Scrog Queen Talks Dirt
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome back to the corner! I’ve repainted the benches! 😂
Update on my world and the merry month of May:
A banging harvest coming up.
Five acres of flower/herb gardens to be set right
Finishing a spring cleaning of my house, inside and out.
Practicing at the range at least four days a week for a big match.
Just to name a bit of what I’m up to!
So forgive me for being slow to answer! I’ll pop in at least once a day to have a smoke with ya!

The Farm was only the Farm because we were all there and had a community of like minded growers sharing idea's a fun. What's left?......it was like a coffee shop that kicking a whole group out for 1 guy pissing on the floor.....its nice that there was another place to meet up......Fker could have pissed a lot off us if it hadn't been for this place.......then again if it wasn't for this place we wouldn't have been kicked out.....I'm so confused...My wife's out for Mothers day with her family so I'm home alone.......with my 3 furry boys

Hey Granny. I can go to the grow store at lunch tomorrow if you want to give me a shopping list for your grow style for the side by side.

I've been working on this forum lately and have really neglected getting my fog system together. So I'm going to use that tent to teach myself how to grow in soil.

My other tent is about 3 weeks from harvest. That's where I will put a RDWC vs Soil challenge next using clones. You and your 2 friends can decide which is better in a blind taste test.

Give me all your soil secrets if you want to win!

What do you think about airpots?

Hey Granny. I can go to the grow store at lunch tomorrow if you want to give me a shopping list for your grow style for the side by side.

I've been working on this forum lately and have really neglected getting my fog system together. So I'm going to use that tent to teach myself how to grow in soil.

My other tent is about 3 weeks from harvest. That's where I will put a RDWC vs Soil challenge next using clones. You and your 2 friends can decide which is better in a blind taste test.

Aren't air pots just expensive reusable plastic / fabric pots?

The Farm was only the Farm because we were all there and had a community of like minded growers sharing idea's a fun. What's left?......it was like a coffee shop that kicking a whole group out for 1 guy pissing on the floor.....its nice that there was another place to meet up......Fker could have pissed a lot off us if it hadn't been for this place.......then again if it wasn't for this place we wouldn't have been kicked out.....I'm so confused...
You are not wrong. I guess me starting a forum of my own, to stay in touch with the friends I lost, after getting kicked out in the same fashion you just were, was pissing on his floor? It sure didn't feel like that's what I was doing at the time.

I have no intention of competing with him. We are just not cut from the same cloth. I'm done and have moved on.

I'd do it the same way again tho, but knowing what I know now I would tell people up front that joining here means you will be removed over there. Allow people to make up their minds informed. He could have done that too.

The coffee shop is under new management. Long live the coffee shop.

@Bandit420 swears by them.
I like the looks and how they work and I've seen the short video's on them but after using the fabric bags the roots don't behave the same way as they do in plastic. They grow through the soil and not around the outside and coil on the bottom......That's what the Air Pots do in the same way just with a reusable washable & I suppose sizeable too. 1684087612445.png

I believe there is a huge difference between air pots and fabric bags.
I saw so many using the fabric I got 25. Never used one after keeping track of all who use them.
I see no measurable difference between them and plastic if you mix your soil and water correctly.
I even concluded in my situation the plastic 5g I use were better for me as the fabric would have made me work harder watering.
Now the air pots I do have my eye on still and think knowledgeable users of them are showing them to be worthy of a try.
@Bandit420 swears by them.
Haven't had one bad piece of advice from him yet except maybe his race pick today~!:p

I believe there is a huge difference between air pots and fabric bags.
I saw so many using the fabric I got 25. Never used one after keeping track of all who use them.
I see no measurable difference between them and plastic if you mix your soil and water correctly.
I even concluded in my situation the plastic 5g I use were better for me as the fabric would have made me work harder watering.
Now the air pots I do have my eye on still and think knowledgeable users of them are showing them to be worthy of a try.

Haven't had one bad piece of advice from him yet except maybe his race pick today~!:p
I've never used them so I may have a different opinion if I had, I disagree with the no difference between plastic and fabric......you don't get roots wrapping the sides or bottom with fabric....

Its much harder to break open old soil from fabric pots than in plastic. In plastic there is almost no roots down the center so the soil just busts out leaving a large root mass behind where as in fabric I have to bash the mass and pull the thing apart it doesn't just crumble away.

I don't know if it makes a difference above the ground but it sure does below

I've never used them so I may have a different opinion if I had, I disagree with the no difference between plastic and fabric......you don't get roots wrapping the sides or bottom with fabric....

Its much harder to break open old soil from fabric pots than in plastic. In plastic there is almost no roots down the center so the soil just busts out leaving a large root mass behind where as in fabric I have to bash the mass and pull the thing apart it doesn't just crumble away.

I don't know if it makes a difference above the ground but it sure does below
I have not used them either.
My caveat* was right soil and watering habit.
I find these to be the root of many issues [ pun intended].

I have not used them either.
My caveat* was right soil and watering habit.
I find these to be the root of many issues [ pun intended].
I did find though in fabric I get more compacting of the soil and I've upped my Perlite to 40% and that has done it....Makes it harder to transplant out of but the compacting issue is gone.

This is why it is so confusing to a new grower to get started. Too many options. You feel like a wrong choice could spoil your grow.
I get this image in my head of a guy in say a NY city apartment wants to grow some weed and buys a tent & light setup, fans, filters and all but the only real dirt hes seen are in boulevards or planter boxes....There's going to be a bigger learning curve for him than the same guy from out of the city who's at least played in the dirt.

Where does the guy in an apartment keep his bale of Promix? lol....or tub to mix the soil in....planters, germinating, transplanting, watering, feeding, humidifying and so on all needs to be learned

Meaning some folks need a lot more help than others...then there's those of us that are so thick in the head it takes a hammer to get though to us sometimes....

I did find though in fabric I get more compacting of the soil and I've upped my Perlite to 40% and that has done it....Makes it harder to transplant out of but the compacting issue is gone.
I let them dry out for watering then put them on a plastic coffee container for my 5L and 2G pale for my 7G. They separate enough to just roll down. Roots are so many the dirt stays except at very bottom.

But mine are in a long time so not typical results...maybe?

I had to transplant Twin 2 today so have a peek if you wish.

Last edited:
Shit! I logged into the wrong site 😱 how!

Wait, I see a bench a porch and a rocker.

Like the new roof, better paint job to. Much better smell too. 😷 👋

It’s an upgrade. Thanks for the invite PAL. You said you’d build it.
I put a copper roof on this one. Want to make sure it lasts.
DSC_0775.JPG
:cool:

What clones are you going to run?

I have a growmie down here Israel’s them religiously! Swears it speeds growth and over all health - I’ve personally never cared about speed so never tried - if nuttin else they look kool and futuristic
Started off with fabric because the farm said do ! Lol thru them bastards away and been using same plastic for years
Judging from what I've read here from @Bandit420 I would put serious credence in their effectiveness.

I've been a proponent of cloth pots for all the reasons we all understand but I would like to try out the air pots mostly for the speed part. I need to turn my grows over faster. The GF is beating me in the "Who can empty/fill the jar the fastest" contest!!! 🥴

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom