Bandit on a Space Safari and I'm Hunting Unicorns

I extract with ISO and cook it off in a cheap rice cooker.
Good link here on it.
I also have an alcohol specific distiller for extractions that I want to reclaim the solvent.
Source has been around for quite a while I believe.

I extract with ISO and cook it off in a cheap rice cooker.
Good link here on it.
I also have an alcohol specific distiller for extractions that I want to reclaim the solvent.
Source has been around for quite a while I believe.

Do you do short soaks like the guy in the video on doing 3 minutes?
That seemed short to me but I guess the longer the soak the darker the oil.

Yeah the Source has been around since 2014 I think. Or at least the company has been around that long. There's an older version and now this newer model I guess has the better designed crucible and an adjustment to dial in altitude for the vacuum.
The reclaim will be very nice. I spent $60 on the gallon of ethanol and I'm gonna stretch it as far as I can!

I'm going with food and lab grade ethanol mostly for testing purposes.
Purpl Scientific has released the new app and extraction capsules for testing extracts but right now it only test ethanol based extracts.
I bought the ten pack and downloaded the new app but need some clarification from Purpl on a couple things like firmware and the subscription.

To test extracts I'll have to subscribe to an upgraded account that costs $20/month with a free 7 day trial. I'm hoping I can turn the sub on and off as needed but not sure I can.
Along with the ethanol extract test they'll soon have a portal opened for Euro style hash and other solvent extracts like co2.
Been waiting 4 years for this testing to be made public and now that it's here I'm all in on it.

Source is not bad.

If you want to jump up to rotovap lmk. I haven’t used mine in forever it’s just sitting there all sad but sexy at the same time. Needs a new home.

Knowing you I bet it's a huge lab grade rig worth about $5K ;)

I started piecing together a kit on amazon and cost got up around $500. I wasn't sure if I even had the right parts so I crossed checked with Best Value Vacs offerings and saw the small Source and thought it would be ideal for small batch runs. It was almost $600 and I could live with that then my coupon finder kicked in and knocked it down $530. It was mine at that price point.
Looks like it makes everything ez especially with the app and it's size will help out when it comes to storing it. I'm running out of space for all my fancy grow toys🙃

I have soaked long and short.
Freeze everything. I do at least 24 hours.
Besides darkness the longer the more of other stuff you may accumulate.
I have done 3 minutes or less and then refilled fresh ISO and let it soak for a week in the freezer.
The real best practice is to 'cure' the oil as long as you can to completely remove any solvent.
I also believe the 'cure' could affect the other things extracted on the long soaks.

Do you do short soaks like the guy in the video on doing 3 minutes?
That seemed short to me but I guess the longer the soak the darker the oil.

Yeah the Source has been around since 2014 I think. Or at least the company has been around that long. There's an older version and now this newer model I guess has the better designed crucible and an adjustment to dial in altitude for the vacuum.
The reclaim will be very nice. I spent $60 on the gallon of ethanol and I'm gonna stretch it as far as I can!

I'm going with food and lab grade ethanol mostly for testing purposes.
Purpl Scientific has released the new app and extraction capsules for testing extracts but right now it only test ethanol based extracts.
I bought the ten pack and downloaded the new app but need some clarification from Purpl on a couple things like firmware and the subscription.

To test extracts I'll have to subscribe to an upgraded account that costs $20/month with a free 7 day trial. I'm hoping I can turn the sub on and off as needed but not sure I can.
Along with the ethanol extract test they'll soon have a portal opened for Euro style hash and other solvent extracts like co2.
Been waiting 4 years for this testing to be made public and now that it's here I'm all in on it.

Knowing you I bet it's a huge lab grade rig worth about $5K ;)

I started piecing together a kit on amazon and cost got up around $500. I wasn't sure if I even had the right parts so I crossed checked with Best Value Vacs offerings and saw the small Source and thought it would be ideal for small batch runs. It was almost $600 and I could live with that then my coupon finder kicked in and knocked it down $530. It was mine sat that price point.
Looks like it makes everything ez especially with the app and it's size will help out when it comes to storing it. I'm running out of space for all my fancy grow toys🙃
Toys do take some space. I gave my source to mosh when I got the rotovap. I got a whole lab here doing nothing. I could use the space..,

IMG_4424.jpeg
IMG_4427.jpeg
IMG_4426.jpeg

I have soaked long and short.
Freeze everything. I do at least 24 hours.
Besides darkness the longer the more of other stuff you may accumulate.
I have done 3 minutes or less and then refilled fresh ISO and let it soak for a week in the freezer.
The real best practice is to 'cure' the oil as long as you can to completely remove any solvent.
I also believe the 'cure' could affect the other things extracted on the long soaks.

You think the vacuum will help with that cure?
When I started in BHO without a vac that was basically what I did was keep it at 90 degrees and wait it out for all the butane to purge off it. Kinda whip it around from time to time over a few days.
I also like the idea of running the oil back thru the Source to clean it up even more.

The vacuum should extract the solvent completely but probably no effect on removing chlorophyl or other stuff like a time cure does.

You think the vacuum will help with that cure?

I also like the idea of running the oil back thru the Source to clean it up even more.
If you want to clean it up winterize it before you purge the alcohol. If by clean it you mean remove stuff other than solvent.

Back
Top Bottom