the cheese and white afghan grow

No you almost cannot lst too early IMO. You can top too early, but LST is very forgiving.

Are they growing quickly?
to me they are there the biggest plants i have had at 3 weeks
it just when i lst the tops just pulled them over they are not standing back up like they should it's been 2 days

how long can i let my plants stay in the 1 gallon pots before i transplant there 4 weeks old now ? is there a benefit to keep them in the 1 gallon pots longer ,how long before i flip to 12/12 should they be transplanted 1 week b4 flip 2 weeks b4 flip ?

how long can i let my plants stay in the 1 gallon pots before i transplant there 4 weeks old now ? is there a benefit to keep them in the 1 gallon pots longer ,how long before i flip to 12/12 should they be transplanted 1 week b4 flip 2 weeks b4 flip ?
I'm doing my first soil grow right now, in the seedling stage. So I am not an authority.

My plan is to go directly from the solo cups they are in to the final pot size - 5 gallon airpots. This is based on general feedback from soil growers.

I think I would repot now to the final size. Big roots and all.

I'm doing my first soil grow right now, in the seedling stage. So I am not an authority.

My plan is to go directly from the solo cups they are in to the final pot size - 5 gallon airpots. This is based on general feedback from soil growers.

I think I would repot now to the final size. Big roots and all.
normally that's what i did solo cup to final pot but at the other place folks always told me it should of been solo cup to 1 gallon then to maybe 3 gallon then to 5 gallons lol to many steps if u ask me lol

normally that's what i did solo cup to final pot but at the other place folks always told me it should of been solo cup to 1 gallon then to maybe 3 gallon then to 5 gallons lol to many steps if u ask me lol
I hear you. Its really confusing to us newbies when there are so many spectacular growers out there that do it differently. Sometimes instructions are contrary.

I'm transplanting seedlings to 5 gal on the advice of growers I trust. But there are many ways to do it no doubt.

Did you start them in 1 gallon pots or solos?

I usually get 2-3 weeks out of a solo cup, so you could prolly get 4 or 5 out of a 1 gallon pot.

And as far as flipping to 12/12, i like to shoot for 16-26 inch plants at flip, but its strain dependant.

16-20 for sativas, and 22-26 for indicas.

Did you start them in 1 gallon pots or solos?

I usually get 2-3 weeks out of a solo cup, so you could prolly get 4 or 5 out of a 1 gallon pot.

And as far as flipping to 12/12, i like to shoot for 16-26 inch plants at flip, but its strain dependant.

16-20 for sativas, and 22-26 for indicas.

i started in the 1 gallon pots this time but i normaly go from solo cup to 3 gallon pots except for autos which is straight to finishing pot . i have
been waiting for 8 weeks before i flip i might go a lil longer this time
for the 12/12 part i was just wondering how long before you flip should u transplant i mean would you want to transplant and flip 2 days later ?

i started in the 1 gallon pots this time but i normaly go from solo cup to 3 gallon pots except for autos which is straight to finishing pot . i have
been waiting for 8 weeks before i flip i might go a lil longer this time
for the 12/12 part i was just wondering how long before you flip should u transplant i mean would you want to transplant and flip 2 days later ?
Ha, my bad i shouldve read the rest of your post lol.

I usually go solo cup to 5 gallon so 80% of my veg is done in its final container. Usually its anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks from transplant to flip for me.

2nd day of week 5 i transplanted these from 1 gallon pots on 6/7 and i watered each with a half gallon of water
the plants look ok but seems like they would need watering by now . i do not know where im going wrong
IMG_20230612_180646434.jpgIMG_20230612_181112823.jpgIMG_20230612_181127676.jpgIMG_20230612_181225537.jpgIMG_20230612_181238718_HDR.jpgIMG_20230612_181504318.jpgIMG_20230612_181540061.jpgIMG_20230612_181706277.jpgIMG_20230612_181920471.jpgIMG_20230612_182009598.jpg

@Aqua Man what do you think about the watering situation ?
There is no real wrong man… just more optimal…. Well for the most part.

The plants look great so i would just water when they need and don’t overthink it to much.

In my coco 1 gal pots with high light and co2 when they first went into the 1 gal it could be days before i needed to water in peak it was 14x a day.

As the olant grow into the pots the watering needs will increase and in a small pot increase a lot.

What media is that again?

reused pro mix premium moisture control organic , the stuff i was talking about the other day that if u saturate it will stay wet for weeks so you cant water till runoff . i have used it long enough to figure out how to water the 3 gallon pots 3/4 a gallon and water every 4 or 5 days but now i have switched to the 5 gallons .
i have been trying for 3 years to water like most of you guys every 2 or 3 days but i just cant seem to get there
my plants look ok to me will except for that lil fucker so maybe i am just overthinking things
391b0db9-b2fd-4699-9f15-8cd8b1c0a12a_2.79354fe53425ebb0f08826f68ca99e2d.jpeg

reused pro mix premium moisture control organic , the stuff i was talking about the other day that if u saturate it will stay wet for weeks so you cant water till runoff . i have used it long enough to figure out how to water the 3 gallon pots 3/4 a gallon and water every 4 or 5 days but now i have switched to the 5 gallons .
i have been trying for 3 years to water like most of you guys every 2 or 3 days but i just cant seem to get there
my plants look ok to me will except for that lil fucker so maybe i am just overthinking things
391b0db9-b2fd-4699-9f15-8cd8b1c0a12a_2.79354fe53425ebb0f08826f68ca99e2d.jpeg
Yeah its the media. Promix HP would be a better option. Are you set on organics?

well in my last few grows the watering i thought was ok it would be like every 3 or 4 days a half gallon and then later on it was 3/4 gallon every 2 or 3 days in 3 gallon pots but now im in 5 gallon pots
it's only like the bottom 2 or 3 inches are staying wet longer would that be the water saturation zone

well in my last few grows the watering i thought was ok it would be like every 3 or 4 days a half gallon and then later on it was 3/4 gallon every 2 or 3 days in 3 gallon pots but now im in 5 gallon pots
it's only like the bottom 2 or 3 inches are staying wet longer would that be the water saturation zone
Yup exactly

well i might of killed them today i got another bale of that pro mix organic from walmart today so i could refill my pots and i been using the pro mix for bout a year now and that bale smelled like shit and i used it anyway

Back
Top Bottom