Mold in Oregon dispensary herb!

Garbage_bear

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
I found a place that sells $30 oz. Well several of those oz taste like freaking mold!! I know Oregon tests but if they only test four ounces out of fifty pounds they could miss it and I think they did. Two different strains taste moldy. Gross.

Can I use 190 proof ethanol and make a tincture? I know how I’m just wondering if it would kill the mold. I’m not smoking that crap.

Haha I saw you're post earlier on and now see this

Outdoor weed getting mold, and these "cultivators" still want to sell it.

F.

No fucking surprise.

Perhaps I'm ignorant to all the facts about aspergillus

""According to the lawsuit, “It is puzzling why OHA decided to enact a zero-tolerance rule for aspergillus for cannabis when the overwhelming majority of the population breathes in aspergillus spores from the general environment every day"

"They fail an entire test batch for any given fraction of a piece of dead DNA from the types of aspergillus they’re testing for,” Getlin said. “And these are pathogens that are in the air all around us – literally.”

Need more transparency and knowledge.

""Right now, one could be landing on this bud. The entire rest of the house could be completely clean,” he said. “But if this one test, even if that spore is dead, one tiny fraction of this DNA, this entire crop becomes completely worthless."

Perhaps I'm ignorant to all the facts about aspergillus

""According to the lawsuit, “It is puzzling why OHA decided to enact a zero-tolerance rule for aspergillus for cannabis when the overwhelming majority of the population breathes in aspergillus spores from the general environment every day"

"They fail an entire test batch for any given fraction of a piece of dead DNA from the types of aspergillus they’re testing for,” Getlin said. “And these are pathogens that are in the air all around us – literally.”

Need more transparency and knowledge.

""Right now, one could be landing on this bud. The entire rest of the house could be completely clean,” he said. “But if this one test, even if that spore is dead, one tiny fraction of this DNA, this entire crop becomes completely worthless."
welcome to legalization and regulation.

the black market has, will, and forever live on, while prohibition in any form exists.

when it comes to drugs of any type (yes, cannabis is as much a drug as aspirin is) there are two classes -- processed and natural. natural should be treated as such -- food grade.

processed as pharmaceuticals -- tested to the nth degree for purity and adulterants. distilling to this high level will put mushrooms, ayahuasca, cacti, opium and co, kratom, cannabis, et al in a natural field and MD analogs, ketamine, LS analogs, 2x analogs, etc in their own field.

Lab grade, pick-what-you want-do-what-you-want with no risk of death from fentanyl or death by legal system drugs available with support services available to get you out of the bottom of the bottle.

Portugal is the only nation that figured this shit out so far, the rest still have aristocrats with their heads so far up the asses the fat cats that own them to go any other way.

holy shit digression from thread topic. tl;dr: don't buy dispo weed if you can avoid it.

edit: goddam keyboard is fxcked

welcome to legalization and regulation.

the black market has, will, and forever live on, while prohibition in any form exists.

when it comes to drugs of any type (yes, cannabis is as much a drug as aspirin is) there are two classes -- processed and natural. natural should be treated as such -- food grade.

processed as pharmaceuticals -- tested to the nth degree for purity and adulterants. distilling to this high level will put mushrooms, ayahuasca, cacti, opium and co, kratom, cannabis, et al in a natural field and MD analogs, ketamine, LS analogs, 2x analogs, etc in their own field.

Lab grade, pick-what-you want-do-what-you-want with no risk of death from fentanyl or death by legal system drugs available with support services available to get you out of the bottom of the bottle.

Portugal is the only nation that figured this shit out so far, the rest still have aristocrats with their heads so far up the asses the fat cats that own them to go any other way.

holy shit digression from thread topic. tl;dr: don't buy dispo weed if you can avoid it.

edit: goddam keyboard is fxcked
do you think whoever said this

"""Right now, one could be landing on this bud. The entire rest of the house could be completely clean,” he said. “But if this one test, even if that spore is dead, one tiny fraction of this DNA, this entire crop becomes completely worthless.""

has a point?

i dont know enough to know what i dont know.

well put

if i understood correctly, youre saying lab grade will be/is pure/more pure vs pharmaceuticals?

which would make sense of course

do you think whoever said this

"""Right now, one could be landing on this bud. The entire rest of the house could be completely clean,” he said. “But if this one test, even if that spore is dead, one tiny fraction of this DNA, this entire crop becomes completely worthless.""

has a point?

i dont know enough to know what i dont know.
To put what they said into perspective. I've ran over 150 plates in front of my laminar flow hood, direct spore inoculations (which are presumed contaminated given I've running from multispore) and only had one contaminate with trichoderma. Does that mean the other 149 are bad and need to be tossed out?

The argument is fair. However one spore does not make an infection and I don't agree with the "dead DNA" argument. For years there has been a serious problem with pay-to-play in Oregon regarding testing. In fact, there were several labs shut down for hiding pesticide and mold results and boosting cannabinoid numbers. Eg, gimme another $500 and I'll boost your THC by .5.

The argument is ad hominem.

To put what they said into perspective. I've ran over 150 plates in front of my laminar flow hood, direct spore inoculations (which are presumed contaminated given I've running from multispore) and only had one contaminate with trichoderma.

Does that mean the other 149 are bad and need to be tossed out?
agree
The argument is fair. However one spore does not make an infection and I don't agree with the "dead DNA" argument. For years there has been a serious problem with pay-to-play in Oregon regarding testing. In fact, there were several labs shut down for hiding pesticide and mold results and boosting cannabinoid numbers. Eg, gimme another $500 and I'll boost your THC by .5.

ok cool.

Widespread corruption, huh.

Money talks too big for some

At one of the meetings I attended in Sacramento when Cali was still trying to figure it out, I had suggested that they carve out a connoisseur proposal for boutique weed. I told them that commercial weed would have a problem much like whats been discussed here in terms of quality. They assured me that the labs would be the frontline defense against that. Uh hu....... 😑

Unless labs are "corrupt" too lol

Which is not surprising at all

Just, god damn
Bro! The moment the Benjamins show up corruption is front and center.

I had responded by telling them what if the labs cheat? They were horrified at the mere mention. I had suggested that if they really wanted a gate keeper they needed to set up state controlled labs to minimize any influence that may be directed at the lab.

Bro! The moment the Benjamins show up corruption is front and center.

I had responded by telling them what if the labs cheat? They were horrified at the mere mention. I had suggested that if they really wanted a gate keeper they needed to set up state controlled labs to minimize any influence that may be directed at the lab.
Even that isn't a sure-fire way of dealing with the fundamental problem. Oregon is a prime example with the requirement that all dispos and testing facilities be Metrc certified. At the first company I worked for I went through all the training to get certified because we were looking at building an inventory management system for dispos, and the level of dog and pony show involved in "compliance" is arguably worse than companies getting their SOC II Type 2 audits done. Nothing more than a bunch of check boxes with no actual controls to prevent corruption.

Even that isn't a sure-fire way of dealing with the fundamental problem. Oregon is a prime example with the requirement that all dispos and testing facilities be Metrc certified. At the first company I worked for I went through all the training to get certified because we were looking at building an inventory management system for dispos, and the level of dog and pony show involved in "compliance" is arguably worse than companies getting their SOC II Type 2 audits done. Nothing more than a bunch of check boxes with no actual controls to prevent corruption.
For Sure! What they need to do is treat it like any other product like alcohol or tobacco but for some reason weed seems to be nuclear waste in their eyes.

So true about the effectiveness of those laws. Look at their social equity licensing programs. Utter BS.

For Sure! What they need to do is treat it like any other product like alcohol or tobacco but for some reason weed seems to be nuclear waste in their eyes.

So true about the effectiveness of those laws. Look at their social equity licensing programs. Utter BS.
yup its straight up bs

To put what they said into perspective. I've ran over 150 plates in front of my laminar flow hood, direct spore inoculations (which are presumed contaminated given I've running from multispore) and only had one contaminate with trichoderma. Does that mean the other 149 are bad and need to be tossed out?

Agree... The biggest concern is the metabolite from the spore themselves generally speaking... If it's possible to separate or isolate a highly toxic spore is the biggest thing IMO, especially if it's still alive and just put into a bag for storage

Out of sight and mind

I'm guessing I'm in the consumer campaign on this one. Learn how to grow mold free or find greener pastures

Agree... The biggest concern is the metabolite from the spore themselves generally speaking... If it's possible to separate or isolate a highly toxic spore is the biggest thing IMO, especially if it's still alive and just put into a bag for storage

Out of sight and mind

I'm guessing I'm in the consumer campaign on this one. Learn how to grow mold free or find greener pastures
i agree

maybe things like this leads to taking these "bigger "Corporate" "cultivators" out of business.

i just want to see it go to smaller "Craft farms" for quality control and for my own gain if i can ever possibly get into the game.

im more passionate about it then anything.

😆 I've been living out in the bushes for a little over a year bro

That's after I clean them the clay here in the soggy bottom of the mountain 🏔️ stains everything grey

Just put up the roof and fireplace. Cabin is up and running finally

View attachment 19406View attachment 19410
looks damn good man. glad you're getting that area dialed in finally. I know it's been something on your list for a while.

Does that fire 7.62x39? Looks an awful lot like my sister's RAK-74.

i agree

maybe things like this leads to taking these "bigger "Corporate" "cultivators" out of business.

i just want to see it go to smaller "Craft farms" for quality control
The way the laws and licensing for producers is written, there's no room for craft farms. It's 100% designed to move production, and thus profits, to a small set of very wealthy companies. There's a reason that microbreweries that get too successful get bought by Anheiser Busch, and damn near every cigarette sold is produced by a subsidiary of Phillip Morris. Cannabis is destined for the same fate.

The way the laws and licensing for producers is written, there's no room for craft farms. It's 100% designed to move production, and thus profits, to a small set of very wealthy companies.
which is exactly what i wanted to not happen when its all finally legalized but ofc figured it would.
There's a reason that microbreweries that get too successful get bought by Anheiser Busch, and damn near every cigarette sold is produced by a subsidiary of Phillip Morris. Cannabis is destined for the same fate.
the way Capitalism goes i suppose.

i agree

i just want to see it go to smaller "Craft farms" for quality control
I'm starting to see a few good outside vendors who are knocking it out of the park IMO but they are in the minority and use only certain cultivator that do better than others IMO

There's two of them here in Washington state that I know of for sure

I won't pay over $30 USD for a ounce and it better be bomb shit and have a few mature seeds in it

The difference, which we all can't see, is almost non-existent. Because we're active producers and we have been on the illegal side for so long, our emotions peak hard when it comes to legislation of any kind in relation to this plant. Give it 30 years and I imagine things will relax to the point that nationally one can produce their own unlicensed, within reason, and beyond that we might see alcohol production type of regulations -- labeling controls, quality controls, et al.

I'm starting to see a few good outside vendors who are knocking it out of the park IMO but they are in the minority and use only certain cultivator that do better than others IMO

I won't pay over $30 USD for a ounce and it better be bomb shit and have a few mature seeds in it
damn any actually decent bud (lets say 20%+Thc 3%+ terps (?) smooth smoke, has a good taste, not dark or brown colored, etc (?))
have not been in a dispo in awhile but seems prices in Tulsa OK for an oz of quality is around 100-200+ still

The difference, which we all can't see, is almost non-existent. Because we're active producers and we have been on the illegal side for so long, our emotions peak hard when it comes to legislation of any kind in relation to this plant. Give it 30 years and I imagine things will relax to the point that nationally one can produce their own unlicensed, within reason, and beyond that

we might see alcohol production type of regulations -- labeling controls, quality controls, et al.
curious about that too, afaik it seems even more regulated than alcohol and shit im way more likely to fuck my self side ways on some liquor and pills.

Back
Top Bottom