buds of Madison county

from my grizzly crinkle grow i got 15.5 oz 5 plants
img_20230522_202614386-jpg.3772

not to me temps stayed between 78 and 83 during the day
maybe night time got a lil too hot one time i checked it it was 76 lights off
Reason I asked is the buds look a little airy. I've done that before running certain strains too hot. Did the buds firm up by harvest time?

Reason I asked is the buds look a little airy. I've done that before running certain strains too hot. Did the buds firm up by harvest time?
there is 2 plants where the buds are hard but the rest the buds fill like cotton balls

there is 2 plants where the buds are hard but the rest the buds fill like cotton balls
could be the genetics but im not sure i got some grizzly crinkle from poiek from the farm and 1 hermied on me and out of those plants i had like 20 seeds and this grow was those seeds

i also grew this strain under my spider farmer light a few months back all those buds were hard and i did not do any lst and i only got 1.5 oz per plant

Interesting.

So these are selfed seeds from a hermie. Just watch it close for bananas.

1.5 oz is pretty low, did you have other problems, or just questionable genetics?

Interesting.

1.5 oz is pretty low, did you have other problems, or just questionable genetics?
nope had no problems at all on that grow the only difference was light and the fact i did no lst

Interesting.

yea they were from herm and yes i saw 2 balls in the beginning of the grow and pulled them off and when i was triming i did come across a few bananas but have seen no seeds at all

yea they were from herm and yes i saw 2 balls in the beginning of the grow and when i was trim i did come across a few bananas but have seen no seeds at all
That happens. I was pressing this weekend and found a seed in a plant that never hermied as far as I know. Obviously it did, but I didn't catch it.

That happens. I was pressing this weekend and found a seed in a plant that never hermied as far as I know. Obviously it did, but I didn't catch it.
i have no problem finding a few seeds i just dont wanna pop open a bud and here comes fifty

not sure what u mean by cultivar sorry
So genetics that are not "stable" like a landrace or IBL (in bred line) will produce slightly different plants from seed. You could have 2 seeds from the same female, and one is tall the other is short for example. The only way to get rid of seed to seed variation is to cross breed back to the parents over and over until all the seeds produced are the same. Even then it is not 100% guaranteed.

The process of stabilization takes years.

So genetics that are not "stable" like a landrace or IBL (in bred line) will produce slightly different plants from seed. You could have 2 seeds from the same female, and one is tall the other is short for example. The only way to get rid of seed to seed variation is to cross breed back to the parents over and over until all the seeds produced are the same. Even then it is not 100% guaranteed.

The process of stabilization takes years.
yea it was genetics that weren't stable

yea it was genetics that weren't stable
Agreed, based on the situation.

Even stuff you get from good breeders will have differences between seeds. Trick is to weed out the crappy versions rather than waste the time in flower for 1.5 oz.

Agreed, based on the situation.

Even stuff you get from good breeders will have differences between seeds. Trick is to weed out the crappy versions rather than waste the time in flower for 1.5 oz.
i only got around 2.5 oz a plant of the barney farm gold seeds i had im not sure i was giving them enough gaia green but im change it alil bit this go around

Back
Top Bottom