is silicon safe to smoke out of ?

budsofmadison

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
i been smoking out of metal and paper for 30 years , i got a silicon 10 inch water bong im just gonna use with out water but there is a funny taste is that normal for silicon ?
1687283806894.png

Why without water?

Silicon bongs are pretty common, I'd imagine it's "safe"
yea that was my thinking there common people do it maybe it's because it' new
i have smoked out of bongs with water before seems like the i always get congested or a cold after
and when i smoke out of pipes i hit it so much and like every 10 or 15 mins what i call juice collects in the pipe and i end up with a mouthful of it

well i just like metal thats all far as a glass bowls what few times i have hit out of a glass pipe got ashes cause there was no screen no screen had a glass screen 1 time just did not like it's just my preference

well i just like metal thats all far as a glass bowls what few times i have hit out of a glass pipe got ashes cause there was no screen no screen had a glass screen 1 time just did not like it's just my preference
I should've clarified I meant get a glass water piece, not one of the spoon pipes I had the same issue with ash from those things. The water will filter all the crap out. Here is one that I lent to my neighbor like 2 years ago and he still hasn't returned it so you know its a good one. https://www.marleynaturalshop.com/products/marley-natural-smoked-glass-bubbler

This is the one that I currently use with my mighty vape attached to it, I gave up smoking hence why I let the neighbor keep the bubbler.
I had to order this thing from China and it took 4 months to arrive, but its the best bong I've ever hit and its the perfect size to take on the go.

yea that was my thinking there common people do it maybe it's because it' new
i have smoked out of bongs with water before seems like the i always get congested or a cold after
and when i smoke out of pipes i hit it so much and like every 10 or 15 mins what i call juice collects in the pipe and i end up with a mouthful of it
Bro wtf are you talking about juice... that's got to be spit bro lmaooo

Not sure what this is worth but I'm more than a little paranoid about chemicals and such but I trust silicon for cooking at higher temps than the smoke would be. I wouldn't worry too much if you have that glass down-stem. I used to clean my cooking silicon stuffs with hydrogen peroxide when it's new and that does seem to get rid of that new silicon smell... but silicon does have a specific smell. I might actually worry about using metal screens and bowls... honestly I can't remeber why for both, I did my "research" on those years ago and made those conclusions but forget why haha

FWIW, silicon has an insanely high combustion temperature. Eg, it's not volatile until temperatures that you will likely never introduce to it, ie 1000 degrees C. That's why it's used in the construction of ICEs and other equipment that will be subject to harsh conditions and extremely high temperatures.

Every silicone piece I've tried has a weird flavor that raises alarms. After one bowl or a couple hits I tossed all of them in the trash and some were well known brands like Eyce and Weedgets. Easily over $150 thrown out on those pieces.
I have two silicone bongs that don't have that flavor but they also use glass bowls and downstems.
Silicone may not combust but no doubt heat creates an off gas of a chemical flavor.

I'm not too keen on most metals like zinc, nickel, and brass used in most pipes but titanium is a nice metal choice when looking for durability.
Other than titanium, it's borsilicate glass for me ;)

Back
Top Bottom