Blue Dream & God’s Gift grow.

So I’m approaching Week 4 of flower. So today I decided to pull the plants out and give them a up close visual inspection. Remove any dead of dying leaves. Maybe remove so huge fan’s as well. Plus I want to look for any signs of Nanners. First plant I thought I saw 1 single pod. With out thinking I pinched at it. And immediately put it in one of may 5 gallons of water. Then I thought. Man I should have took a picture. To late. So I pulled the plant completely out and sit it on a stand. I went branch by branch, stem by stem and bud by bud. I didn’t find anything. Not taking any chances. I sprayed water around the area to make sure. If your wondering I have a pair of readers with 3.25 magnification.

Do the next one. It’s good. Do another and another. Then Bam. I see a few on the lower branches. Of what looked to be nanners. So I clip off the whole little bud. Mind you this is the lowest of the plant. Looked like it hasn’t opened. Then I found 2 that had opened. I’m like No Way. Scanned the entire plant. Nothing. Next few were ok. Then another. Same deal as before. A couple on the lower part of the plant on some larfy limbs. So I cut the buds off. Looked like they haven’t opened. Then I noticed a small pistil coming out of it. I was relieved. So then I grabbed the wiry weird 1 my wife wanted to keep. My wife likes weird looking ugly things. She married me. Anyways. No soon then I looked in this thing. I knew it was Queen Hermaphrodite. Well crap. I didn’t look any further. I cut the stalk at the ground and trashed it Immediately. I don’t know if any of the nanners opened of not. Really didn’t want to know. Because the possibility of damage has already been done. Don’t know how far her pollen could have traveled. I don’t aim my fans at the bottom of my plants. I aim them towards the lights. So as of hence forth. I will be pulling them out on a daily basis to ensure I don’t see anymore. I’ll post some pics later. Thanx for reading.

Man, that is definitely a full on herm. Those are balls and pistils, not even nanners 😳😒

Whats the breeder and strain on these?

I also agree with @CannaGranny, you should water mist everything.
To be honest I think that was a seed from some Cherry -gar-see-ya. It came off a clone I grew last year. Not sure how it got in the mix. It just resembled it. I can’t say a breeder because it didn’t come from one.

Sup man, nice grow and unfortunate about the nanners but C'est la vie :p.

Now is the time to really dial in WHY she nannered. Its a genetic trait for sure, but something in your grow could have triggered the trait to activate. Some strains that are prone to hermie's dont when given an ideal environment free from any stress.

Are you still at 1800ppm? I think that is a tad high even for soil, but I only grow in coco. I run no more than 750ppm in my coco grows. I used to go up to 1200ppm but 1800ppm might be getting into the toxicity level. Someone more knowledgeable than I could def chime in on this. @Aqua Man @Dirtbag @Mad Max @Moe.Red

It could also be caused by a million other things like heat, light, cold, poor choice of music (lol). Really gotta scrutinize your whole setup and get to the cause. If your whole grow is primo, then at least you made sure everything is good, cant hurt to check!

The plants look amazing though so your not far off from an A+

Sup man, nice grow and unfortunate about the nanners but C'est la vie :p.

Now is the time to really dial in WHY she nannered. Its a genetic trait for sure, but something in your grow could have triggered the trait to activate. Some strains that are prone to hermie's dont when given an ideal environment free from any stress.

Are you still at 1800ppm? I think that is a tad high even for soil, but I only grow in coco. I run no more than 750ppm in my coco grows. I used to go up to 1200ppm but 1800ppm might be getting into the toxicity level. Someone more knowledgeable than I could def chime in on this. @Aqua Man @Dirtbag @Mad Max @Moe.Red

It could also be caused by a million other things like heat, light, cold, poor choice of music (lol). Really gotta scrutinize your whole setup and get to the cause. If your whole grow is primo, then at least you made sure everything is good, cant hurt to check!

The plants look amazing though so your not far off from an A+
Thanx for the compliment. I try to stay on top of thing. And yes the last feed was 1886 ppm. But I failed to mention I didn’t clean out the reservoir before hand. Not sure if that played a part buts it’s possible. Plus I didn’t check the feed ppm’s. Definitely going to that tomorrow. That way I know where my numbers are at. The plant look healthy. No real signs of anything. All the plants are eating the same. Drying out the same. They even look the same. Except some stretched more than others. Like you mentioned above. Genetics. I may have planted a Herm seed and got a Herm in return.

@ZombieRider I thought those ppm numbers were high also. What I’m gonna do tomorrow is only use the NPK and not the other supplements and see what that number is. Then I can average out what the others are adding. Even if I filtered my water that wouldn’t even make a dent in those numbers.

You did the right thing chopping it ASAP.
Right thing tossing unknown seeds IMO.
Plenty of good/great seeds can found among the members here.

I have the exact same thumb nail~! :oops:
Swing a hammer?:p

Then I noticed a small pistil coming out of it. I was relieved.
My first grow hermied on me. Several of the ballsacks I plucked had pistils coming out of them. I left those for a while, then decided to dissect one. It had nanners within and 2 pistils protruding from the sack. After that, I plucked anything small and round, pistil or not. I was in the tent tweezing balls for 30+ minutes, every night for at least a week, maybe 2.

Miraculously, no seeds in the 10oz I netted. I consider myself lucky.

You did the right thing chopping it ASAP.
Right thing tossing unknown seeds IMO.
Plenty of good/great seeds can found among the members here.

I have the exact same thumb nail~! :oops:
Swing a hammer?:p
Yeah man I do. Mostly swing a hatchet. Been roofing since I was 19 and I’m 49 about to be 50. Did a lot of framing in between. Construction is a Love Hate kinda job but I love the freedom and outdoors.

My first grow hermied on me. Several of the ballsacks I plucked had pistils coming out of them. I left those for a while, then decided to dissect one. It had nanners within and 2 pistils protruding from the sack. After that, I plucked anything small and round, pistil or not. I was in the tent tweezing balls for 30+ minutes, every night for at least a week, maybe 2.

Miraculously, no seeds in the 10oz I netted. I consider myself lucky.
Putting in the work and it paid off. I’m in it for the long run as well. But if it presents itself to be a problem, timber. I’ll cut them down. No thinking, No hesitation and nothing to process.

I did this back in 2015. We were on a 20’ walk board. Not even 8’ high. My side collapsed as I was reaching over to grab a shingle. When we hit the ground. My chest impacted my knee right as we hit the ground. Then the other 2 guys piled on top of me. It exploded the ball joint of my tibia. They call it a pilon fracture. Messed me up but only for a minute.

6EF3E5E8-667F-407E-85B1-187725092E13.pngADFA1F94-D7A8-4EEE-95D8-683CFE0C2030.png1BD28085-6B21-4D04-AE64-24AD04558047.jpeg

Did this a couple years ago with a fresh hook blade. I was cutting some synthetic felt in the wind. Didn’t even feel it. My brothers like Dude you’re bleeding. So I wrapped it up with blue ship towels and duct tape I had in my work trailer. Finished the day. Then got it sown up. 1BF054F3-2911-4354-B6E2-FB68952724A4.jpeg

Attachments

• 7E7FC59B-F21D-4E0A-AB17-F7A9CF8A6C3A.jpeg
    7E7FC59B-F21D-4E0A-AB17-F7A9CF8A6C3A.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 2
Thanx for the compliment. I try to stay on top of thing. And yes the last feed was 1886 ppm. But I failed to mention I didn’t clean out the reservoir before hand. Not sure if that played a part buts it’s possible. Plus I didn’t check the feed ppm’s. Definitely going to that tomorrow. That way I know where my numbers are at. The plant look healthy. No real signs of anything. All the plants are eating the same. Drying out the same. They even look the same. Except some stretched more than others. Like you mentioned above. Genetics. I may have planted a Herm seed and got a Herm in return.
For sure check your feed ppm's, but since they are looking fine I bet you arent too far off from normal. Not cleaning out the res could definitely influence the ppm's as it's holding runoff and the liquids evaporate leaving it even more concentrated. I never check my runoff ec in coco, though Im thinking its different in soil?

I did this back in 2015. We were on a 20’ walk board. Not even 8’ high. My side collapsed as I was reaching over to grab a shingle. When we hit the ground. My chest impacted my knee right as we hit the ground. Then the other 2 guys piled on top of me. It exploded the ball joint of my tibia. They call it a pilon fracture. Messed me up but only for a minute.

View attachment 36966View attachment 36968View attachment 36967

Did this a couple years ago with a fresh hook blade. I was cutting some synthetic felt in the wind. Didn’t even feel it. My brothers like Dude you’re bleeding. So I wrapped it up with blue ship towels and duct tape I had in my work trailer. Finished the day. Then got it sown up. View attachment 36969
Ouch!!

View attachment 36966View attachment 36968View attachment 36967

Did this a couple years ago with a fresh hook blade. I was cutting some synthetic felt in the wind. Didn’t even feel it. My brothers like Dude you’re bleeding. So I wrapped it up with blue ship towels and duct tape I had in my work trailer. Finished the day. Then got it sown up. View attachment 36969
I know the feeling....

You'll like this story.

Had a buddy that was an assistant to the Osbourne family(Yes, Ozzie). When Kelly was getting out of hand Sharon and Ozzie asked him to be her bodyguard and keep her out of trouble. As usual, she would sneak out and go clubbing. I think she was 13 or 14 at the time. They get back to the house around 4 a.m. and Kelly's drunk out of her mind and says she forgot her key. My buddy climbs up a trellis to get into her bedroom balcony so that Sharon and Ozzie wouldn't find out and as he's getting to the top he slips and falls off. Lands on his heels and shatters his shin bones, ankles, some of the foot bones and one of his knees.

When I'd go over to his place he'd show me all the titanium rods and pins that they had put in and removed. Last time I saw him, which was about 10 yrs ago, he was still walking with a cane.

For sure check your feed ppm's, but since they are looking fine I bet you arent too far off from normal. Not cleaning out the res could definitely influence the ppm's as it's holding runoff and the liquids evaporate leaving it even more concentrated. I never check my runoff ec in coco, though Im thinking its different in soil?
I’ve been searching on line referencing those numbers. I found it’s not common
I know the feeling....

You'll like this story.

Had a buddy that was an assistant to the Osbourne family(Yes, Ozzie). When Kelly was getting out of hand Sharon and Ozzie asked him to be her bodyguard and keep her out of trouble. As usual, she would sneak out and go clubbing. I think she was 13 or 14 at the time. They get back to the house around 4 a.m. and Kelly's drunk out of her mind and says she forgot her key. My buddy climbs up a trellis to get into her bedroom balcony so that Sharon and Ozzie wouldn't find out and as he's getting to the top he slips and falls off. Lands on his heels and shatters his shin bones, ankles, some of the foot bones and one of his knees.

When I'd go over to his place he'd show me all the titanium rods and pins that they had put in and removed. Last time I saw him, which was about 10 yrs ago, he was still walking with a cane.

It’s definitely affects your walking. I see a cane in my future. Hopefully not for 20 more years. I ended up with nerve , ligament and tendon damage. Just thankful I can manage like I do. 🙏

Did my feed today. Just used my NPK & Cal/Mag to get my first numbers. PPM ’s were 1500. Didn’t take a measurement after adding Big Bud, Bud Candy and molasses. I knew they’d be around 1880 +. Big Bud will be out of the equation in another week. Run off was still off the charts. Forgot to clean one of the reservoirs before feeding. Oh well maybe next time.

Back
Top Bottom