In life, my luck generally sucks, or so I think. Then when it comes to weed and contests and shit my luck is real good it seems, oddly good. I get to thinking about that and then I think "well weed is kind of my life, been my thing and I've been in the game ever since I took a hit" so in that sense I guess my luck in life is pretty good when I view weed as my life sort of. Makes me feel that I'm doing what I was meant to do, grow shit, and take care of those around me and spread the love. Maybe life is rewarding me for doing what's right by me and my folk? Idk but I like it!

Now that's good living...just don't show up uninvited because nobody will hear the scream if ya piss off granny Oakley 😜
I know you’re on the way a good mile before ya get here. I’m wireless straight up to the teeth 😜 Then ya have to get through a gate.. So, usually I expect whoever shows up. I operate on the premises that no one will hear me scream, so just I don’t get myself in that position. I know the animals that roam my yard, people in the cities do not. The four and two legged sort.
I wanted peace, it’s alive and well here except for three big mouthed whip poor wills..

ha ha ha ha ha

its sooo bad over there.

i can grow mini-trees in solo cups with HFF
Right!! I proved a whole sub Reddit wrong once by showing my root ball in solo cup. They thought I cut off a branch and put it in the solo for pictures. I got rid of all social media except Reddit. It’s my favorite dumpster fire I guess.

Good morning all,
just biding my time here in the Bay Area. Thursday, my lady and I will be off to Monterey for 3 days of R&R or other monkey business ;)

It’s amazing to be able to get out of town for a few days and still feel comfortable that the plants are good to take care of themselves.

We are in the middle of a 36 hour heatwave. Supposed to be 90s and 100s all over most of northern ca. today, but then we drop back to the 70s and 80s starting tomorrow and for the remainder of the weather prediction.

So far - so good on the grasshopper/locust front in the foothills, but stay tuned, there’s plenty of warm months left. It could still get really bad. We’ve been spraying the perimeter with extra strength garlic spray, all the plants and surrounding soil are being sprayed with spinosad and BT regularly. I don’t know if we can fight off the hoards of hungry mouths, but I’m sure going to make it distasteful for them!

Oh, and ants! Doggone ants, they are eating some of my cactus! Mixing borax + powdered sugar + backing soda and circling the plants as well as covering all trails of ants. I’ve also dumped that mixture on what appears to be the nest opening, only to find they just use another door!

Well, that’s enough whining for now! ;)

Good morning all,
just biding my time here in the Bay Area. Thursday, my lady and I will be off to Monterey for 3 days of R&R or other monkey business ;)

It’s amazing to be able to get out of town for a few days and still feel comfortable that the plants are good to take care of themselves.

We are in the middle of a 36 hour heatwave. Supposed to be 90s and 100s all over most of northern ca. today, but then we drop back to the 70s and 80s starting tomorrow and for the remainder of the weather prediction.

So far - so good on the grasshopper/locust front in the foothills, but stay tuned, there’s plenty of warm months left. It could still get really bad. We’ve been spraying the perimeter with extra strength garlic spray, all the plants and surrounding soil are being sprayed with spinosad and BT regularly. I don’t know if we can fight off the hoards of hungry mouths, but I’m sure going to make it distasteful for them!

Oh, and ants! Doggone ants, they are eating some of my cactus! Mixing borax + powdered sugar + backing soda and circling the plants as well as covering all trails of ants. I’ve also dumped that mixture on what appears to be the nest opening, only to find they just use another door!

Well, that’s enough whining for now! ;)
So does the sugar draw them in and the borax and baking soda fuck them up? Borax maybe weakening the shell and the baking soda making the ants go alkaline real quick and croak? 🧐 🤔 Many questions

So does the sugar draw them in and the borax and baking soda fuck them up? Borax maybe weakening the shell and the baking soda making the ants go alkaline real quick and croak? 🧐 🤔 Many questions
Boric acid in powdered form actually blows em up from the inside out. I used to keep lids with boric acid and honey mixed atop of them under my kitchen counter, when I had neighbors that had a roach prob. I used to find a few dead ones but I never had them myself.
The boric acid is a powder, it’s cheap and safer than chemicals.

The sugar is definitely the bait, the borax and the baking soda are both lethal to the ants. The goal is to get them to take it back to the nest and hopefully the queen will eat.
Even if it doesn’t get the queen, it’ll decimate the workers that are all feeding regularly.

The PH issue worries me a bit, but I want the ants gone so if I need to amend the soil later, I’ll deal with that issue,

As to how the two kill the ants, I am not sure. But I’ll be googleing that soon.

The sugar is definitely the bait, the borax and the baking soda are both lethal to the ants. The goal is to get them to take it back to the nest and hopefully the queen will eat.
Even if it doesn’t get the queen, it’ll decimate the workers that are all feeding regularly.

The PH issue worries me a bit, but I want the ants gone so if I need to amend the soil later, I’ll deal with that issue,

As to how the two kill the ants, I am not sure. But I’ll be googleing that soon.
And, the answer is:

Borax messes up their digestive tract, they starve.
Baking soda swings their PH level to toxic levels.

I know the mixture sshz posts about will kill ants on the spot and I used it to kill some that were carrying eggs into my mailbox during a heavy rain, I was gonna leave em but the wife said something...

If you wanna search for it search for sshz name and in the keyword just put "tea tree" it'll probably come up.... safe for plants in veg only

I know the mixture sshz posts about will kill ants on the spot and I used it to kill some that were carrying eggs into my mailbox during a heavy rain, I was gonna leave em but the wife said something...

If you wanna search for it search for sshz name and in the keyword just put "tea tree" it'll probably come up.... safe for plants in veg only
Cool, I’ve used a tea tree oil/Castile soap, I’ll take a look!

thanks

Here’s the post from SSHZ (I believe).
I have used this exact formulae for other things, didn’t think to try this on ants.

I’ll certainly give this a try!​

SSHZ

Weed Growing Machine​

Bud Builders Supporter
JoinedApr 14, 2023Messages1,004Reaction score4,650
Here's the recipe again.........only spray in veg or early flowering- never in flowering with buds present.

2 qts. warm water
1/4 cup tea tree soap from Dr. Woods
1/4 cup of peppermint soap from Dr. Woods
1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
1 cup 70% alcohol (no higher)

Spray everything and everywhere. Kills most eggs and insects, plants love it though. Spray in dark, leave lights off for next 6 hours.............I leave a fan running in the room at low too.

Here’s the post from SSHZ (I believe).​

I have used this exact formulae for other things, didn’t think to try this on ants.​

I’ll certainly give this a try!​

[/HEADING][/HEADING]
[HEADING=3][HEADING=3]SSHZ

Weed Growing Machine​

Bud Builders Supporter
JoinedApr 14, 2023Messages1,004Reaction score4,650
Here's the recipe again.........only spray in veg or early flowering- never in flowering with buds present.

2 qts. warm water
1/4 cup tea tree soap from Dr. Woods
1/4 cup of peppermint soap from Dr. Woods
1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
1 cup 70% alcohol (no higher)

Spray everything and everywhere. Kills most eggs and insects, plants love it though. Spray in dark, leave lights off for next 6 hours.............I leave a fan running in the room at low too.
Yep and I used it probably 2 weeks after I mixed it I just found the bottle had some in it still...and it still was potent...good shit never killed or even bothered a plant of mine personally. I'll continue to use it....lasts pretty good aside from the rubbing alcohol but that's cheap shit so I just buy like 4 bottles at a time

I think he said you can even come back in a couple hours if you are concerned and rinse it off...suns a different beast so id spray hour after dark when plants have cooled

Back
Top Bottom