Advanced Nutrients in promix

Speedypete

Bud Brawler
Reaction score
Hey Im new and have a question about salt buildup in promix looking for some advice. I just flipped to flower after a 4 week veg. If it looks like my plants are a bit on the lighter side of green doesnt that mean that there isnt a risk of buildup so far? After reading post after post on other sites i dont know what to think. Some say water/feed to runoff… some say not to water/feed to runoff as it washes the buffer out of the medium, some say feed/feed/water will help the plants use up unused nutes in the medium that causes buildup is sufficient. Some say theres no need to flush or water through unless they have been over fed. Im thinking if they look slightly underfed there shouldn’t be any need for runoff. Any input would be appreciated on how people here make salt based nutes work in promix Thanks

Please take nothing I say as the way and the light or as the best possible way.

However back when I started this hobby an ole head taught me that plants should not be fed watered fed or watered fed watered or any other combination of feed and water.

Instead lower the ppm/ec/concentration of the feed water by x=pie R squared plus 500% minus 3000% and everything will work great. Or that’s what it sounded like to me. Haha

Anyways what he was trying to tell me that took a minute or week to figure out was that the plant will do better no matter the grow medium or style with a consistent amount of anything. So instead of Feed 1.5 ec, Feed 1.5 ec, water 0.0 ec. His advice was add the feed +feed+ water ec together and you arrive at 3.0 total ec in a three day period. So feed 1.0ec three straight days is the same as 1.5 +1.5 + 0.0 over three days and as he taught me all ladies in general prefer consistency!

I hope that rambling makes sense!

Peace
👍

Just into wk5 with these now things coming along. Growing sativas and indicas together and trying to keep canopy fairly flat was interesting.as there was more stretch on them than I expected. Had to get a bit creative with the back row. All in all doing good. Thanks everyone for thier input and especially sshz for helping me with the nutrient mixes. Getting to xcited to see how these fill out! Here comes the stink 👍

Attachments

• IMG_3118.jpeg
    IMG_3118.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3121.jpeg
    IMG_3121.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3119.jpeg
    IMG_3119.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3123.jpeg
    IMG_3123.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
I fed them today at 5.5 weeks . I drag the wedding cake from the back out of there to water and drain.The fruity pebbles in the front was a freebie ended up getting scrogged got a bit more calmag today. Just using a sniff of big bud like between 1/8 and 1/4 dose. I learned a fair bit so far, still have to figure out defoliation among other things.

Attachments

• IMG_3139.jpeg
    IMG_3139.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
Coming up to week 7 tomorrow. Overfeeding got some burnt tips. Flushed the runoff down few days ago. Back to feeding now around 600ppm and using overdrive at about 35%rate.

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
I turn my duration and intensity down the last 2-3 weeks.
I could lose up to an hour x2 if I feel the need.
Turning down intensity IMO help preserve terps.

Кто то может помочь, как ответить в новую тему ??
Может я не правильно пишу?
Прошу помочь.
С уважением.

Can anyone help how to reply to a new topic??
Maybe I'm not writing correctly?
Please help.
Best regards.
On home page you will see post thread button on the right side across from New post.
1700829513816.png

Hit that button; 1700829639133.png
Then choose which forum you would like to start a thread in.
I sent you a direct message and can help you if you respond.
Welcome to Bud Builders.

On home page you will see post thread button on the right side across from New post.
View attachment 31109

Hit that button; View attachment 31110
Then choose which forum you would like to start a thread in.
I sent you a direct message and can help you if you respond.
Welcome to Bud Builders.
This works pretty good!!

I turn my duration and intensity down the last 2-3 weeks.
I could lose up to an hour x2 if I feel the need.
Turning down intensity IMO help preserve terps.
Are you shortening the time lights are on or just dimming down the PPFD? I keep the duration at 12 hours but I just step down the light intensity the last few weeks. I agree. Preserves terps.

I shortened light on time.
Some strains want to grow white pistils forever it seems albeit slowly.
The shorter light helps with that IMO.
I dimmed from 75% to 50% in my last grow?
I lower my temps when I flip.
I did drop them a few more degrees near end.
Again when you smell your plant you are smelling terps that are evaporating or whatever.
I did not go under 60f.

I find lowering the PPFD turns down the heat the lights give off lowering the temp in the tent so lowering intensity also lowers temp. I keep the lights on for the duration but just at a lower intensity.

I guess if you really think about it reducing lights on time makes sense if we're following what the seasons do outdoors and the days are shortening. I keep them at 12 hrs mostly from my discussions with Aquaman on how reducing lights on time also reduces photosynthesis and other related processes in that growth period.

I find lowering the PPFD turns down the heat the lights give off lowering the temp in the tent so lowering intensity also lowers temp. I keep the lights on for the duration but just at a lower intensity.

I guess if you really think about it reducing lights on time makes sense if we're following what the seasons do outdoors and the days are shortening. I keep them at 12 hrs mostly from my discussions with Aquaman on how reducing lights on time also reduces photosynthesis and other related processes in that growth period.
Thanks guys. I have a speed controller on my exhaust fan to control temp. After lowering ppfd you guys find yourselves running high 70’s then? I ran 82 through bloom so far

Thanks guys. I have a speed controller on my exhaust fan to control temp. After lowering ppfd you guys find yourselves running high 70’s then? I ran 82 through bloom so far
I think 68-72 for lights off, and 75-77 for lights on is the sweet spot for flowering. Every time i run 82+ i have issues.

82-85 veg consistent day and night , 80 consistent day and night for first5-6 weeks flower then I let it drop to 60's lights off with 76-78 high temp lights on?
My room is dependent on me controlling it during my favorite time of year to grow.
The room would 30f without help.

82-85 veg consistent day and night , 80 consistent day and night for first5-6 weeks flower then I let it drop to 60's lights off with 76-78 high temp lights on?
My room is dependent on me controlling it during my favorite time of year to grow.
The room would 30f without help.
Thanks for the input. I will start simulating fall time 👍 Here too Burned alot of wood already keeping the girls warm and dry.

I think 68-72 for lights off, and 75-77 for lights on is the sweet spot for flowering. Every time i run 82+ i have issues.
Thanks man. I saw issues at 82 but i think it was my own fault with ppm too high. Lots of great advice here. This is my second grow. I tried rdwc first with not much success. I figured i should start with something simpler so here i am in promix. Learning alot.

Back
Top Bottom