How'd you shoot Granny?
Got my booty kicked! Only good thing, we all did! Stormy weather coming in, gusts to 30 mph. Still had a blast, a lot of laughter. A good day with great guys on the range. One of the guys gifted me a large ancient old wood carving of a native males head bust. I was shocked and incredibly moved. Show ya tomorrow when I’m not too lazy to walk back in the house to photo it!

Got my booty kicked! Only good thing, we all did! Stormy weather coming in, gusts to 30 mph. Still had a blast, a lot of laughter. A good day with great guys on the range. One of the guys gifted me a large ancient old wood carving of a native males head bust. I was shocked and incredibly moved. Show ya tomorrow when I’m not too lazy to walk back in the house to photo it!
IMG_2117.jpeg

Mornin Menz!
It’s a rainy day in the Zarks. Five inches since last night, low water crossings flooded, flood warnings and yet she still just pours. Okay with me. Kinda nice sitting on the porch with no sound except the rain.
My first day in almost a month that I have not had some timed obligations or a major job for the day. I see a midday breakfast in my near future, a nice joint and a nap in the den in the quiet part of the house. Yup..that’s my plan.IMG_2120.jpeg

Had a semi busy day but what day isnt with little ones right? My son is making good strides finally in his speech that help me feel better in that he is at least no more autistic than me 🤔.

Prepping for the tent games and the chop n flip. Work ahead. Little visit to the clink.

Weekend was not without its challenges.

Right after G$ broke his dishwasher ours broke. It took a week of mucking around but I cleaned it all up and fixed it. Biggest fix was having her stop using the pods and to go back to liquid.

Then the basement kitchen sink started to leak…Friday morning. Rotted out brass fittings. Thought I had it fixed but one side the rot went into the threads below the drain. A chunk is missing and must not be making a water tight seal. So back to that today.
IMG_8610.jpeg

And Saturday the dryer made a bang and stopped working. Hoped it was the drum belt, and it was.
IMG_8608.jpeg

But I also found this.
IMG_8609.jpeg

Receptacle is okay on the outside but I need to look inside to be safe. Guessing it happened the last time we got hit by lightning.

Supposed to hear from the city water lady today or tomorrow too. So fun times this week. Dr’s next week.

At least I’m out of bed. Trying to push through it. Just our turn to get shit piled on again.

Damn buddy careful with that electric I don't play when it comes to the big juice I shut the whole power off at the main fuck that lol

So guess this harvest was on my mind alot last night when I went to bed it became the focal point of some dream I had going. Hanging out with these old friends I don't see much and they were driving me all around town doing things (we were a 3 hr drive from Hawaii at one point I remember, wtf lol). So when we got back an old friend went into my home with me to bs around and he was like so what ya been up to? I was like...wanna see? Took him down to show my tent and all I had in there were fan leaves all the buds gone. Woke up in a sweat thinking oh no....realized it was just a silly dream but still moral of the story...don't show people lol

Weekend was not without its challenges.

Right after G$ broke his dishwasher ours broke. It took a week of mucking around but I cleaned it all up and fixed it. Biggest fix was having her stop using the pods and to go back to liquid.

Then the basement kitchen sink started to leak…Friday morning. Rotted out brass fittings. Thought I had it fixed but one side the rot went into the threads below the drain. A chunk is missing and must not be making a water tight seal. So back to that today.
View attachment 61092

And Saturday the dryer made a bang and stopped working. Hoped it was the drum belt, and it was.
View attachment 61093

But I also found this.
View attachment 61094

Receptacle is okay on the outside but I need to look inside to be safe. Guessing it happened the last time we got hit by lightning.

Supposed to hear from the city water lady today or tomorrow too. So fun times this week. Dr’s next week.

At least I’m out of bed. Trying to push through it. Just our turn to get shit piled on again.
That plug looks bad, a lose connection could have done that too. You should replace the socket and the plug. Are you on breakers or fuses?. I'd guess breakers, fuses blow easier. Once you get it all fixed and running feel the breaker with the back of your fingers for heat, hot bad ..warm good

That plug looks bad, a lose connection could have done that too. You should replace the socket and the plug. Are you on breakers or fuses?. I'd guess breakers, fuses blow easier. Once you get it all fixed and running feel the breaker with the back of your fingers for heat, hot bad ..warm good

It uses the old stab breakers. I’ve updated and replaced things years ago but haven’t checked in a long time. Good idea.

I need to open the receptacle box and check it first. Needs a new cable but might need the receptacle too. Get both at the same time. I also have the old good set in the garage I might swap out. I don’t like the newer front loaders.

Focus is on the plumbing today. Laundry is on the weekends and we have options.

@MDK i turn off the breakers and/or main depending on what I’m fixing. Light switches or receptacles I might try to skip a step but I get bit once in a while. No little black spots on my fingers or arms, yet. 🤣 Bigger loads I don’t skip steps.

IMG_8623.jpeg

Rolled these while waiting for my parts to clean up in the bathroom sink.

Upside down one is for bed time. Don’t want to mix that one up. 😝

I’m really glad I got these ginger candies. We get a cheaper brand now but I love the case. Perfect size! 👍
IMG_8624.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom