hanging drying basket/ whatever it's called

dean1963

Bud Brawler
Reaction score
i bought one of these for the small crap that i may use to make rosin when and if i dump a couple thousand on a press.
air flow looks like it might be an issue , should i put a fan on low directly at it?
any advice from people that have one of these?

i like buying shit even if i throw it out because it's garbage

Attachments

• 20230726_172437_HDR.jpg
    20230726_172437_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230726_172657_HDR.jpg
    20230726_172657_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
i bought one of these for the small crap that i may use to make rosin when and if i dump a couple thousand on a press.
air flow looks like it might be an issue , should i put a fan on low directly at it?

Dean I have used one of those in the past and they work well. I hung it in a small room and pointed a fan into the corner of the room to get air movement but not directly on the drying buds.

Dean I have used one of those in the past and they work well. I hung it in a small room and pointed a fan into the corner of the room to get air movement but not directly on the drying buds.
I use one when I need to but I find sometimes it's not necessary but definitely a good way to dry your herb. @Anthem275 is right. No direct air on flower.

I am trying one of those hanging contraptions that have a bunch of clips suspended from it. The one I have has 28 clips. You can hang branches or whole plants. I was skeptical at first but I got 7 hanging whole plants on one right now. Plenty of air flow around the buds.

I am trying one of those hanging contraptions that have a bunch of clips suspended from it. The one I have has 28 clips. You can hang branches or whole plants. I was skeptical at first but I got 7 hanging whole plants on one right now. Plenty of air flow around the buds.
Do you have a pic of this contraption? Never heard of one like that.

Do you have a pic of this contraption? Never heard of one like that.
Can’t go downstairs right now to take a pic with my flowering plants in their dark period. I’ll take one for you in the morning. The box too so you can see the brand name. I don’t recall it off the top of my head. If the site is down for upgrade when I take the pic I’ll post it when the site comes back up.

I use a rack like that for my lower buds after I hang them initially.
You can fit a lot of buds on them.
I hang my in the grow room which is all set at 67f and 50% RH ,with one circulation fan going when time to dry.

At what point?
Usually right after the initial dry. My process is usually cut the entire plant down and hang upside down for a couple days then remove all water and secondary leaves. Leave hanging for a few days checking humidity levels. Once I'm close to branch snap I'll break them down into individual branches and let them dry for a few days more. Once I get a decent snap out of the branches I remove the flowers from the branches and put them on the net if they need additional drying. From there they go into jars and I burp until the chlorophyl smell goes away and the terps start to really come through.

I just harvested a few weeks ago and just now I'm starting to smell the terps coming to the front and the green and hayish smell going away.

GF also had a lightbulb moment smoking yesterday. She told me that she was starting to see why I wanted to wait and cure the flowers in the jars instead of just smoking them because they're dry. She's also starting to be able to notice the terps and the difference in the high than when she was smoking them just off the vine so to speak.

Usually right after the initial dry. My process is usually cut the entire plant down and hang upside down for a couple days then remove all water and secondary leaves. Leave hanging for a few days checking humidity levels. Once I'm close to branch snap I'll break them down into individual branches and let them dry for a few days more. Once I get a decent snap out of the branches I remove the flowers from the branches and put them on the net if they need additional drying. From there they go into jars and I burp until the chlorophyl smell goes away and the terps start to really come through.

I just harvested a few weeks ago and just now I'm starting to smell the terps coming to the front and the green and hayish smell going away.

GF also had a lightbulb moment smoking yesterday. She told me that she was starting to see why I wanted to wait and cure the flowers in the jars instead of just smoking them because they're dry. She's also starting to be able to notice the terps and the difference in the high than when she was smoking them just off the vine so to speak.
My process is a little different. I wet trim everything off for the most part just leaving the buds on the stems. When dry they get shucked off and go straight in to grove bags to cure. Speaking of which today is day 28 in grove bags for my last harvest. Time to open a bag and fire up a fatty of peanut butter breath, lol.

I hang mine on a second shower rod in basement shower. Right in the middle.

Used it for leaves, larf and buds.

Just don’t point a fan directly at it and keep a hygrometer in or near it.

Mine has 6 levels. Used it a few times and have no issues.

Back
Top Bottom