Blue Dream & God’s Gift grow.

I’m pretty sure. I have 2 meters. I calibrated both and had the same reading.I did some research on the seeds. Apparently they like a heavy feed, moist soil and Nitrogen all through the Grow stage. I read they can handle twice the nitrogen of any plant though out their entire grow up to harvest.With no adverse affects. But I cut 1 1/2 ml per liter out last week. Doesn’t seem to be effecting them. I have roots growing out the bottom of my pots. And they drink up that runoff like nothing. I thought maybe it’s evaporating. But it couldn’t be. It was gone yesterday in a few hours. I’m getting 3 cups of runoff per gallon maybe 4. If I water with the left overs. And it’s gone in no time. I don’t have a dehumidifier going. The Rh is 65 out side @ 37 degrees.

5 weeks in. It’s hump week. Plants are doing great. Started the overdrive. I did do a little defoliation yesterday after feeding. Temps dropped below zero outside so I had to kick up the heat. Dry heat from the heaters forced me to feed a day earlier. What can ya do. I do have one plant that’s showing some issues. Been battling with it for a while. Feed is the same as the others. Watering lights ect. The only thing I can come up with is that it may have a ph issue and some lock out. But I unfortunately left my ph pen on the floor and accidentally stepped on the tip and broke it. 150 bucks wasted. Story of my life. I did bump up the k being I’m heading into the final weeks of flower. Here’s some pics. Thanks for reading.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here’s the plant in question.

image.jpgimage.jpg

This one has been showing some phosphorus issues image.jpgimage.jpg

Most of the purplish color has been there but hasn’t gotten any worse. May make individual feed for these 2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
Thank you. Glad to be here. Sometimes the more I think I know. The less I really know. Kinda hard to figure out what going on with plants.
I'm new to all this and I've learned so much here. Someone will chime in for sure. Some plants fade just fade, so maybe a different pheno? I don't know if that starts at 5 weeks though.

Speaking of the plant in question. When I fed yesterday I did notice she wasn’t as dry as the rest. So I’m think ph issue, nute lockouts of some sort or even root issues. Her Buds seem to be forming ok.

I'm new to all this and I've learned so much here. Someone will chime in for sure. Some plants fade just fade, so maybe a different pheno? I don't know if that starts at 5 weeks though.
You’re probably right. She does seem to be lagging behind some from the others. Maybe a mother plant trait or father who knows. I guess you always have that one stubborn one lol.

Speaking of the plant in question. When I fed yesterday I did notice she wasn’t as dry as the rest. So I’m think ph issue, nute lockouts of some sort or even root issues. Her Buds seem to be forming ok.
Yes. If all the plants are the same and one is wetter than the other then it means it's not pulling water as fast. I was going to say that it may just be a temporary slow down of that one plant but you said it's been doing this the whole grow.

Yes. If all the plants are the same and one is wetter than the other then it means it's not pulling water as fast. I was going to say that it may just be a temporary slow down of that one plant but you said it's been doing this the whole grow.
Both of those plants seemed to be having a phosphorus issue at one point. That’s why I bumped it up to 12 ml per 2 liters. It seemed to help in slowing the leaf purpling. And some of the leaves are kinda old. But it’s moved up the 2 main tops. So could it be just old damage from the low phosphorus ? Definitely going to keep an eye on this.

Both of those plants seemed to be having a phosphorus issue at one point. That’s why I bumped it up to 12 ml per 2 liters. It seemed to help in slowing the leaf purpling. And some of the leaves are kinda old. But it’s moved up the 2 main tops. So could it be just old damage from the low phosphorus ? Definitely going to keep an eye on this.
Here is a thought. I use fox Farm soil too, albeit ocean forest. But what I have seen with premixed soils is it settles in the bags. Heavier particles to bottom of bag and lighter substrate at the top. If not dumped and thoroughly remixed prior to potting imbalances can occur. This could be what you are seeing in your troubled plant. Did you mix well before planting?

Here is a thought. I use fox Farm soil too, albeit ocean forest. But what I have seen with premixed soils is it settles in the bags. Heavier particles to bottom of bag and lighter substrate at the top. If not dumped and thoroughly remixed prior to potting imbalances can occur. This could be what you are seeing in your troubled plant. Did you mix well before planting?
I mix soils [ very thoroughly ] but not each bag before I start.:oops:
I can see one more step to my preparation be added. Thanks. (y)
I grow multiple strains all the time so it hard to pin things down especially if differences are between two that are the same strain.
I always think pheno [ easy enough to say and believe], but I do think you are correct about how soil is received. Settled.👊

I try to. I didn’t use ocean forest this time around. Just Happy Frog, perlite and some worm castings. Typically I’ll do 80/20 plus perlite and castings. But as I was writing this I was thinking. No I don’t dump the bags out and mix it before additional material.

I'm not so sure this is an issue that would have far reaching effects. A lot of outdoor growers will cut the top off the bag and plant the plant directly in the bag. No mixing of the soil.

I understand your logic but I'm not sure if enough separation occurs for it to be an issue.

I'm not so sure this is an issue that would have far reaching effects. A lot of outdoor growers will cut the top off the bag and plant the plant directly in the bag. No mixing of the soil.

I understand your logic but I'm not sure if enough separation occurs for it to be an issue.
I see it in ocean forest. All the light substrate is alway in the upper half of the bag seems like. So I have started dumping the bags and it mix the shit out of it in a large tote.

Yeah I hear ya on that. Never pre mixed before. Never even crossed my mind.

I can see it being an issue if one pot has soil from top and the other from bottom.
It can make watering different for sure IMO.
I agree in a bag the plant still has all the soil and the watering is always the same so no biggy.

I can see it being an issue if one pot has soil from top and the other from bottom.
It can make watering different for sure IMO.
I agree in a bag the plant still has all the soil and the watering is always the same so no biggy.
The OP mentioned one plant not drinking as much. It’s what made me remember my experience with soil compaction in the premix bags. It can cause issues.

Well I kicked up the potassium this feed to 10 ml pre 2 liters. So my feed is

12 ml per 2 liter’s Phosphorus ( Bloom)
10 ml per 2 liter’s Potassium ( Micro)
5 ml per 2 liter’s Nitrogen ( Grow)
4 ml per 2 liter’s Cal/Mag
4 ml per 2 liter’s Overdrive

I am thinking I have this going on but not in a bad way.
Plants are just a PIA to water on their own schedule.
My limited understanding is not drinking as much is usually lock out related, but if the plant looks fine but is just drying back slower then this is completely in the realm to me.
Need to get the electric cement mixer back from my buddy~!:p

The OP mentioned one plant not drinking as much. It’s what made me remember my experience with soil compaction in the premix bags. It can cause issues.

Exactly. And here’s another thing. I fed the 13th. But the cold front came in and I had to crank up the heat upstairs. With out heat and lights on the temp maxed out at 72 degrees. Night time temps in the low 60’s. Humidity in the 70’s I’d say. But with the heat on the temp hit 80 with lights on and low to mid 70’s at lights out. The humidity dropped to 55 to 60 percent. So with that being said I had to water 1 day earlier. But that particular plant could have stayed on the 3 day schedule. What did I do? I just watered it as well. But the thing is the other 8 plants were way dryer then I like them to be and this one wasn’t.

I am thinking I have this going on but not in a bad way.
Plants are just a PIA to water on their own schedule.
My limited understanding is not drinking as much is usually lock out related, but if the plant looks fine but is just drying back slower then this is completely in the realm to me.
Need to get the electric cement mixer back from my buddy~!:p
Calcium is usually the culprit behind lockouts. If the bag ain’t mixed well you could have higher concentrations of calcium in different layers of soil in the bag. Anyway just my thoughts on a possible cause for issues in a grow, such as that.

Calcium is usually the culprit behind lockouts. If the bag ain’t mixed well you could have higher concentrations of calcium in different layers of soil in the bag. Anyway just my thoughts on a possible cause for issues in a grow, such as that.
This was one of my concerns. I have decent municipal water. 188 ppms. I have read that with good water cal/mag isn’t really necessary. Unless you see deficiencies. Been using it for a few weeks now with no issues. So this time when I watered I left out the cal/mag. Just not sure exactly.

Earlier in my grow I was having some hydrophobic soil issues. Didn’t know what that term was until I got some schooling here @Rootsruler But I knew my dirt was dry as a white dog turd. So I watered em down. With un-ph’d water. Yeah I know rookie mistake. Day 1 stuff. Maybe those 2 didn’t take it so well. Knocked their soil environment out of wack. Maybe they’re doing good and that’s old signs of abuse showing. If I go changing and adding to much or too little I’ll be chasing my own ass. I’m gonna let it play out. Thanx for the advice

I use FF/ COM/Sohum and promix and never pH my water.
My water is way worse than yours.
7.6pH 365ppm but low GH [9] and KH [2].:oops:
If this is from unpHed water then you will recover no issue.
I have some plants that go purple early and hard and then others that don't so I don't pH still.

Back
Top Bottom