Fog prep

Oh that way, what I do on desktop is hit reply, press space under what I want to respond to in/from a paragraph and then it would keep the post above in the quoted bracket, and I could keep hitting space, keep their paragraph quoted, go to the next point.

OK, I'm short on time here, I am at work. So I'm going to say this and move on.

In RDWC, Coco, Rock Wool - if the plant is growing fast, you get more leaves. More transpiration. More water up the stalk. More nutes with it. Not a higher concentration or ratio, just more overall because they are in the water.

If you then double your EC trying to "help the plant grow faster" you end up burning it. Or N tox. or or or...

The rate of plant growth regulates the amount of water they suck up.

Nutrient needs change throughout the grow - that's not what I am talking about. At a cellular level, you want a specific amount of water and a specific amount of nutes to be delivered to the cell. If you change the proportion of water to nutes by increasing EC, those nutes get stranded in the vegetation which causes burns, imbalances, etc.

What you want is for the plant to drink more in a day to supply the new growth, not to up the nutes ratio in the water. This is self managed by just how much leaf surface area the plant has assuming the environment is not a factor. Remember, you want 6H2O in that photosynthesis equation, you need to match the nutrients to that amount of water to deliver to the cells. Let the plant decide how many H2O molecules it needs naturally based on transpiration, which is based on leaf surface area.

By me needing to raise EC in fog over what I would typically run in RDWC, it's telling me that something is inherently different.

Yes, the plants grow faster in fog. But the amount of water being used by the plants is pretty much linear between RDWC and fog - plants at the same stage with the same amount of vegetation drink the same amounts. So by my way of thinking, EC should be about the same. But they are not. So something in the delivery is different. Is it because certain molecules do not get carried by fog well? Is this about tuning the micron size of the fog droplets to account for all the different molecules? Are my ultrasonics at a bad frequency that has harmonics that hurt the capacity of some nutrient carrying capability? Do I need multiple size / frequency disks to get iron to become airborne as easily as calcium? If this turns out to be true, I need to re-learn my nute mixes completely, or adjust the delivery to be on par with standard hydro.

Now add to all that I am super oxygenating the res well above anything that has been tested.

Dunno. Like I said, I cannot yet explain it.

This is the kind of thing I am referring to

Don't mean to bother ya, I'll be back with a keyboard later on.

Don't mean to bother ya, I'll be back with a keyboard later on.
I’m not bothered at all. I just have a hard time with long explanations at work. That long post took probably 20 minutes of time slicing with my real job to get it up. And was also doing tech stuff on the site. Home for the long weekend now tho

I think there are hundreds of ways to do fog. As simple as a 5 gallon bucket and an atomizer. As complex as you want to go.

In previous runs I got results I could not explain to myself. I have no one to turn to on this of any experience. There’s a ton I have not said yet like the EC issue remains if I run o2 or not. So you are trying to put together meaning without all the facts. Basically you are watching me engineer this real time.

I’ll be putting the system back in the tent this weekend and bring it online. I think a video will help explain where I am at better than this keyboard. So many upgrades from the original fog system. Probably 500 hours of 3D printed parts.

This will be the run where I answer my questions. It may not answer yours if you run fog in a different way, but will hopefully get you pointed in the right direction. If you end up using the same tote as me I can print you a parts set. You will be miles ahead of all your friends with that!

You can. Just touch inside the quote and press return (enter) on the keyboard. It then breaks it into separate quotes. I'm strickly mobile. Don't even own a computer.
I thought that's what the fuck I was doing on mobile lmao

Thanks man I'll try again .

You can. Just touch inside the quote and press return (enter) on the

Wtf

I'm pressing enter and it keeps me within the bracket either way

On mobile

keyboard. It then breaks it into separate quotes. I'm strickly mobile. Don't even own a

Wtf computer.

Wtf
Wtf

Nope. No idea where that came from, but chalk that up to broski help.

Dry fog? WTF? It's atomized water. Standing water means disease? Nope. Not only is it not standing water, but running sterile or with bennies would eliminate that anyhow if there were.

10 microns or less is considered a "dry fog"

"The reason that the ultra small water droplets do not wet anything, is because they bounce back from the surface they touch.

As the surface tension is high, compared to a bigger water drop, it will not burst and wet the environment. This is convenient in a production setting where you want to eliminate leakage risks into expensive precision machinery.

From a hygiene point of view, you also prevent the risk of mold growth as all surfaces will stay dry"

- https://www.ikeuchi.eu/news/dry-fog-introduction/

But I'm assuming you're ultrasonic is 5-50microns, is it considered a "ultrasonic atomizer?"

According to NASA citations those are <5 micron droplet size

But you mention you're chamber doesn't evaporate as well.

10 microns or less is considered a "dry fog"
I have those very foggers in my shop. Not kidding.

That’s not what is going on here for a couple reasons. Number one is that you hold your hand in front of them and it gets wet. It needs distance and air pressure behind it to evaporate fully before it touches a surface. Those foggers are hooked up to house air.

I don’t care what the marketing department tells you, there is no such thing as a fog that will not condense on surfaces inside a 2 foot enclosed box. Try it for yourself.

I have those very foggers in my shop. Not kidding.

That’s not what is going on here for a couple reasons. Number one is that you hold your hand in front of them and it gets wet. It needs distance and air pressure behind it to evaporate fully before it touches a surface. Those foggers are hooked up to house air.

I don’t care what the marketing department tells you, there is no such thing as a fog that will not condense on surfaces inside a 2 foot enclosed box. Try it for yourself.
Oh I believe you I just thought that term was counter-intuitive and then just read the first thing I saw, and obviously that has its issues lol.

Ha
Just so you know I’m not full of crap.

View attachment 19675
Haha I definitely don't think you are full shit, you know a lot more than I do.

Cool video, appreciate it

I'm still figuring it out.

Misting heads on the ceilings, for?
Just controlling the environment in the shop? RH?
Is this at your shop at work?

👊

Just so you know I’m not full of crap.

View attachment 19675
Reminds me of my pig barn where I had sprayer nozzles or 2 at the end of each pen on a timer above a certain temperature. Pigs would hear the solenoid click and run to the showers.
Pigs don't sweat they cool by evaporation.

Ha
Haha I definitely don't think you are full shit, you know a lot more than I do.

Cool video, appreciate it

I'm still figuring it out.

Misting heads on the ceilings, for?
Just controlling the environment in the shop? RH?
Is this at your shop at work?

👊
Yeah the equipment that depends on electrostatics quits working below 20% so we have to run it a couple months a year.

Back
Top Bottom