SF's, Couldn't be patient grow!

Last year I spent over 300 bucks sex testing plants and went back and looked at all the plants I grew that turned out to be male and female to try and figure out how to do it earlier and I wanna change my answer I think this plant is a female the pre flowers look like female after comparing them to the young plants I took pics of. I think by the weekend you get some hairs growing out of it
I'm hoping this one is. The structure of this plant is exactly what I'm looking for. The others in the tent are taller less bushy and have longer node spacing. I read somewhere that it can also be an indication they are male. I also have no clue if that is complete bro science either. :unsure:

Short and sweet like you like it

It is too soon to tell 100% on that plant IMO. Again, you are not in the pollen danger zone if you let it go a bit longer.

Other indications like nodal length, growth rate, bushiness are not 100% indicators, just generalizations.

It's been a minute since I have updated this. The ol' depresso expresso got ahold of me for a few weeks and haven't really felt like myself. The ladies are coming along ok, by no means my best work with my mental state lately but I'm still happy with them so far.

Nutrients: Lotus Cal-mag, Bloom & Raw Yucca powder @ 1.8 EC
Light: Spider Farmer G4500 16" above canopy at 60%
Genetics: Jinxproof 9lb Hammer, Elev8 Eden's Fire, Greenpoint Oreoz
RH: 50-55%
Temp: Lows 75F Highs 86F

9LB.jpg 9LB Hammer

Eden's Fire.jpg Eden's Fire

Oreoz.jpg Oreoz

How are you liking those Lotus nutes? I'm on my first run with it so far and I'm finding the Grow to be a pain in ass getting it to fully dissolve. It does eventually, but it raises my EC as it dissolves.

My plants seem to really love it and I'm digging the ease of measuring grams vs. milliliters. I'm just not sold on the solubility. I haven't gotten into the Bloom or Boost yet. I'll be mixing a solution to transition into bloom nutes either tonight or tomorrow, so I'll be finding out soon whether they have the same solubility issue. The Cal-Mag dissolves fine.

I have a FREE trial run of Athena's blended line showing up eventually. It's a liquid nute line-up but I'm excited for the FREE trial. Did I say it was FREE? Cuz it was FREE. Thanks to G$ for the tip. They shipped him nearly $800 worth of free shit. I got in on it right before the cut-off because they're not doing trials any longer.

-------

Plants are looking great BTW

How are you liking those Lotus nutes? I'm on my first run with it so far and I'm finding the Grow to be a pain in ass getting it to fully dissolve. It does eventually, but it raises my EC as it dissolves.
I like them ok been using them for my last 4 runs. I want to give Canna Coco a try after I finish these. What I found works best is I add all my powders in a small container add a cup or so of water and mix it like a concentrate then add to your water, seems to dissolve better with out the EC drift. I experienced it also up to a .2 drift up.
I haven't gotten into the Bloom or Boost yet.
In my experience the bloom mixes better, its less like kinetic sand. The boost is easy to burn the plants in my opinion I usually put in 1/8 to 1/4 the amount they recommend in my mix if at all. My last autoflower run I didn't use it once and really couldn't tell much difference.

Last edited:
I found works best is I add all my powders in a small container add a cup or so of water and mix it like a concentrate then add to your water
Oh cool. I'll be done with the Grow after one more res change and it's calling for FAR LESS since I'm heading to bloom nutes.

But, for future reference, you're saying add my 70ish grams to a beaker, fill and mix, then add that mix to my res? I could see that working, especially if you let it set for a few hours beforehand.

Oh cool. I'll be done with the Grow after one more res change and it's calling for FAR LESS since I'm heading to bloom nutes.

But, for future reference, you're saying add my 70ish grams to a beaker, fill and mix, then add that mix to my res? I could see that working, especially if you let it set for a few hours beforehand.
Yes! I put mine in a quart size mason jar shake the shit out of it then add to my res. I hand water so I’m only mixing 5 gallons at a time. I’ve also the done the lazy way. Mix it like normal then let it set for 24 hours at room temp.

Back
Top Bottom