I think I'd have been fked starting in fabric, Its hard to get accurate ph readings from run off. Now that I understand it more I don't need the readings unless there's a problem I check going in but rarely out anymore. I just like how the roots use the soil better fabric pots than in plastic.

Hey Moe! @Moe.Red
I meant to do that for you the other day and then I got sidetracked. I’m assuming that if you plan to use my method, you will want to feed them the same way I do as well?
This is my dirt mix:
One large bag of FF Happy Frog
Eight quarts of Mushroom compost. Orschlens and Menards carry this.
Five quarts of worm castings
Five quarts of Organic perlite
1 1/4th cup of Dr Earths Flower Girl
Make sure you pack it down as you fill your pots.
On the feed side I use:
Powdered Mycos to dust the hole I plan to up pot in.
Xtreme Tea two weeks prior to flower and week one of flowering.
Blue Planet Seaweed
Blue Planet Grow (Kelp)
Unsulphered Molasses
Prior to doing a tea, I rub in two tablespoons of both the mushroom compost and the Flower Girl Bloom Booster. I will add these dry amendments again if I see it’s needed. Some plants are just huge N and Mag burners. I never do this past week three of flower.
The seaweed I start as soon as they come out of the cup and into the pot.
First feeding is 3ml and I work that up increasing it by 2ml until I hit a max of 10ml pr gallon.
Feeding of the Blue Planet grow is on the back of the bottle. It is an increasing decreasing dose, changing bi weekly throughout the grow.
The Molasses I use one tablespoon per gallon.
I feed one watering, and just plain water the next.
I’m a cloth bag fan. Seems many have problems making peace with watering these correctly. It’s not for that grower that likes to throw a large amount of water in and move on. Doing this with a cloth bag is often confusing as the grower will add a large amount of water too fast and it will create troughs and run off and out of the bag, making the grower think it’s saturated, when it’s not even soaked good. I water only in the root zone.
The last two weeks of flower, I move to straight water and force a burn off of nutrients. Many cry and carry on about this process, I have my reasons. I take great pleasure in a smooth smoke with heady terps.
I cut the hell outta my humidity after week three-four in flower. I’m normally running at about thirty five percent humidity for the rest of the flower period. This is when you will see the trichs frosting over your bud. At this point the leaves and stems will even become super sticky. I use cold compressed orange oil to get it off my hands and trimming tools.
Thennnn I do the Hokey Pokey and I turn myself around.. 😂🤣😂🥲😅😂
If you have questions just hit me up. 🥰

Last edited:
Whew! Now I need a cup of Java and a smoke!
So happy to see so many of you over here! I’m suspecting that most all frequent posters at the corner was booted. Is okay 🙂 We have a new and better corner now!
Im so happy we have all had a chance to get to know one another. Sharing pics of our babies, both children fur babies and plants. Many of us have formed a bond, that I think is flat out a bonus!
I plan on adding a bunch of ppl to this forum. In the past I kept my whereabouts on the down low from my students and friends as it was a place I could come enjoy. As it is, teaching classes has kept my social media hot. I enjoy every single person I teach. I do get overwhelmed when I open Facebook and there are sixty plus messages waiting to be addressed and all I really wanna do is bullshit with my friends and catch up with my family. Anyways..
Fire one up and enjoy! It’s a damn nice night on the corner 🥰

So happy to see so many of you over here! I’m suspecting that most all frequent posters at the corner was booted. Is okay 🙂 We have a new and better corner now!
Im so happy we have all had a chance to get to know one another. Sharing pics of our babies, both children fur babies and plants. Many of us have formed a bond, that I think is flat out a bonus!
I plan on adding a bunch of ppl to this forum. In the past I kept my whereabouts on the down low from my students and friends as it was a place I could come enjoy. As it is, teaching classes has kept my social media hot. I enjoy every single person I teach. I do get overwhelmed when I open Facebook and there are sixty plus messages waiting to be addressed and all I really wanna do is bullshit with my friends and catch up with my family. Anyways..
Smoking right now 😎
Glad to be back at the best corner around!

Hope you don’t mind. Put my feet up, just socks though.

Vaping till my back don’t hurt...working on it. 🤣

• Deleted by CannaGranny
  • Reason: Looking for a better pic
Show…
Hope you don’t mind. Put my feet up, just socks though.

Vaping till my back don’t hurt...working on it. 🤣
Sorry to hear your having back probs 😕 That’s no fun at all! Hit that vape again! They say this Concrete Shoes is great for pain, let you know in a couple of weeks.

Do you know which theme you are using? You may be on a theme we have not yet got to with the styling. If you are unsure, look at the bottom left below the footer and there is a toggle to switch themes. As of now, the most work has been done on Carbon and Illuminate. If you are not on one of those, try switching and see if you can see the up and down arrows mentioned below.

On the right hand side on desktop and phone at the bottom, you should see two up and down arrows. Those will take you to the respective top and bottom with one tap/click. We can Look into the pagination being displayed up top.

Hey Granny. I can go to the grow store at lunch tomorrow if you want to give me a shopping list for your grow style for the side by side.

I've been working on this forum lately and have really neglected getting my fog system together. So I'm going to use that tent to teach myself how to grow in soil.

My other tent is about 3 weeks from harvest. That's where I will put a RDWC vs Soil challenge next using clones. You and your 2 friends can decide which is better in a blind taste test.

Give me all your soil secrets if you want to win!

What do you think about airpots?

Maybe we should set something up where I send you a large box of different sizes and you can distribute them to who wants to try them?
Considering how many I have and how expensive they are on Amazon, nobody should pay that price.
I'd only need to recover shipping but yeah I have a 55 gallon barrel full of airpots I'll never use. One of those buys where a hydroshop going out of business had a clearance sale so I bought the entire inventory and paid about $2/pot.
I believe there is a huge difference between air pots and fabric bags.
I saw so many using the fabric I got 25. Never used one after keeping track of all who use them.
I see no measurable difference between them and plastic if you mix your soil and water correctly.
I even concluded in my situation the plastic 5g I use were better for me as the fabric would have made me work harder watering.
Now the air pots I do have my eye on still and think knowledgeable users of them are showing them to be worthy of a try.

Haven't had one bad piece of advice from him yet except maybe his race pick today~!:p
Hey now..My pick finished 6th!!!

I think I've tried them all. Fabric, Rootmakers, both stepped and airpot knock-off, Vevors which is another knock-off and others. None come close to the original

For me, the choice is simple really. I can have this

IMG_4521.JPG

or this

IMG_4568.JPG

Coiling and compaction = stress, always feeding & watering from behind, and lower yields
Air pruned roots = high metabolism, faster growth, heavy eating and drinking, greater yields

My routine is start and veg in a one gallon airpot (orange bottom) then upcan to the Classic 2800 which is a common blow molded ribbed container from Nursery Supply

Untitled.jpg

The results of this process are described in this video at the 2:00 mark

Last edited:
Where does the guy in an apartment keep his bale of Promix? lol
Haha, and I actually have a bale of promix in the outside storage closet, I just use coco and perlite.
May use it for different kind of plants, or a mixture for mothers.

(The utility closet cause there's no washer and dryer here)

It sucks living in a small ass one bedroom apartment and trying to do all this, but may be moving in a few months.

Definitely not Ideal.

Attachments

• 16841399475148124322025145107590.jpg
    16841399475148124322025145107590.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 16841399012603195527446470369631.jpg
    16841399012603195527446470369631.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 1684139862791935402714782490481.jpg
    1684139862791935402714782490481.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
Do you know which theme you are using? You may be on a theme we have not yet got to with the styling. If you are unsure, look at the bottom left below the footer and there is a toggle to switch themes. As of now, the most work has been done on Carbon and Illuminate. If you are not on one of those, try switching and see if you can see the up and down arrows mentioned below.

On the right hand side on desktop and phone at the bottom, you should see two up and down arrows. Those will take you to the respective top and bottom with one tap/click. We can Look into the pagination being displayed up top.
Illuminate dark. Some times see a floating up arrow. On the phone gets in the way of stuff. Not always there and no down arrow, at least not on this page.

When I go to my journal it starts me at #1 I have to scroll down, hit next, repeat.

Illuminate dark. Some times see a floating up arrow. On the phone gets in the way of stuff. Not always there and no down arrow, at least not on this page.

When I go to my journal it starts me at #1 I have to scroll down, hit next, repeat.
Zen, I am not able to find a floating arrow. I'm on Illuminate dark too.

On the grow journal thing, when you open a thread by the thread title and not by clicking on the last post, is that not how it should work? If I am reading you right, it is working as intended?

There is a lot of scrolling tho, for sure. Maybe if people would not be so long winded, sheesh. I like using the PC better than the phone for the scrolling for sure. If there is a behavior we need to change, I just need specifics.

Zen, I am not able to find a floating arrow. I'm on Illuminate dark too.
If you start scrolling down one appears at bottom right. It fades away a second after you stop scrolling. No top arrows appear.

Here is a pic. They are confusing so I try not to post.
7D946CBE-E094-4603-B4DC-5AAA621CE1CA.png

On the grow journal thing, when you open a thread by the thread title and not by clicking on the last post, is that not how it should work? If I am reading you right, it is working as intended?
Oh. If I make the thread I think only see option to unwatch but on another I see latest iirc. I’ll check.

There is a lot of scrolling tho, for sure. Maybe if people would not be so long winded, sheesh. I like using the PC better than the phone for the scrolling for sure. If there is a behavior we need to change, I just need specifics.
Can’t help the long winded. I already paraphrase or drop words. To the point of misunderstandings. 🤷‍♂️

On other sites we have the same option to change pages at the top as we do at the bottom.

I’ll try a few things before saying ya/nay.

You win. I see them camping or off-roading but in the yard biggest has been coyote. Most of the time raccoons and rabbits.
He usually comes through daily this time of year and the fall looking for garbage..... First time ive gotten a photo in 3 years. He always ran off, but this year hes getting ballsy.

Made a trip into Big Town today myself and two gf’s came home with a car full of flowers🥰 Enjoyed a smoke rolling on the back roads a day filled with laughter and good times! All good good in the woods hood!

awesome cant wait to follow along and see them go! both of those are really well-loved lines.
Will be special. Pow Wow weed 🥰 We have a big pow wow of the nations after Labor Day each year. Two days of visiting, competition dancing, and fry bread! 🥰 We all bring our best and exotic stuff. I just know one, maybe both will be in that line up.
Imma tell them I got it from a 🐉!

Back
Top Bottom