MDK

Strain Encyclopedia
Reaction score
Been growing out some bag seed lookin for some mystery fire. Started with 6 photos ended up culling 5! 3 straight up male, 2 herm, only 1 female. Definitely buying genetics on the next run, this was the maiden voyage for me indoor though so just wanted to try this.

Here is my alien og bag seed at 3 weeks of flower20230507_215116.jpg

I got a few clones to root as well so next run I should be able to fill my tent if I stick with her....probably going to procure some new genetics though

20230502_071416.jpg

For genetics i liked the results i got with
Dutch passion
Nirvana
00seeds
And Atlas Seeds.

Ive always heard good things about Irie genetics, @dragonsflamegenetics of course, brothers grimm, compound genetics, there are a lot of good genetics out there, just do your research and stay the hell away from ILGM, CrapKing, and pacific seed bank, they dont send you what you order, its whatever they feel like. Buy seeds in bulk and repackage them to sell.

I've been mulling over my next grow.

Looking for an indica doesn't have to be crazy high thc...I'd be happy in the low 20s, looking for the terps though something grape tasty and gassy on the back end.

The breeders I been lookin at are
Humboldt CSI
Lucky Dog
Freeborn selections
Bodhi
In House
Solfire
Akbb

I'm just kinda tight financially looking for a good pack of beans I can land a keeper from and not have to pheno hunt forever...or find a clone

I've been mulling over my next grow.

Looking for an indica doesn't have to be crazy high thc...I'd be happy in the low 20s, looking for the terps though something grape tasty and gassy on the back end.

The breeders I been lookin at are
Humboldt CSI
Lucky Dog
Freeborn selections
Bodhi
In House
Solfire
Akbb

I'm just kinda tight financially looking for a good pack of beans I can land a keeper from and not have to pheno hunt forever...or find a clone
I would add @Oldsog to that list.

I ran some Hells Angels OG from him last grow, and it has become my current favorite. Took the place of Bubba Kush. I like indicas too.

I'm currently growing a strain called Han Solo Death Cookies by him. That one seems really tasty too. Have not harvested yet, but I asked him to pick something with resin rails for pressing, and he delivered.

Besides that, he is just a good guy. He is on this forum if you want to reach out.

I would add @Oldsog to that list.

I ran some Hells Angels OG from him last grow, and it has become my current favorite. Took the place of Bubba Kush. I like indicas too.

I'm currently growing a strain called Han Solo Death Cookies by him. That one seems really tasty too. Have not harvested yet, but I asked him to pick something with resin rails for pressing, and he delivered.

Besides that, he is just a good guy. He is on this forum if you want to reach out.
I've heard good stuff about that hells angels og, and bubba beats alot of indicas for me as well...I get to tire kicking with all the choices lol

I'll throw him a pm for sure

I move my plants around a burn pile for coverage from peering eyes. Used to use rows of asparagus to plant between but flooding killing my asparagus back to almost nothing.

20230513_090852.jpg

Nice looking big, one thing I can say helps is digging a hole that your pot can rest down in....helps keep roots cool and keeps plants down about another foot or so...I'm sure you already know just more so stating outloud for anyone who may stumble across it.

Nice looking big, one thing I can say helps is digging a hole that your pot can rest down in....helps keep roots cool and keeps plants down about another foot or so...I'm sure you already know just more so stating outloud for anyone who may stumble across it.
Id love to dig holes. Tried for 3 days, about 9 hours in total.
Problem is, even with a pick axe, i could only get 6-10 inches down before hitting bedrock so i gave up. Gotta do containers. Which sucks cause i didnt plan to buy soil. Just planned on digging holes and mixing in compost.

Damn that's crazy, I live in a flood plain with a low water table, 20ft down you can find water.....bedrock though...shit...that sucks

Did irrigation work for a few years they'd expect you to bust that shit with your shovel and keep going....sometimes trenches took forever...tear your hands right up too, quit that shit eventually. Old man making us do it manually when we had equipment to knock it out quick. Moron.

Damn that's crazy, I live in a flood plain with a low water table, 20ft down you can find water.....bedrock though...shit...that sucks

Did irrigation work for a few years they'd expect you to bust that shit with your shovel and keep going....sometimes trenches took forever...tear your hands right up too, quit that shit eventually. Old man making us do it manually when we had equipment to knock it out quick. Moron.
Yeah man, i live right near John Boyd Thatcher State Park, its a huge straight up and down cliff, runs for miles. Look it up if you havent seen it or been there.

I live where the missouri and Mississippi rivers join....easy to spot on the map. We got a big cliff (called the bluffs) that runs up the Mississippi River. I know old growers that used those cliffs to put their plants out of reach. Now they get pollinated by a hemp farm...ppfffft

Shit, didn't expect all that20230514_221045.jpg
These are cereal milk bag seed...since idk if they are s1 or hybrid or whatever else I was thinking about calling it something of my own liking. What's opinions like on that? I was thinking since they sprouted on mothers day calling them "mothers milk" 🙄. Idk if that's a strain already or not...but seemed cool. Thoughts?

Shit, didn't expect all thatView attachment 2617
These are cereal milk bag seed...since idk if they are s1 or hybrid or whatever else I was thinking about calling it something of my own liking. What's opinions like on that? I was thinking since they sprouted on mothers day calling them "mothers milk" 🙄. Idk if that's a strain already or not...but seemed cool. Thoughts?
Love me some cereal milk, good luck hope you find a keeper!

My wife was like, why you spending so much money.

Um because it's for life

Letting my asparagus seed trying to bring it back, looks like Charlie brown purple weed lol20230520_120752.jpg

You should dig a moat around so it doesn’t get flooded again
Wish it were that simple, unfortunately I live in a flood plain that had about 10ft of river in my driveway in 2019. 3ft in my homes main level. Stayed that high for like 110 days too, messed alot up.

20230523_091201.jpg

Well I almost got had, keep my plants near my burn pile on my property edge. Thankfully I noticed the farmer was about to spray the corn they are next to. I know the farmer so it's cool, he don't smoke anymore but I got the notoriety of having sold him the dopest dope he ever smoked back in the day so he ain't a hater.

20230523_100659.jpg
Getting some yellowing and brown spots on the fans of my indoor alien og bag seed. Hard for me to really pin down the cause right now. It's happening at the top so it causes me to think light burn. But it's also only really happening to the fan leaves which are only at the top. I'm thinking light...but also thinking magnesium deficiency? I upped my epsom salt last feed....loosely using shaded ones gaia green method. What has me second guessing the light deal is that the buds themselves don't look burnt or anything.

What yall think as far as narrowing this down?.....did she just get hungry in-between feedings?

@Shaded

20230523_112854.jpg
20230523_112903.jpg20230523_112919.jpg
Some more images

Last edited:
View attachment 3843
Getting some yellowing and brown spots on the fans of my indoor alien og bag seed. Hard for me to really pin down the cause right now. It's happening at the top so it causes me to think light burn. But it's also only really happening to the fan leaves which are only at the top. I'm thinking light...but also thinking magnesium deficiency? I upped my epsom salt last feed....loosely using shaded ones gaia green method. What has me second guessing the light deal is that the buds themselves don't look burnt or anything.

What yall think as far as narrowing this down?.....did she just get hungry in-between feedings?

@Shaded

View attachment 3858
View attachment 3868View attachment 3872
Some more images
You heavy on the pk?

My guess is nutrient ratio, ph, watering, light intensity

Have some info on all your parameters?

Looking closer to done so prob cant do much but correct the issue but not gonna throw out new growth

Light is 500w at full intensity hanging about 14 inches above tallest bud. Manufacturers recommend 10-14 inches for flower and I think 16-20 for veg or something like that...I'd have to look.

Soil is about 25% ff ocean forest 25%happy frog 25%strawberry fields 25% perlite

Last feeding I did 12 tbps gaia bloom 4 tbps all purpose 2 tbps rock dust 1 tbps gypsum 2 tbps Epsom salt (I normally only do 1 epsom salt tbps tho, was just trying to see if upped that helped) My pot size is 5 gallon

Prior feeding was same but 8tbps bloom 8tbps all purpose....they are fed once every 28 days....with top dresses of the rockdust, gypsum, and epsom at the 2 week mark during that period.

Light did ok finishing autos at 10inch hang height...a little crispy on the tops so I'm at 14 now....I am noticing on the close up picture the leaves are a little yellow on the tips so maybe it is light...

Oh yea been watering with absopure water doesn't have shit for microbial in it....ph is 6.6

I'm probably too late on this grow she won't get fed again I don't think...I'll try adjusting my ratio on my next run if I stick with gaia little more all purpose little less bloom...I just didn't want too much N during flower

I'm probably too late on this grow she won't get fed again I don't think...I'll try adjusting my ratio on my next run if I stick with gaia little more all purpose little less bloom...I just didn't want too much N during flower
Good plan and 100% agree. Yeah very common to see N cut to much these days… tbh you don’t need a bloom nutrient imo