm!!! gun slingin it a few times!!!!! thats who the raiders need to hire in a few years!!!!

and man what a good race Briscoe had!!! made up like 28 playoff points or something like that!!! i think him and James Small will get along. he and truex butt heads quite a bit but so does everybody else with truex and just think he's tough to team with, briscoe's not like that. he's more of a team player than truex and i think he'll fit in very well on that team.

bristol saturday night!!!!!! i've been getting over pumped for night races for years now and Larson't track record at night isn't so hot so i'm hoping this week is a rare great finish!!!!!!! Bristol baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so ya know i have three WVU shirts and a hat... i now have more longhorn gear than any other team!!!!! you took over my closet man!!!!! :LOL::LOL:

Happy Birthday brother~! 🥳

Many thanks Buddy!
Overall it was a pretty good weekend!

hope #3 is okay... i missed the injury play, stepped away from the tv for a minute and i thought it was from his hand then later saw it was a muscle pull. do you think it was just precautionary?

gotta say though they had a hell of a play drawn up for Arch when he stepped in.. looked like brett farve with the bootleg side arm!!! gun slingin it a few times!!!!! thats who the raiders need to hire in a few years!!!!

and man what a good race Briscoe had!!! made up like 28 playoff points or something like that!!! i think him and James Small will get along. he and truex butt heads quite a bit but so does everybody else with truex and just think he's tough to team with, briscoe's not like that. he's more of a team player than truex and i think he'll fit in very well on that team.

bristol saturday night!!!!!! i've been getting over pumped for night races for years now and Larson't track record at night isn't so hot so i'm hoping this week is a rare great finish!!!!!!! Bristol baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so ya know i have three WVU shirts and a hat... i now have more longhorn gear than any other team!!!!! you took over my closet man!!!!! :LOL::LOL:

Brisky had himself a day for sure!!!
Yeah he's way different than Truex. I don't even think he swears. Like total church boy kinda deal but super laid back like he's high all the time. But yeah way cool and tough too. Racing with that broken hand and muscling thru some bad days at the track fighting a shitty car all day and doesn't whine about it at all.

Yeah QB1 has a strained ab muscle and Arch just came in and dazzled. Picked up SEC Freshman of the week honors with that performance. Now we're #1 in the country for the first time since 2008!!!
Yep that's how we do it with the swag bags buddy! I swamp my sister and her kids the same way. They'll walk around NorCal in their horns gear and get horns up, hook 'em, and people asking about it so don't surprised if you get the same. Or it could go bad and you get the hate! Could go either way. :ROFLMAO:

So yeah I had a little rocky start here and some attrition early on but things are taking shape

IMG_7801[1].jpeg

I went ahead and dropped some Los Angeles by GPS to germinate because I wanna see if I can do some things with the clone machine other than just clone.
Gonna see if I can pretty much make into a veg tent for both seedlings and clones.
Things could also open back up for perpetual farming especially with having the lifting tables and multiple lights. Lots of options available here.
The clone tent being aeroponic and all is pretty much like one of those As Seen On TV Aerogarden deals but a ton more baddass.
All the black collars are blank spaces and all the blue or green are true plant sites

IMG_7802[1].jpeg

Still gonna keep it organic and see if I can veg using K4L cloning powder, a few drops of 'Nova grow, and some kracken guano then just keep the hydro gumbo going indefinitely.
If bare root vegging works out for me I'll save a lot in time and resources not needing soil for vegging anymore or the3 work involved in starting a dozen or so sprouts off in soil

IMG_7809[1].jpeg

Changed up the lights a bit too so I have plenty of firepower in that department😋

IMG_7804[1].jpeg

And in other news...Just got the shipping confirmation on the #5 RC Car!!!🥳🤩🥳

Last edited:
Many thanks Buddy!
Overall it was a pretty good weekend!

Brisky had himself a day for sure!!!
Yeah he's way different than Truex. I don't even think he swears. Like total church boy kinda deal but super laid back like he's high all the time. But yeah way cool and tough too. Racing with that broken hand and muscling thru some bad days at the track fighting a shitty car all day and doesn't whine about it at all.

Yeah QB1 has a strained ab muscle and Arch just came in and dazzled. Picked up SEC Freshman of the week honors with that performance. Now we're #1 in the country for the first time since 2008!!!
Yep that's how we do it with the swag bags buddy! I swamp my sister and her kids the same way. They'll walk around NorCal in their horns gear and get horns up, hook 'em, and people asking about it so don't surprised if you get the same. Or it could go bad and you get the hate! Could go either way. :ROFLMAO:

So yeah I had a little rocky start here and some attrition early on but things are taking shape

View attachment 73096

I went ahead and dropped some Los Angeles by GPS to germinate because I wanna see if I can do some things with the clone machine other than just clone.
Gonna see if I can pretty much make into a veg tent for both seedlings and clones.
Things could also open back up for perpetual farming especially with having the lifting tables and multiple lights. Lots of options available here.
The clone tent being aeroponic and all is pretty much like one of those As Seen On TV Aerogarden deals but a ton more baddass.
All the black collars are blank spaces and all the blue or green are true plant sites

View attachment 73097

Still gonna keep it organic and see if I can veg using K4L cloning powder, a few drops of 'Nova grow, and some kracken guano then just keep the hydro gumbo going indefinitely.
If bare root vegging works out for me I'll save a lot in time and resources not needing soil for vegging anymore or the3 work involved in starting a dozen or so sprouts off in soil

View attachment 73099

Changed up the lights a bit too so I have plenty of firepower in that department😋

View attachment 73098

And in other news...Just got the shipping confirmation on the #5 RC Car!!!🥳🤩🥳
You definately can. On top of vegging in it from time to time, I've even popped seeds in it multiple times. I Just place the seed in the center of the clone collar and use your regular timer settings as you would for cloning . Then just wait and watch the tap root escape the bottom of the collar and go on the hunt for water. Try it, its worked out each time I've tried experimented with starting seeds in an aerocloner. Good luck!

You definately can. On top of vegging in it from time to time, I've even popped seeds in it multiple times. I Just place the seed in the center of the clone collar and use your regular timer settings as you would for cloning . Then just wait and watch the tap root escape the bottom of the collar and go on the hunt for water. Try it, its worked out each time I've tried experimented with starting seeds in an aerocloner. Good luck!

Thanks for the good words of encouragement buddy! I'm thinking seeds will be even easier than clones. So far I've got 4/4 popped and will be ready no later than 2 more days.

🔥

After setting up to do more than just propagate, the tent was running way too hot so I've been tinkering away at it since yesterday.
I removed the blurples then did a Grump and turned the tent into a cabriolet 😋

IMG_7813[1].jpeg

Had to get that driver out of there and a fan on that board. Thing runs at 100*F!
Now with it out and a fan blowing across it's only at 88.
The Ionboard light is impressive at least on the Pulse charts. I really doubt I'll ever take it past 6 with 4-5 being the wheelhouse on the dimmer. When I put the sprouts in I'll start it off on 1 then walk it up to 5.

🔥

Thinking about what to do here....Had a rough start mishandling a few sprouts and snapping tails off. Also, I didn't check my water and look like it's chemistry has changed with a really high pH and xtra 100ppm.
So I got the water corrected and have been nursing the herd along.
Got some keepers but with the veg tent coming along and waves of a perpetual plant factory assembly line on the mind I might cull a few more if they stay runts and drop more seeds or clone some of these

This herd is 14 days from dry seed

IMG_7814[1].jpeg

ah hell yeah!!! ya know with that white exhaust sticking out it kind of looks like a Mr. Fusion!!! :D

and now more head room to grow em taller in there!!!! i really like the flexibility you have this round, you're not really locked into anything yet and the sky's the limit!!!!!

did you get your cool cars today? not sure what kind of chargers they provide you with but if you're not happy with it i suggest a venom charger, this model charges two batteries at once and also runs on AC/DC so if you wee in a parking lot and only had 12vdc from your sled you could still charge!!!

i could have sworn it was cheaper though, maybe wait a few days and see if it goes on prime. i really thought it ran around $120 for that one.

hendricks actually finally sent me my 69 diecast and koosie today!!!!

I love it!

I ain't scared to put a few extra holes in my tent 🤣

see what you started?!?!?! this should be a built in feature on new tents!!!

i forgot about this earlier.. man #1!! damn!!! i bet the sponsors' are eating it up right now!!! so in a way this could make me a bandwagon jumper?... never been one of those before. maybe i could change my name to Biff!! :LOL:

i don't know anything about your opponent this week, never even heard of the warhawks.. it's the late game so i'll watch it!!

I removed the blurples then did a Grump and turned the tent into a cabriolet 😋

View attachment 73198

I love it!

I ain't scared to put a few extra holes in my tent 🤣

see what you started?!?!?! this should be a built in feature on new tents!!!
The best inventions are defined in three words.
Simple yet genius~!
Same how pulling the tent up over the pot and or now placing light above tent monsters can be had in much smaller tent.:cool:

Welp. My plants continued to stretch and the tallest is now less than a foot below the light. These things nearly outgrew the tent. I've got some bleaching going on and may just removed the whole topside of the tent and hang the light from the ceiling. I wasn't ready for this kind of stretch, tell ya what.

Back
Top Bottom